Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Can Kingsmourne (Shalamayne) split?

So, the base sword could separate into 2 blades. Can the reforged Kingsmourne do the same? Inb4 plot device where the sword splits into an opposite powered force. Everyone thought Anduin would be a Disc priest, trying to balance light and shadow. What if he ends up a middle man for life/death instead? It's like that old meme of "I want a Fury warrior to dual wield shadowmourne and ashbringer, that way when I whirl wind it creates quantum singularities."

After thought ideas/edits: In Darnassian, Shalla'tor (one of the blades of Shalamayne) means Shadow Render, interesting. Also was Yrel added to player icons; Big holy/light npc potentially joining the cosmic frey? Wonder if/how Calia Menethil/Bolvar would interact with this, duality anduin and/or sword.
    Last edited by Derpules; 2021-05-09 at 01:17 AM.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    So, the base sword could separate into 2 blades. Can the reforged Kingsmourne do the same? Inb4 plot device where the sword splits into an opposite powered force. Everyone thought Anduin would be a Disc priest, trying to balance light and shadow. What if he ends up a middle man for life/death instead?
    Shalamayne's(?) swords weren't of opposite properties when split, so I don't see why they'd be of opposite forces if they were to split in this form. Assuming they still can separate, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly but that depends if the unique effect still exists post reforging.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Shalamayne's(?) swords weren't of opposite properties when split, so I don't see why they'd be of opposite forces if they were to split in this form. Assuming they still can separate, of course.
    Naruu sneezes some holy dust on it: LIGHT-FORGED. Give the holy blade to yrel and bam, blizztier writing.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

I don't see why the Jailer would have had Kingsmourne forged with the ability to split into a life-imbued sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I don't see why the Jailer would have had Kingsmourne forged with the ability to split into a life-imbued sword.
    Do we know where the crystal came from that the jailer used on the sword? The one he snatched out of a portal in one of the torghast cut scenes. I seem to recall someone within blizzard mentioning that Sylvannis noticed the crystal, which wouldn't be mentioned unless it was a bread crumb. Ashbringer was forged from an old naruu crystal right? Naruu have a spectrum they operate on between shadow and light. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    So, the base sword could separate into 2 blades. Can the reforged Kingsmourne do the same? Inb4 plot device where the sword splits into an opposite powered force. Everyone thought Anduin would be a Disc priest, trying to balance light and shadow. What if he ends up a middle man for life/death instead? It's like that old meme of "I want a Fury warrior to dual wield shadowmourne and ashbringer, that way when I whirl wind it creates quantum singularities."

After thought ideas/edits: In Darnassian, Shalla'tor (one of the blades of Shalamayne) means Shadow Render, interesting. Also was Yrel added to player icons; Big holy/light npc potentially joining the cosmic frey? Wonder if/how Calia Menethil/Bolvar would interact with this, duality anduin and/or sword.
    Eh, it was already a difficult task to make it split in the first place. So Kingsmourne, I feel like for the fanservice of the blade, it can split but not into different 'versions' but still a mourneblade of the Maw. Though, I would love if the smith who reforged the blade into Kingsmourne wasn't able to replicate the ability to split.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we know where the crystal came from that the jailer used on the sword? The one he snatched out of a portal in one of the torghast cut scenes. I seem to recall someone within blizzard mentioning that Sylvannis noticed the crystal, which wouldn't be mentioned unless it was a bread crumb. Ashbringer was forged from an old naruu crystal right? Naruu have a spectrum they operate on between shadow and light. /shrug
    The Crystal is claimed by the Sire or his Dreadlords, as the final task before his capture but what it is, or where it is from, we don't know yet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    If the rule of cool applies, it most certainly can.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool if let's say Anduin will be 8.2 boss and it will be legendary weapon drop than could switch between 2H and 2x1H.

It will if it will make a cool cinematic moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    And it might happen! (pure speculation)

Other possible implications:

If Shalamane can split, does this mean the Sunwell, also comprised of a Naaru, could also have its Light part split to full or half Void, creating a Voidwell or a Well mixing of Light and Void?

The possible implications of a Voidwell could have on the Blood Elf people, starved of the Light and would need their magical cravings filled by something, and the Void Elves, who currently master it and would want for that kind of power, could be tremendous.

Alleria also absorbed the power of a Naaru. If the Naaru within Alleria could be swapped like Shalamane can, that would mean Alleria would have the capacity to transform into some kind of Light Elf, or some split of both.
    Last edited by Razion; 2021-05-19 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post

If Shalamane can split, does this mean the Sunwell, also comprised of a Naaru, could also have its Light part split to full or half Void, creating a Voidwell or a Well mixing of Light and Void?

The possible implications of a Voidwell could have on the Blood Elf people, starved of the Light and would need their magical cravings filled by something, and the Void Elves, who currently master it and would want for that kind of power, could be tremendous.

Alleria also absorbed the power of a Naaru. If the Naaru within Alleria could be swapped like Shalamane can, that would mean Alleria would have the capacity to transform into some kind of Light Elf, or some split of both.
    Please do not create additional Allerias.
    One is already more than enough.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Please do not create additional Allerias.
    One is already more than enough.
    I was more implying the power could be one, the other, or half and half. I mean, I guess a dragon could split her like they did Varian. I don't see much point to that at the moment, though (unless it was to interract with Sylvanas I guess, still don't think that's a good direction, just a possible one).

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are people talking about light and void with Shalamayne?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account

Wasn't Kil'jaeden trying to do that in the sunwell raid? Also, the idea of a voidwell seems scary... I like it! Maybe they could work like a cosmic bridge. A WoW Bifrost.

I feel like she's locked in though as the defacto void npc (besides locust walker). The crystals and actual naaru can shift light/dark, but I dont know if that applies to Alleria, I feel like it would explode her. I also agree with another poster who said that one Alleria is more than enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Why are people talking about light and void with Shalamayne?
    It's not people, just me. The old sword could split. Now it's imbued with an 'assumed' naaru crystal. Naaru crystals can shift between light and dark, this lead to the ashbringer. So, legendary elvish sword that splits into 2 now might have a naaru crystal in it. If sword splits what would happen? What could happen? It's just fun to think about.

Anduin saying 'the light is with me, even here' in the Maw, to the Jailers surprise. Anduin shaking off the domination spell (ever so briefly) after stabbing the Arcon. His story has always been about balancing war & peace, light & shadow, why not life and death? With naaru/elune lore floating around it's a guarantee the light is coming back and now we have a weapon imbued with something that will react to the light, and the sword splits. HARD IN THE DUALITY, my dude.
    Last edited by Derpules; 2021-05-19 at 01:58 AM.

The old sword could split. Now it's imbued with an 'assumed' naaru crystal.
    It looks exactly nothing like a Naaru crystal. That would be a stupid and pointless twist with no foreshadowing if it were to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

It's not people, just me. The old sword could split. Now it's imbued with an 'assumed' naaru crystal. Naaru crystals can shift between light and dark, this lead to the ashbringer. So, legendary elvish sword that splits into 2 now might have a naaru crystal in it. If sword splits what would happen? What could happen? It's just fun to think about.

Anduin saying 'the light is with me, even here' in the Maw, to the Jailers surprise. Anduin shaking off the domination spell (ever so briefly) after stabbing the Arcon. His story has always been about balancing war & peace, light & shadow, why not life and death? With naaru/elune lore floating around it's a guarantee the light is coming back and now we have a weapon imbued with something that will react to the light, and the sword splits. HARD IN THE DUALITY, my dude.
    Why would you assume the crystal used to forge Kingsmourne is from a naaru? It doesn't seem to have any Light or Void properties whatsoever.

Not that Shalamayne (a sword forged not by elves, but as the result of a fluke) should factor into the Sunwell at all. We already know there's the potential for the Sunwell to turn if Void magic is introduced. They demonstrated this an expansion ago.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Damn right. Two characters fight over the sword, one pure of heart, the other not, the sword splits into a good and evil sword, good character stabs bad character with it, something like that feels extremely Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Damn right. Two characters fight over the sword, one pure of heart, the other not, the sword splits into a good and evil sword, good character stabs bad character with it, something like that feels extremely Blizzard.
    Oh hey, I like Soul Calibur
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.