Why can't Western Europe play with NA?

This is 2020, max ping is 150ms more than enough

Let the latin american and the russian play together, they will fit just right

Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post

Because they are 2 different games.

Look at the forum posts regarding Transfers between EU/NA Usually it's explained there why crossplay isn't possible. I'm trapped in the EU playing an NA account.

And I hope that last part of your post is just you trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Because they are 2 different games.

Look at the forum posts regarding Transfers between EU/NA Usually it's explained there why crossplay isn't possible. I'm trapped in the EU playing an NA account.

And I hope that last part of your post is just you trolling.
    Pretty sure you could add an EU license to your battle net account. I also believe you would keep all your battle net stuff like mounts achievements etc.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothin like a lil bit of racism to finish a thread, eh?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

5+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard is too stupid to make it happen, that is literally the reason.

Other developers have no problem whatsoever with this.

Quote Originally Posted by INVASMANIXOXOXO View Post
    Pretty sure you could add an EU license to your battle net account. I also believe you would keep all your battle net stuff like mounts achievements etc.
    You can add an EU license of the game to your Battle.net account, yes. However, it's a totally new game. You even have to buy the core game and expansions again. There is no cross-talk between both versions.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...0new%20region.

It's like how some multi console games allow you to play only with people that are using your specific console.

I decided to just keep using my 13 year old NA account in Europe
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2021-05-10 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post

Last thing we need is more intermingling of players who can't communicate with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by INVASMANIXOXOXO View Post
    You can buy an EU license (I have one since I moved to the UK) but you lose all your achievements, titles, mounts, pets, toys, transmog, etc. It's like being a brand new player. Everything's gone.

I opt to play with my NA account and live with the ~150ms
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Last thing we need is more intermingling of players who can't communicate with each other.
    EU doesn't seem to have much problem with this (not saying there isn't any, just not much), so why would connecting EU and NA make it any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    EU doesn't seem to have much problem with this (not saying there isn't any, just not much), so why would connecting EU and NA make it any different?
    EU does have this problem, it's a huge problem with the Russian playerbase, the same way the NA realms have issues with the BR realms. FFXIV did exactly what's being proposed in this thread and they have a huge problem with the French. You can pretend that it's "not as much" but just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't a problem of the same scale that would only be made worse when you congregate both together.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    EU does have this problem, it's a huge problem with the Russian playerbase, the same way the NA realms have issues with the BR realms. FFXIV did exactly what's being proposed in this thread and they have a huge problem with the French. You can pretend that it's "not as much" but just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't a problem of the same scale that would only be made worse when you congregate both together.
    Fair points. I have no idea about FFXIV so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I mean I'm not going to lie and say I'm not biased to the fact I like the idea, as I have friends in NA I'd like to play WoW with without losing all my collected achievements, mounts, pets and so forth.

Dunno, while I agree there is a problem with communication, for me personally there would also be advantages to connecting NA with EU as stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Fair points. I have no idea about FFXIV so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I mean I'm not going to lie and say I'm not biased to the fact I like the idea, as I have friends in NA I'd like to play WoW with without losing all my collected achievements, mounts, pets and so forth.

Dunno, while I agree there is a problem with communication, for me personally there would also be advantages to connecting NA with EU as stated above.
    I understand the sentiment I truly do, but they already have a huge issue linking US players to OC realms. You have to look at the larger picture and understand the reality of what you're actually going to obtain; which in ActiBlizzard means cheap, halfassed implementation that's going to be unenjoyable for everyone involved. I'd rather have them opening up the factions to increase player size than try to merge US and EU together.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Many BR players speak a bit of English.

In the case you're being a bit edgy. I'd lol at BRs mixing with russians. That could be some funny stuff

Political debates in trade chat are always entertaining though

Quote Originally Posted by Brazel MMO View Post

In the case you're being a bit edgy. I'd lol at BRs mixing with russians. That could be some funny stuff
    At least you can read spanish or get the jist of what they are saying, same with WEST european nations speaking in latin alphabet. Good luck reading or writing CYRILLIC. I am sure no NA player has experienced an unintelligible player name/guild/realm. Ok imagine a player who joins your groups and the entire text related to them is arabic.. where do you even begin???

And before you call west vs east europe dividing racist, many popular games divide by this barrier. They use an entirely different writing system.
    And British/Irish players have more in common with NA than mainland Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Brazel MMO View Post
    And yet enough don't that nearly the entire NA WoW community has blacklisted them and refuses to play with them.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Why every burner account on this forum acts like an obsessed provocateur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread didn't start out great, and seems unlikely to go anywhere constructive. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead