Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
... LastLast
  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I'm still confused as to why people consider Bellular an authority on anything.

    Asmongold might be a stretch for some as he hasn't done any relevant content for a while now, but going back he has clearly played a ton of WoW and both raided and PVP'd at decent levels, Preach arguably the most qualified out of these considering he plays all classes and does raid mythic and so on. Then you have Bellular who cleared HC once and has done some +7 keys (which means he hasn't even done or seen Prideful).
    not everyone needs to be cutting edge good to have their opinion validated. you are saying i shouldn't listen to your opinion on whose opinion to listen to and i have not seen any proof you've killed mythic sire so your own argument invalidates what you just said.

  2. #382
    Dreadlord Konteil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    C137 For now......
    Posts
    983
    lmao this is so accurate it hurts. game is still going strong after all this time. and im still on it.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

  3. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    another moron trying to incite foolishness in the community and citing preach as some all knowing person. Preach is a moron and im tired of hearing from his fanboys.
    he's not all knowing but he HAS called almost all the issues legion, bfa, and shadowlands have had months in advance. so his opinion is rather credible.

  4. #384
    What is your goal with all of this?
    Regardless of this email being valid, the only thing you've managed so far is:
    Stirring up drama
    Dropping names
    Antagonizing

    Do you think anything positive & productive will come out of this overall?

  5. #385
    So J. seems to be clueless as well.

  6. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    What is your goal with all of this?
    Regardless of this email being valid, the only thing you've managed so far is:
    Stirring up drama
    Dropping names
    Antagonizing

    Do you think anything positive & productive will come out of this overall?
    possibly. who knows. at the time of posting, i just thought share it and let it go but it seems to have something that has people bothered.

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    not everyone needs to be cutting edge good to have their opinion validated. you are saying i shouldn't listen to your opinion on whose opinion to listen to and i have not seen any proof you've killed mythic sire so your own argument invalidates what you just said.
    You don't need to be CE to have a valid opinion but the guy hasn't even done the seasonal affix so far of SL and we're 6 months in. Why do people care about the opinion of someone who clearly doesn't play the game?

  8. #388
    Dreadlord Konteil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    C137 For now......
    Posts
    983
    credible no. lives up to his handle with is fanatics? yes.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

  9. #389
    Brewmaster Clown World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Fletcher Memorial Home
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    another moron trying to incite foolishness in the community and citing preach as some all knowing person. Preach is a moron and im tired of hearing from his fanboys.
    Atleast he makes an effort, unlike asmon, who is the equivalent of reality TV. It's cheap and shit, but you watch it anyway
    “Life is just a series of peaks and troughs, and you don't know whether you're in a trough until you're climbing out, or on a peak until you're coming down. And that's it, you know, you never know what's round the corner. But it's all good. "If you want the rainbow you've got to put up with the rain" - David Brent.

  10. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    You don't need to be CE to have a valid opinion but the guy hasn't even done the seasonal affix so far of SL and we're 6 months in. Why do people care about the opinion of someone who clearly doesn't play the game?
    but you said he's only clearing HC once. which implies he needs to do mythic content to get your approval. mythic content isn't for people who aren't willing to invest lots of time into it. if anything, bellular is the most like the common player because he is the least cutting edge of the three.

  11. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post

    so one thing makes sense at least. maybe if we can find a reasonable answer as to why i emailed j.allen.brack and got a response from jbrack instead.
    Alias. jbrack is likely what his primary SMTP address is (the actual email address connected to the account), and j.allen.brack is an alias that looks nicer for publishing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I guess now we need another e-mail from Brack confirming that the first one was real

    Icy Veins has already deleted your news. I guess that confirms that it's fake.

    PS. There is software out there that lets you send an e-mail and have it show as sent from any e-mail address you input. Even if that was his legit e-mail and the reply really existed in your inbox, that doesn't mean it's real.
    Then it would fail DKIM. the whole point of DKIM and SPF is to verify that the email is in fact sent from the servers that the domain is connected to. The blizzard.com domain has both DKIM and SPF configured, and so if someone else tries to send an email that appears to be from that domain, the receiving email server will usually flag it as spam, and it will definitly flag that either SPF or DKIM has failed. This email shows that both has passed.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    nostalgia is a powerful drug,also 90%+left in the first week
    90% left in the first week? Really wow game subs are up 50%

  13. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by Art the Clown View Post
    Atleast he makes an effort, unlike asmon, who is the equivalent of reality TV. It's cheap and shit, but you watch it anyway
    i agree asmongold is mostly this. but he does speak logically and well spoken too occasionally. he's mostly toxic but he has the occasional nugget.

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalicus View Post
    For me this seems credible yes.

    Unless you've managed to spoof the DKIM verification somehow, and i don't see how you'd manage that, this should be evidence that it was indeed sent from the email servers for the blizzard.com domain.
    DMARC too, so he either edited the video itself and edited the HTML or it's true. That is if blizzard.com has DMARC, but since it shows 'PASSED' I would reckon it does.

    Anyone can spoof email, either with a website that does it for you, with a custom properly set up SMTP server or with 3-4 lines of PHP code. But those headers, especially DMARC passed.

    So once again, he either edited the video which doesn't look like it or it's legit.


    Actually funny how upset people get over this
    Last edited by tikcol; 2021-05-10 at 05:46 PM.

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    DMARC too, so he either edited the video itself and edited the HTML or it's true.

    Actually funny how upset people get over this
    well i uploaded those videos shortly after requests for them so if i edited those, i am dang fast and should be hired as a video editor, not a manager.

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    but you said he's only clearing HC once. which implies he needs to do mythic content to get your approval. mythic content isn't for people who aren't willing to invest lots of time into it. if anything, bellular is the most like the common player because he is the least cutting edge of the three.
    I would have more respect for the guy if he had a few HC clears because even if he is "just" a HC raider, at least he would be playing the game. That 1 Sire kill might as well be a boost run for all we know, I'm sure a lot of people would throw him a bone because they watch his videos.

    I don't really feel strong hate against the guy or anything but he's lumped together with Preach who clears the content at highest level and plays every class/role, and with Asmongold who has played the game since the dawn of time. I just feel his credentials are rather weak since he's your average player and is mostly known for having made doomsday videos about the game every week for 5-6 years now.

  17. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I would have more respect for the guy if he had a few HC clears because even if he is "just" a HC raider, at least he would be playing the game. That 1 Sire kill might as well be a boost run for all we know, I'm sure a lot of people would throw him a bone because they watch his videos.

    I don't really feel strong hate against the guy or anything but he's lumped together with Preach who clears the content at highest level and plays every class/role, and with Asmongold who has played the game since the dawn of time. I just feel his credentials are rather weak since he's your average player and is mostly known for having made doomsday videos about the game every week for 5-6 years now.
    well i try to get varied opinions from varied view points. preach is really cutting edge, bellular is more casual and lore, and asmongold is more community focused. that's the main reason i lumped them together in the email. i forgot about T&E at the time i was writing it but i probably would've left them out since T doesn't seem to like unwarranted drama that he didn't cause.

  18. #398
    Do people really not know that you can edit any text in a web browser with right click -> inspect? You could edit this entire thread into a discussion about my little pony and upload a video of scrolling through it all in under 5 minutes. Why are ya'll going off about complicated spoofing and stuff lol.

  19. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Do people really not know that you can edit any text in a web browser with right click -> inspect? You could edit this entire thread into a discussion about my little pony and upload a video of scrolling through it all in under 5 minutes. Why are ya'll going off about complicated spoofing and stuff lol.
    i certainly didn't. btw, did the video cover what you wanted?

  20. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Do people really not know that you can edit any text in a web browser with right click -> inspect? You could edit this entire thread into a discussion about my little pony and upload a video of scrolling through it all in under 5 minutes. Why are ya'll going off about complicated spoofing and stuff lol.
    He posted videos, those videos also contain web geeky stuff you don't know about that basically validate that the person sending the email is the correct email and not someone spoofing it.

    He either edited the videos themselves or it's true

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •