Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post

so one thing makes sense at least. maybe if we can find a reasonable answer as to why i emailed j.allen.brack and got a response from jbrack instead.
    Alias. jbrack is likely what his primary SMTP address is (the actual email address connected to the account), and j.allen.brack is an alias that looks nicer for publishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I guess now we need another e-mail from Brack confirming that the first one was real

Icy Veins has already deleted your news. I guess that confirms that it's fake.

PS. There is software out there that lets you send an e-mail and have it show as sent from any e-mail address you input. Even if that was his legit e-mail and the reply really existed in your inbox, that doesn't mean it's real.
    Then it would fail DKIM. the whole point of DKIM and SPF is to verify that the email is in fact sent from the servers that the domain is connected to. The blizzard.com domain has both DKIM and SPF configured, and so if someone else tries to send an email that appears to be from that domain, the receiving email server will usually flag it as spam, and it will definitly flag that either SPF or DKIM has failed. This email shows that both has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    nostalgia is a powerful drug,also 90%+left in the first week
    90% left in the first week? Really wow game subs are up 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Art the Clown View Post
    Atleast he makes an effort, unlike asmon, who is the equivalent of reality TV. It's cheap and shit, but you watch it anyway
    i agree asmongold is mostly this. but he does speak logically and well spoken too occasionally. he's mostly toxic but he has the occasional nugget.

Quote Originally Posted by fatalicus View Post
    For me this seems credible yes.

Unless you've managed to spoof the DKIM verification somehow, and i don't see how you'd manage that, this should be evidence that it was indeed sent from the email servers for the blizzard.com domain.
    DMARC too, so he either edited the video itself and edited the HTML or it's true. That is if blizzard.com has DMARC, but since it shows 'PASSED' I would reckon it does.

Anyone can spoof email, either with a website that does it for you, with a custom properly set up SMTP server or with 3-4 lines of PHP code. But those headers, especially DMARC passed.

So once again, he either edited the video which doesn't look like it or it's legit.

Actually funny how upset people get over this
    Last edited by tikcol; 2021-05-10 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    DMARC too, so he either edited the video itself and edited the HTML or it's true.

Actually funny how upset people get over this
    well i uploaded those videos shortly after requests for them so if i edited those, i am dang fast and should be hired as a video editor, not a manager.

but you said he's only clearing HC once. which implies he needs to do mythic content to get your approval. mythic content isn't for people who aren't willing to invest lots of time into it. if anything, bellular is the most like the common player because he is the least cutting edge of the three.
    I would have more respect for the guy if he had a few HC clears because even if he is "just" a HC raider, at least he would be playing the game. That 1 Sire kill might as well be a boost run for all we know, I'm sure a lot of people would throw him a bone because they watch his videos.

I don't really feel strong hate against the guy or anything but he's lumped together with Preach who clears the content at highest level and plays every class/role, and with Asmongold who has played the game since the dawn of time. I just feel his credentials are rather weak since he's your average player and is mostly known for having made doomsday videos about the game every week for 5-6 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I would have more respect for the guy if he had a few HC clears because even if he is "just" a HC raider, at least he would be playing the game. That 1 Sire kill might as well be a boost run for all we know, I'm sure a lot of people would throw him a bone because they watch his videos.

I don't really feel strong hate against the guy or anything but he's lumped together with Preach who clears the content at highest level and plays every class/role, and with Asmongold who has played the game since the dawn of time. I just feel his credentials are rather weak since he's your average player and is mostly known for having made doomsday videos about the game every week for 5-6 years now.
    well i try to get varied opinions from varied view points. preach is really cutting edge, bellular is more casual and lore, and asmongold is more community focused. that's the main reason i lumped them together in the email. i forgot about T&E at the time i was writing it but i probably would've left them out since T doesn't seem to like unwarranted drama that he didn't cause.

Do people really not know that you can edit any text in a web browser with right click -> inspect? You could edit this entire thread into a discussion about my little pony and upload a video of scrolling through it all in under 5 minutes. Why are ya'll going off about complicated spoofing and stuff lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Do people really not know that you can edit any text in a web browser with right click -> inspect? You could edit this entire thread into a discussion about my little pony and upload a video of scrolling through it all in under 5 minutes. Why are ya'll going off about complicated spoofing and stuff lol.
    i certainly didn't. btw, did the video cover what you wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    He posted videos, those videos also contain web geeky stuff you don't know about that basically validate that the person sending the email is the correct email and not someone spoofing it.

He either edited the videos themselves or it's true

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Just because some content creators say shit doesnt mean everybody else agree.
    You're beyond retarded if you don't realise that the thousands of people that follow Bellular or Preach, or the 40.000 + players that watch Asmongold everyday feel EXACTLY the same way, because what they have said about the game / company is reality.
    Last edited by Swiftnexx; 2021-05-10 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Ashes of Creation, it's ANOTHER attempt at that whole "The world is totally alive and reacting to everything players do guys" MMO.
    Pretty sure AoC was already scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftnexx View Post
    You're beyond retarded if you don't realise that the thousands of people that follow Bellular or Preach, or the 40.000 + players that watch Asmongold everyday feel EXACTLY the same way, because wait they have said about the game / company is reality.
    i mean not everyone of their fans agree. in asmongolds chat, you can see people disagreeing. that said, the majority of their viewers agree. which is also proven by asmongolds stream chat.

mails are extremely simple to spoof.

i used the first google link and did the following https://i.imgur.com/OdmOiEQ.png

yeah it was tagged as spam, so i untagged it and voila

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Pretty sure AoC was already scrapped.
    well you'd be wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f87Q0SqOKto&t=504s

this was just a week ago. you're probably thinking of the lotr mmo that amazon had to cancel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post

i used the first google link and did the following https://i.imgur.com/OdmOiEQ.png

care to show how you can spoof those DKIM and SPF things? i certainly believe anyone can change text but apparently those things are hard to fake.

don't plan on it. i'm quite happy with being a manager and holding myself to the standards i hold others to.
    Oh my, I needed that lol.

Never stop dreaming dude

- - - Updated - - -

it's real and i agree that some of the comments are laughable. is this unironic trolling? i didn't make this thread to troll anyone but i am getting tons of troll messages.
    #omegadoubt

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Oh my, I needed that lol.

Never stop dreaming dude

- - - Updated - - -

#omegadoubt
    it's already been proven authentic through some things called DKIM and SPF. there was also something involving the HTML but i have no clue what they tested that for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    The part that looks worst for them is that JAB even took time to respond.

The second bad part is that you have 700+ unread email notifications
    The dude is a manager who holds himself to high standards apparently. Like not reading his emails >.<

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    The dude is a manager who holds himself to high standards apparently. Like not reading his emails >.<
    because most of it is just spam. this IS a personal email. you people seriously nitpick the stupidest things.

this what you want?

- - - Updated - - -

so one thing makes sense at least. maybe if we can find a reasonable answer as to why i emailed j.allen.brack and got a response from jbrack instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I guess now we need another e-mail from Brack confirming that the first one was real

Icy Veins has already deleted your news. I guess that confirms that it's fake.

PS. There is software out there that lets you send an e-mail and have it show as sent from any e-mail address you input. Even if that was his legit e-mail and the reply really existed in your inbox, that doesn't mean it's real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post

i used the first google link and did the following

Now show that the spoofed email has passed DKIM and SPF. Cause that is what he has show in the email he has received and that verifies it is real.