Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Pretty sure AoC was already scrapped.
    Nope, not yet at least. I still receive news and updates.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Uh people came in droves to play a 15yo game. A bunch more are coming in a couple of weeks. The direction of the game is bad. The loss of subs is the result.
    I haven't subbed for 6 years now. Still play nearly every day.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Did... Did you just email a man's boss to get him removed from his position because you don't like the game, and used some Youtube influencers as "proof" of his lack of ability?

Dude, no.
    ....yeaaaaaaa^ that.#QFT

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    well you'd be wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f87Q0SqOKto&t=504s

this was just a week ago. you're probably thinking of the lotr mmo that amazon had to cancel.

- - - Updated - - -

care to show how you can spoof those DKIM and SPF things? i certainly believe anyone can change text but apparently those things are hard to fake.
    did you show us the header so we can check if you passed the spf check?

obsviously my faked mail did not pass the check, but it wasn't deleted by the google antispam, just flagged, and i deleted the flag
    https://i.imgur.com/tjt6COO.png

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    did you show us the header so we can check if you passed the spf check?

obsviously my faked mail did not pass the check, but it wasn't deleted by the google antispam, just flagged, and i deleted the flag
    https://i.imgur.com/tjt6COO.png
    there is a video for people to check that. someone already confirmed but you are more than welcome to check.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ6...r63iiJRTOmiQVg

At this point I'm prone to believe the OP based on the video and the fact that I'd be surprised he has the technical know-how or the inclination to spend the time required to spoof this.

However, OP if you want to put the authenticity of the e-mail to bed. Save it as an EML and share it so the sleuths here can do email forensics on the DKIM signature to their heart's content.

Instructions here:

https://www.lifewire.com/save-an-ema...-gmail-1171956

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    mails are extremely simple to spoof.

i used the first google link and did the following https://i.imgur.com/OdmOiEQ.png

yeah it was tagged as spam, so i untagged it and voila
    There's a question mark on the left(guess why), now open it and show me the email headers.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    At this point I'm prone to believe the OP based on the video and the fact that I'd be surprised he has the technical know-how or the inclination to spend the time required to spoof this.

However, OP if you want to put the authenticity of the e-mail to bed. Save it as an EML and share it so the sleuths here can do email forensics on the DKIM signature to their heart's content.

Instructions here:

https://www.lifewire.com/save-an-ema...-gmail-1171956
    I think i made the eml file but if mmochamp has an attach file feature, i can't find it.

7+ Year Old Account
    OP likely just permanently damaged the community's relationship with the Warcraft team and has done something that will lead certain influencers to being less likely to receive attention from Blizzard even when they should as it will be taken as them inspiring the harassment of an executive no longer associated with Warcraft. This is a solid yikes/10 from me.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    OP likely just permanently damaged the community's relationship with the Warcraft team and has done something that will lead certain influencers to being less likely to receive attention from Blizzard even when they should as it will be taken as them inspiring the harassment of an executive no longer associated with Warcraft. This is a solid yikes/10 from me.
    so instead of one interview every 3 or so months, we get one every 4 or so months. big whoop.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least I can respect Preach to have an opinion on the game, regardless of whether or not I agree with a lot of the shit he puts out. It's not even the fact that he engages with the game in a vast amount of ways either. You don't need CE to have an opinion IMO, but you should be playing the game to some capacity.

I do think that if you're going to be criticizing major systems and aspects of the game, you should have some knowledge on it. Bellular is the complete opposite of this spectrum and most people who frequent trade chat would probably have a better handle of how the game plays than he does. He's just a glorified clickbait youtuber who hypes when it's convenient and dooms when it's convenient. It's apparent he barely plays the game and basically is out there to sell fucking retarded buttons and shit. What has he actually made? I made games when I was 16 using RPGMaker 2000? Am I game developer too?

As far as streamers go? A lot of them do the same thing Bellular does. Doom when it's good to doom and hype shit up when something new is coming out. Half of them barely play the game, and people that take chat polls or the same idiots spamming "true", etc as an accurate poll of how the community truly feels is fucking retarded, I'm sorry.

As far as the thread goes, the likelihood of someone in Bracks position reaching out to some random is pretty unlikely and your email is something that I would expect a fucking Karen to write to management about being forced to wear a mask into a grocery store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    "Right click" - "Open image in new tab"
    Yeah except, that doesn't work.

*Opens image in new tab, proceeds to CTRL-+.* Entire webpage decides to go blank...

COOL!

Edit - You have to real fast right-click and "open image in new tab, as quickly as possible, and then zoom-in. lol

No one getting money from Blizzard-Activision, is going to EVER be caught dead Or alive, saying anything "bad" about the game, or it's people... EVER. Literally, if you were to tell them, they HAVE to tell the truth or the world will explode, they would STILL say the same exact things they do now. There's no point to talk to "Yes-Men". There's no point to talk to a Politician about Corruption.
    I would wager to say it's much worse for you to expect them to say any different.
    You don't know how this works? Nothing "bad" will ever be looked at as "real".
    Just look at the responses you're getting from even just NO-BODY Players. The fact that nothing could ever be "wrong" in their minds with the game, should be a red-flag to you. They're not going to agree with you, NO MATTER WHAT.. Even if you're "right".
    It's a very disgusting mentality, but this is what they want. So let them sit in it and suffer.
    Last edited by Violent; 2021-05-10 at 06:30 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

OP, you have sent an email to Blizzard management every single day since the Preach interview?

No fucking wonder Blizz stopped communicating with the community. Because of people like you.

If you actually care about the game, do you even realize how counterproductive (not to mention childish) this is?

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    OP, you have sent an email to Blizzard management every single day since the Preach interview?

No fucking wonder Blizz stopped communicating with the community. Because of people like you.

If you actually care about the game, do you even realize how counterproductive (not to mention childish) this is?
    not since the interview. i started this week and surprisingly, it only took 3 days.

So for those who didn't see my email campaign thread before it was locked, I tried to start an email campaign by giving the emails of activision and blizzard higher-ups. What I wasn't expecting was to actually get an answer. I'm not particularly impressed by Brack's answers. But I thought I would share our conversation and see what the general populace thinks.
    Honestly, like many others, I am surprised he actually responded and am a bit skeptical. And I will break it down for you.

First and foremost, laying the blame solely on Ion is a pathetic cliché that has been happening for years. The irony is people have done it since Ghostcrawler left the company in late 2013 and Ion picked up his mantle as "the face" of WoW. Problem was both men got absolutely crapped on. Yet no one seemed to remember Tom Chilton, aka Kalgon, who held the title of Game Director for WoW. So if Ion, as current Game Director, is the one to blame now, why was Chilton immune when he held the position? And the criticisms were not any different, especially for WoD. And the vitriol that Ghostcrawler got was enough to concern Blizzard that they offered to provide security to him and his family.

As for the comments about how Preach, Bellular, and Asmongold are financially rewarded by posting negative content is 100% true. Unless you have been buried in the sand for the last few months, you would know that there has been a lot of talk about how social media algorithms have been boosting negative content. Even if people access it just to see what a train wreck it is, each view feeds the algorithm and shows it to more people. For those guys, more views = more ads/etc = more $. Hell, I am watching a Bellular video now that is negative in tone and people are paying him to get their comments put on the screen.

And as for Bellular specifically, he is a dev, yes. He is NOT developer of an MMO. He as a game or two in development. Nothing released. So acting like he is an expert on game design is just silly. None of these content creators are. Nor do they have a monopoly on the "community", nor do they speak for the "community". And WoW is not a community-dictated game. That's how you get things like the Star Wars Galaxies NGE.

7+ Year Old Account
    so instead of one interview every 3 or so months, we get one every 4 or so months. big whoop.
    No, you don't understand. It won't be that "we get one every 4 or so months", which we have never really gotten, it's that certain inspirations who you cite may not get interviews at all in the future. This sort of behavior will be seen as toxic, and frankly emailing a company executive in a self admitted email campaign in order to have him remove someone from their position at the company is very much that, and will at the very least likely be a stigma permanently attached to the inspirations for your harassment campaign and will make it even harder to provide feedback to the developers.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    No, you don't understand. It won't be that "we get one every 4 or so months", which we have never really gotten, it's that certain inspirations who you cite may not get interviews at all in the future. This sort of behavior will be seen as toxic, and frankly emailing a company executive in a self admitted email campaign in order to have him remove someone from their position at the company is very much that, and will at the very least likely be a stigma permanently attached to the inspirations for your harassment campaign and will make it even harder to provide feedback to the developers.
    i get that concern. and normally i wouldn't do something like this. as much as i disagreed with ion and his managers throughout bfa and legion, i overall still had fun. they didn't listen, but they could at least provide a good experience still. this expansion is not fun in the slightest and has proven the lack of skill ion and his team have. i get it's cliche to single out ion but the reason i do is because ion will assign the managers of each sub-team. thus, my lack of faith extends to them. the real reason for wanting ion demoted is so someone new can possibly get new management guidelines and policies setup to improve communication and the game. we're not going to get that with ion and his team.

we get warnings in the GoT thread about asking if its a black targaryen, but this thread is 23 pages long
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

The way critics of Ion describe him make it sound like he's just a puppetmaster and the leads under him and the people under those leads have no free will.

You realize that he's not the only advocate for the systems of the game? They may not even be his idea. To think replacing Ion is going to be like some massive regime change is unbelievably naive.

7+ Year Old Account
    btw here is ace's actual youtube, idk why he made a new one JUST to post these videos, seems fishy.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ninjaman0003
    could just delete the channel so it cant be traced and claim something like "blizz made me take them down!" or something. especially since the email isnt even the right email.
    honestly ive seen people try worse.

and yeah, icyveins, etc, fair few content creators are starting to pick this apart, as its pretty easy to actually spoof emails.

cause here is whats obvious.

Your locked thread where you asked people to spam the devs said

"j.allen.brack@blizzard.com"

But then these pictures you have, have the email
    "JBrack@blizzard.com"
    Now simply hey, he saw the email on one account, sent you an email on the other.
    But that email he sent is a response email.

Meaning you were emailing JBrack@blizzard.com the whole time

So why would you email JBrack@blizzard.com
    but tell people you were emailing j.allen.brack@blizzard.com
    ???
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-05-10 at 07:03 PM.