Worth waiting for some WQ items until 9.1 ?

I'm playing hunter main and still didn't get the chance to receive Wakener's Frond https://www.wowhead.com/item=181457/...=6935&ilvl=200

If by any chance it shows itself in my WQ / Table, should I pass on it now? What I want to avoid is getting the 197 item level verison now a few weeks before 9.1, since I fear it won't show itself again once the item level are raised.

What was the previous way for Blizzard to handle this? Would WQ items show again after you got them once already, or are they unique drops? Or would the Frond not even drop again in higher item level?

I've gotten it like 10 times in all versions from 184-197, getting it once won't remove it from the loot table.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    I've gotten it like 10 times, getting it once won't remove it from the loot table.
    Heh, rng is rng for real. But thanks for the confirmation, this helps a lot!

Nah, you're all good. I've had something drop a few times at slowly-increasing WQ item levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Heh, rng is rng for real. But thanks for the confirmation, this helps a lot!
    I've gotten it more times than i can remember... From the command table. Like, at least once a week i get it.
    And i saw it plenty before i stopped filtered world quests to only show anima ones.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    filtered world quests to only show anima ones.
    OMG. game changer. Didn't know this was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I've gotten it more times than i can remember... From the command table. Like, at least once a week i get it.
    And i saw it plenty before i stopped filtered world quests to only show anima ones.
    Ah that's not an issue. I have all filters active.
    But crazy how many seem to get this multiple times per week and I didn't even once in the past 2 months since I started.

What was the previous way for Blizzard to handle this? Would WQ items show again after you got them once already, or are they unique drops? Or would the Frond not even drop again in higher item level?
    I was very puzzled about your post until I read this part.

You already owning a WQ reward item has nothing to do with the ability to obtain it again. Item rewards show for people based on their spec and armor type globally. So yes, just get it now and you will see it countless times in the future probably.

PS. Remember that quest rewards are different for different regions, so it's possible the people reporting the item appearing were based in a different region than you.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I was very puzzled about your post until I read this part.

You already owning a WQ reward item has nothing to do with the ability to obtain it again. Item rewards show for people based on their spec and armor type globally. So yes, just get it now and you will see it countless times in the future probably.

PS. Remember that quest rewards are different for different regions, so it's possible the people reporting the item appearing were based in a different region than you.
    Yea sorry I wasn't sure how to word that issue properly. The item in question here should pop up either as WQ in Ardenwald or from my mission table. I've heard it might also drop as a reward from the daily covenant quests, but since I didn't see it even once anywhere, I was afraid that it's A) rare and B) only obtainable once.

Now I won't have to hesitate if I do see it prior to 9.1 release. I think this can be closed tbh? Ya'll helped me already a lot

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing hunter main and still didn't get the chance to receive Wakener's Frond https://www.wowhead.com/item=181457/...=6935&ilvl=200

If by any chance it shows itself in my WQ / Table, should I pass on it now? What I want to avoid is getting the 197 item level verison now a few weeks before 9.1, since I fear it won't show itself again once the item level are raised.

I've got a 194 version and I've gotten heaps since I got that item

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    OMG. game changer. Didn't know this was a thing.
    I use zygor addon (can download "free" on internet) and it has a world quest planner, which you can filter on pretty much anything from any expansion.

It isn't that uncommon though the item isn't really that good unless you are min maxing heavily its only as powerful because it allows you to squeeze in a extra aimshot during wild spirits.

@tomten Ohhh. Thought I’d missed something in the UI. Cheers anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    @tomten Ohhh. Thought I’d missed something in the UI. Cheers anyway!
    Most world quest tracker addons will have that option too. I know "World Quest Tracker" does and I think "World Quest Lists" (I think is the name) has it too.