Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    So... Normal, heroic and mythic0?

You can have exactly that if you want. But others have a choice of pursuing higher difficulty. It's a win-win, yet here you are claiming it sucks the soul out of the game, and that's absolutely absurd.
    Sure, lower versions exist. Maybe I'll stick to those if I ever go back to retail. But the reality is that endgame is now being designed around this super sweaty mode. It rewards raid-comparable gear, so it almost forces players to do it. This takes players away from the raiding community. Why spend hours raiding for nothing when you can do this 5man speedrun for the same gear? And those players will never 'waste their time' doing lower keys, let alone the M0's. Basically, M+ divides up the community and hurts the raiding community.

The real casualty, IMO, is the sense of discovery that used to come with dungeons. Remember going into your first few dungeons and being immersed by all the new things? Aint got time for that in M+. And let's be real here, 99% of the community try to skip M0s and lower as much as possible, just to get into the speedruns.

Dungeons are more fun when there's no timer. Less stress is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    because you need 24 hrs to ensure all auctions are expired and goods in mail to posters and then you need the time to actually do the behind the scenes work to create separate ah's on new classic servers and "new" tbc servers, test functionality etc....it's pretty obvious why you would need more than 24 hrs...and once you get it up and working you have to ensure that a dumb ass that is going to a new classic server doesn't start posting auctions on the current ah that will be transitioning to a tbc server and then crying about losing his auction goods on the 18th when the servers switch
    If the Wow Dev team is WAITING for the auctions to expire... there's a problem. That should be a single query to expire them all and trigger the go back to mail event.

"Everyone higher lvl than me is a douche/bad players are saints/being good & nice IMPOSSIBRU" issue #4985

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Sure, lower versions exist. Maybe I'll stick to those if I ever go back to retail. But the reality is that endgame is now being designed around this super sweaty mode. It rewards raid-comparable gear, so it almost forces players to do it. This takes players away from the raiding community. Why spend hours raiding for nothing when you can do this 5man speedrun for the same gear? And those players will never 'waste their time' doing lower keys, let alone the M0's. Basically, M+ divides up the community and hurts the raiding community.

The real casualty, IMO, is the sense of discovery that used to come with dungeons. Remember going into your first few dungeons and being immersed by all the new things? Aint got time for that in M+. And let's be real here, 99% of the community try to skip M0s and lower as much as possible, just to get into the speedruns.

Dungeons are more fun when there's no timer. Less stress is good!
    This all may have been true in the past, but personally I've only done around 9-10 keys all season, it's far better to gear via raiding or pvp.
    M+ this season drops garbage loot, all you're really after is the weekly carrot.
    Don't get me wrong, plenty of sweaty people take M+ very seriously, I however don't because it isn't needed.
    If you can't crack a few jokes during a key, you're probably bad anyway.

To your other point, I'll admit I have fond memories of farming Heroics for badges in Wrath. Did I need them? Heck no, but I bought every heirloom and the 200 badge mammoth while helping newbies gear up. If current WoW offered augment runes for finishing Heroics instead of the tank/healer calling, I'd happily run Heroics for hours and solo them for groups as a mythic geared dps.
    Maybe BC Classic will scratch that itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Oishi View Post
    Ok I'll bite. Not only are you speculating on a server architecture you know nothing about, ignoring any possible extra layers they use to ensure stability, any other reasons like extra security or backup, dummy runs or testing of the new state.

Production databases aren't the staging databases, this is a novel and first run of this exact process. Nothing can go wrong, so allowing things to flush manually is either just an extra precaution which reduces weird states or bugs they don't know of, or is a specific workaround to ones they do.

Just because you learned what SQL meant once doesn't mean you know better than a specialized team that has been working within specific constraints for nearly twenty years.
    I've probably been a programmer longer than you've been alive. Pretty sure you have no clue what you're talking about but you need to imagine I don't know anything so you can sleep. There's no reason and no excuse for these problems. I know, I know, you feel compelled to defend them for reasons unknown except only to the cult members.

But, as many others are saying, Blizzard IS a small Indie company, which explains the Indie mistakes. Oh wait...