Poll: Do you think Garrosh would have actually burned down Teldrassil?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Not his style.

Chop it up for resources to expand his new horde? 100% his style.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

With orc supremacist Garrosh Hellscream leading the charge, you better bet Teldrassil would burn.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    He wouldn't. Theramore was an ostensibly neutral fortress that was too close to Orgrimmar that started to house too much of the Alliance's military forces. Regardless of what may or may not have happened to the civilians after the bombing, the fact of the matter is that they were given time to evacuate to ensure the bomb only hit military targets. Teldrassil was a tree far off the coast of the contintent which was no real threat to any major Horde establishment. Had Garrosh's Horde conquered further into Ashenvale and began to secure Darkshore, then perhaps he'd see Teldrassil as a target. I highly doubt he'd nuke the place knowing civilians were still there. While he may have later tortured civilians, he still appeared to regard them as separate from targets on the battlefield. I guess that was some sense of honor in warfare he had.
    I'm pretty sure the reason civilians were allowed to evacuate Theramore had little to nothing to do with sparing their lives (particularly given that his forces later killed them) and more to do with giving the Alliance time to bring military leaders into Theramore. He gave the Alliance time to amass as many forces there as they could before annihilating the place, dealing as many casualties as possible to the Alliance's military forces. It was a good strategy, and if the civilians were not evacuated, I feel like it would still have happened.

With respect to Teldrassil, it was the hub of Alliance forces after Theramore was destroyed. Everyone going to Kalimdor proper or to Azuremyst passed through there. Destroying it would cripple Alliance logistics between Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, and for that reason alone, I think he would strike at Teldrassil were it to prove a priority. However, I think it would only really be after he had launched an attack on Stormwind, since he had already made plans to do so and seemed focused on taking the Alliance's "seat of power."

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Garrosh goal was to drive every single alliance off Kalimdor and make it the horde bastion so yes, he would completely be ok with killing every single night elf in that tree by nuking them, the rest he would take back to ogrimmar to torture and use as practice dummy. There was no need for Garrosh to capture the civilians of Theramore to torture and kill them but he did. They weren’t randsomed and had no valuable information.Yet you say Garrosh is not in the habit of killing for no reason..
    You have to distinguish between your and his views on manners, he's a hypocrite as i earlier mentioned, he goes on about honor one moment and attacks a ship that accidentally invaded horde waters the next so to speak. So far each act he has done serves a purpose, and the torture is likely no different; whether it is to intimidate survivors, eliminate enemies or gather information only to later find out they knew nothing.

And as i stated at the start of this exchange: i have no doubt that he would burn down that tree if he had reason to. Yet i believe he would do much more "useful" things with it than that, as he has consistently been shown to be opportunistic.

To paraphrase another: he would enslave the populace, release them for ransom if worthwhile, kill them if they're a threat or trouble otherwise. And he'd strip the tree to its roots, ensuring the horde would never want for lumber.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Are we talking pre-MoP Garrosh, or post-MoP butchered Garrosh?

Pre-MoP Garrosh would kill any of his men who would even suggest striking such a soft target full of civilians (See Stonetalon ending).

Post-MoP Garrosh suffered character assassination from his own writers, and would love a good tree burning.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Theramore burned because it was the seat of power supplying the warfighting in at least 4 zones and basically an entire front in the overarching war.

Teldrassil burned because the writing team asspulled a huge dramatic moment to generate a lot of interest for an expansion's introduction... or at least that's how it els since the reasons for the conflict building just don't seem to matter at all and they were still trying to figure out what the hell they were doing when we were gearing up for battle for Dazar'alor.
    Teldrasil would’ve been the first to burn had Garrosh not been stoped in Ashenvale by Varian and the worgens. His goal was to get every single alliance force out of Kalimdor and as many has pointed out, Garrosh doesn’t usually pass up the chance to kill his enemies. He didn’t want trades or treaties as he believed in taking whatever he wanted by force as the first and only option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Any city is a legit military target if you declare war on it's populace I guess. The difference being that the Alliance started the war and used Theramore as their base of operations to invade Horde territory with Jaina commanding their forces.

IDK what the downgrades are that you're talking about, but that city has been used by 2 genocidal monsters to attack the Horde and Garrosh Did Nothing Wrong in defending the Horde from it.
    It’s already established by the devs that Garrosh striked first by launching an attack on ashenvale, theramore and the worgens help defend it then invaded the barrens in a counter attack. By your logic, the alliance did nothing wrong by invading the barrens to ensure the safety of the elves from a genocidal monster. Pretty sure between Varian and Garrosh, only one is considered genocidal.

Theramore city got downgraded to a fort in cataclysm. Mostly military with some civilians instead of a full fledge city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean... he did nuke a city.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-05-16 at 07:14 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He nuked a military city.

Knowing him he would've conquered Teldrassil, used it's lumber to make super catapults and launched night elves into the sea with them. That's what I would do anyways lol.

Of course he would have. In fact, Saurfang would have done the same. Blizzard decided to make Saurfang a suicidal coward in BfA but his kill count still far exceeds Sylvanas and even Garrosh. He killed Draenie babies for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post

It’s already established by the devs that Garrosh striked first by launching an attack on ashenvale.
    that's funny because the war was started before Garrosh became warchief. Jaina even went to Thrall to get him to bend to Varian to prevent war and he refused.

By your logic, the alliance did nothing wrong by invading the barrens to ensure the safety of the elves from a genocidal monster.
    if only that was the first instances of the war, it's not so no lol.

Theramore city got downgraded to a fort in cataclysm. Mostly military with some civilians instead of a full fledge city.
    But by your logic, some retcons is ok so what's the big deal?

Regardless if it was downgraded or not, Theramore has been used by Daelin in an attempt to exterminate the Orcs, putting the Alliance in that city has monsters more than the horde. They were spared. Again the Alliance and use that city in attempt to fight the Horde. At this point, that City state has chosen death and they got what they deserved.

[/QUOTE=MikeBogina;53187332]that's funny because the war was started before Garrosh became warchief. Jaina even went to Thrall to get him to bend to Varian to prevent war and he refused.

if only that was the first instances of the war, it's not so no lol.

But by your logic, some retcons is ok so what's the big deal?

Regardless if it was downgraded or not, Theramore has been used by Daelin in an attempt to exterminate the Orcs, putting the Alliance in that city has monsters more than the horde. They were spared. Again the Alliance and use that city in attempt to fight the Horde. At this point, that City state has chosen death and they got what they deserved.[/QUOTE]

Jaina never went to thrall to ask him to bend to Varian, she did go to him to beg him to remove Garrosh from the throne fearing he would start a war, which he did

And yes it was the first instance of war since Varian and Varrock squelch the notion of war when Dranosh body was discovered. This was immediately followed by Garrosh killing the stranded alliance returning ship sailors then forcing the the troops north of dark shore into a suicide mission to attack and distract the nightelves while he charged into Ashenvale

As for Daelin story, the horde rampaged on Azeroth until they were imprisoned, then when they escaped, they rampaged through the eastern kingdom, killing a bunch of alliance soldiers and sailors the stealing their ships to make their escape, Daelin was sent after them for those crimes, but I guess people forget that part. Yes he was an asshole, but far less of an ass hole then Garrosh as he actually had a reason to hate the orcs. Every chance they have gotten they go on a rampage and start killing.

Make no mistake, I prefer to play horde. I simply don’t try to pretend we are the innocent victims. I like horde because they are badass and the fun evil faction, they are conquerors. The only reason I don’t like Garrosh is because his “My Honor” is a farce as he’s a giant hypocrite and no better then Guldan. At least Guldan knew his actions were evil and was only trying to fool others, Garrosh was fooling others as well as himself and that makes him pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :