Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Out of touch, so out of touch..

Blizz is coming for your hard earned cash

Sadly that is the truth of the whole gaming industry, basically. At a relevant level at least.
    Enjoy it now, that is still not too bad.

I'm guessing this beta invite wave hit everyone that signed up

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'm guessing this beta invite wave hit everyone that signed up
    I signed up and didn't get an invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Muan View Post
    That sucks, by the amount of people online when I logged in the beta earlier I think they sent it to a ton of people

Quote Originally Posted by Muan View Post
    Same
    /10char
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

No invite club here as well.

I just got email... but honestly i preffer now to play other games for these few days left before prepatch...

sounds like grunt work to me.

they try to entice you with "beta invite! come join!" but in reality, they just need you to help them QA/QC their product for free.

it's amazing how many people get suckered in to do what is literally unpaid labor for blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah got one this morning. I don't understand why i keep getting them at the end of the Beta testing. The only thing I could really do at this point is be a body to stress test Hellfire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post

they try to entice you with "beta invite! come join!" but in reality, they just need you to help them QA/QC their product for free.

it's amazing how many people get suckered in to do what is literally unpaid labor for blizzard.
    See if it's worth sticking around for the actual launch.

The invitation e-mail tells you that you should use the bug-reporter tool (F6) to report bugs and that you can give feedback on the official beta-forum.
    I mean Blizzard tells you directly why you are in the Beta.

Edit:
    That the Beta is also used as a marketing tool doesn't change that anyone who gets the invite is told that he is in the Beta to TEST the game.

I got one, i think its prioritising people with a max or close to max level wow classic character. Probably to test just how many characters will not copy over properly to tbc when it goes live. God knows it would be par for the course for "wow classic players find character missing" or something to make the headlines and they want to iron as much of that out as possible.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    NEVER gonna participate. Unless you change the 35$!! CLONING

I am usually all for for helping to make a product better but this...
    Come and help us to test out product which only is relevant for people who will pay for it and is actually 0 content? I mean for 35$ PER CHARACTER they should have hired a team for that. Is just disgusting. When you are testing a game, you can at least play it even if you have to buy it later.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I got one, i think its prioritising people with a max or close to max level wow classic character. Probably to test just how many characters will not copy over properly to tbc when it goes live. God knows it would be par for the course for "wow classic players find character missing" or something to make the headlines and they want to iron as much of that out as possible.
    My highest level in Classic is like 25, so I don't think that's it. It's just random. They always do a huge wave at the very end. I got into SL beta 2 weeks before launch too, so troll.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

15+ Year Old Account
    Got my invite. Zero point of that 1 week before prepatch.

7+ Year Old Account
    got my invite this morning.

huge point to it @Zka server stress testing to make sure it do nt crash when it goes live in a few weeks.

Beta invites this close to launch? Ok...

talk about a waste of an invite i wont bother with it being this close to prepatch servers are gunna be fucked at launch anyways stress test or not

I got one today and sat with 73839383 other people this morning in Hellfire unable to tag anything.

So other than more people for stress test, not that useful out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I got one today and sat with 73839383 other people this morning in Hellfire unable to tag anything.

So other than more people for stress test, not that useful out of the gate.

Uhh 70 templates. Nice to test out classes. The other areas all work perfect no lag.