View Poll Results: Do Tanks Hold Too Much Weight in M+?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

71 52.21%
  • No

65 47.79%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoe View Post
    Well, I usually go boomy form and dps it on fortified because it doesn't really melee all that much. So it's annoying having to go bear and run around. And it's not possible for a boss to be more boring for the tank than the draw soul boss in ToP.
    when i've been tanking xav on my dk i don't even move... i just stand in every aoe... he can't even kill me...

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    when i've been tanking xav on my dk i don't even move... i just stand in every aoe... he can't even kill me...
    I was talking about Kul'tharok, but sure. I'd move Xav to the banner, though.

I was talking about Kul'tharok, but sure. I'd move Xav to the banner, though.
    "and it's not possible for a boss to be more boring for the tank than the draw soul boss in ToP."

xav is more boring... on kul'tharok i can use ams to prevent the parasite... i can use amz to help out with damage reduction... on xav? all i can do is damage him and keep my bone shield up and death strike and he can't even kill me unlike kul'tharok... he hits too hard for him to kill my dk... on kul'tharok he can kill me because i can't keep healing myself so easily as i do on xav... xav does his brutal combo? 2 death strikes... back to full hp... kul'tharok? he doesn't deal his damage like that and it's harder to deal with it...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-05-19 at 10:40 AM.

Well, I usually go boomy form and dps it on fortified because it doesn't really melee all that much. So it's annoying having to go bear and run around. And it's not possible for a boss to be more boring for the tank than the draw soul boss in ToP.
    Well, at least that boss does damage to you or your party members. HoA boss is literally target dummy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    I am talking from 20+ keys perspective. There is no other boss in SL which would be so easy and insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I am talking from 20+ keys perspective. There is no other boss in SL which would be so easy and insignificant.
    i checked it on wowhead damage calculator... i could still do that in a +20 key on my dk lol... on +22 deafening crash would instantly kill me provided i have no damage reduction... if i survive a big hit i can heal it...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-05-19 at 12:31 PM.

Mm, I think healers have the hardest and most important role in the high end of content, but sure I can agree that it sucks when the tank goes slower than they need to or takes a weird route. It's also more immediately noticeable than an under-performing healer.