Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

There's no room for PoE-like games

I don't think there is room PoE-like games (hack and slash). Chaosbane wasn't that succesful and D3 was also fail. Can't see how D4 is going to success.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I don't think there is room PoE-like games (hack and slash). Chaosbane wasn't that succesful and D3 was also fail. Can't see how D4 is going to success.
    I think there is room for PoE-like games.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    I think there is room for PoE-like games.
    How? Many have tried but failed.

Probably because Diablo is in the name? Wolcen, despite its failures for many reasons, also proves there's still a huge market for them. It had a ton of good things about it. PoE's continued success proves it as well. Grim Dawn is also an example.

That isn't a 'PoE-like games' problem, it's a "This ARPG is garbage" problem. Regardless of what flaws D4 will have, it will still be a great game. It'll certainly never live up to any person who has ever played D2's ridiculous standards, of course.

Chaosbane was fucking garbage compared to something like Wolcen, for example. It was garbage in general.
    Last edited by La; 2020-05-10 at 02:43 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

I guess it's good that its Blizzards bucks that are on the line and not yours. Didn't D3 sell a ridiculous amount of copies, and sure it got off to a rough start, but they did actually fix and improve the game. The Diablo fan base seems quite large, and quite hungry for a new game.

PoE is so far away from all other competitors, there is no chance for anybody to take it's place in the foreseeable future. But there are always small niches out there. If we speculate about, for example, D4, I think Blizzard will make it simple and flashy to attract casual auditory (PoE is pretty heavy and hardcore for them). People will play it and move on to other stuff. Hardcore isometric hack and slash auditory will try D4, play for a while and move back to PoE. Repeat with another game later. Things may drastically change if GGG somehow fuck up their game really hard, but I hope they won't. Maybe the opposite will happen, new, strong competitors may push GGG to add some forbidden things in the game...like...more qol, please?..
    Last edited by Pury; 2020-05-10 at 02:53 PM.

Just gimme d2 remastered in 4K 60 fps

Lel, D3 is one of the most successful games of all times, and the combat is a lot better than in POE.

Diablo will sell because of its name alone. Diablo 3 had a lot of issues at the start but it didn't stop it from being one of the most sold games.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Just gimme d2 remastered in 4K 60 fps
    You be careful what you wish for pal, they may flop on the graphics and make the original unplayable and never implement clans or ladders again

Nah, I guess that would never happen to a company like Blizzard

/s
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

People sure love saying that D3 was a failure. It might not have been for you, but it was a massive success for every reason that matters to a gaming company.

Only for Blizzard it was success and the main reason being D3 name, it sold a lot. For every other party, it was a failure, especially if you compare it to PoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell calls hack'n'slash "poe-like"?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm normally not that big on graphics/performance but it is a dealbreaker for me in PoE. Combat feels very clunky compared to the smooth experience of D3 (and PoE is a pain to get into to begin with, it's just so complex). It's a shame really, PoE is probably the best game I never really got into.

I think there's room for a game that has that smooth combat flow but it will need depth behind that gameplay or it will die quick.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I like Diablo 3 a lot, after RoS expansion, enjoyed it greatly. But don't lie to yourself about it being a success. If it was a success, it won't be abandoned after first expansion, while much, much smaller company releases new content for PoE every several months. It is obvious, which game does better. It doesn't mean D3 was a failure or bad, but it was not as good as Blizz hoped, that's for sure. Same thing will happen with D4. Good, casual game with nice, fluid graphic and animations. Great thing to enjoy until Blizz put it into vegetable mode, just like D3 is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    POE would be amazing and I would totally play it all the time, if it wasn't for the the retarded trade and league mechanics.
    Can't comment about Diablo IV, as we don't exactly have a lot of information about the meta.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

When you are such a fan boi you call hack n slash PoE-like rather than Diablo-like when we both know what should be said.

I'm quite certain everyone who liked D3 and Blizzard Them selves see the game as a success.

Especially since it had more than 2 million active players year after release when it was "trash".

Quite certain poe in total is smaller, but currently a bit bigger.
    Last edited by Askyl; 2020-05-10 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like some elements of PoE but but other things that frustrate me that keep me away from it, I don't consider Diablo 3 a failure, not what the fanbase wanted or expected(Hype again you doublesided devil).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yeah beacuse there totally was a room for a MMO back in the days.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

D3 sold a ton of copies fast, and yes it had issues on launch but they course-corrected and it became an amazing game. I guess if you wanted PVP it sucked but for me and it seems others that didn't matter. D3 > PofE but that is strictly my opinion of course. From what little I played of D4 at con it seems fun and good combat which is what matters the most. I don't want/need overly complicated stats and specs, i just want a good fast ARPG with smooth combat.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22