Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    @Nero Duskwind

For the life of me I don't understand who this angle pleases. There must be at least one person on this forum who'll argue in favor of turning the Sylvanas of the last twenty years into a dupe incapable of making her own choices, who's also not responsible for her actions so the people who want to kill her don't get any satisfaction out of it either. If you're out there, please, explain. What is the appeal? The resulting character with zero culpability or involvement in anything up to this point would be Halduron with tits, and I dare you to even tell me who that is without looking it up. I dare you to give me one character trait of his even after looking him up.
    Well he flat out told you to commit genocide in MoP and he tortured Zul'jin. Otherwise he is a goody two shoes ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Apparently it goes beyond foreshadowing now. Judging by posts in this thread it's been confirmed today in an interview that Sylvanas' soul was split. Now queue in Blanduin playing a part in this grand revelation and saving Sylvanas' goodness.
    fuck
    I love that artwork, but for me Sylvanas is dead since BFA, i don't want any 'fix' for her, i tolerated her long enough
    I liked Sylv when her life goal was fuck lich king at any cost, then in cata she decided to live for her ppl, then Danasur came and wanted to fantasize about a goth chick with big tits and shoved himself in Nathanos (who had no personality let's be honest prior to Danasur work), and now i just hate the idea of sylvanas still in wow
    Sylv wow version show how activision fuck blizzard imo, she is a char from wc3, yet probably the char i hate the most for how crap they wrote her, at least when Jaina was evil i hate how ignorant she was, but she had a long established lore to backup how she transformed to 'i hate orcs' dreadlord phase, sylvannas on other hand is one if not only char who has a different personality every exp, sometimes in same exp change too
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit.

Its never said it whose spirit gets scarred.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    yup, can easily see this "good" sylvanus walking down in a beam of light, Tyrande going up to her and saying "I forgive you" while the entire genocide is handwaved away
    it's so cringy to the point it's funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Now watch Blizzard replace the Evil Sylvanas with the Good Sylvanas then proceed to feature the Good Sylvanas for the next 3 or so expansions as a main character.

Meanwhile Alleria will keep eating dust in the corner, because Blizzard can't be bothered to touch her. Let's not even mention Magister Umbric.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well he flat out told you to commit genocide in MoP and he tortured Zul'jin. Otherwise he is a goody two shoes ;P
    The first part I entirely forgot and is pretty cool, if off-base for Mr. "Valeera is our friend, come on in". The second part I don't remember at all. Wasn't it some random ranger dude who did it or has it been confirmed to be Halduron?
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The redemption train has no brakes now. Danuser will have his waifu not be responsible for anything bad she did come hell or high water. Never mind that trying to make a story about pre-death Sylvanas sounds about as interesting and relevant to a character that's been there for 20 years as trying to make a story about the wholesome kid Magneto was before being sent to the death camp.

Albeit it would be funny if we kill Bad Sylvanas, which produces the soul of Good Sylvanas, and somebody just says "bitch please, not this again" and crushes it as well. But at this point I'm 90% certain we get a redemption story to rival Kerrigan's in sheer terrible.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The first part I entirely forgot and is pretty cool, if off-base for Mr. "Valeera is our friend, come on in". The second part I don't remember at all. Wasn't it some random ranger dude who did it or has it been confirmed to be Halduron?
    Halduron was in charge of the group that had him and overlooked the torture, Liadrin was all about putting him out of his misery.

It is the typical blood elf pragmatism, he knows it is wrong but is still willing to do it. With Liadrin shoved into the forefront these little things are often overlooked, but belves still had their ruthless streak from time to time.

Though with the modern blizz approach to actually preach morality, these traits will be buried in obscurity.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2021-05-12 at 08:45 PM.

I don't mind saving the noble half of Sylvannas, as long as the part that committed genocide gets obliterated or condemned to the maw for eternity/
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    ojojojojojojoj as Russias would like to say.
    Is that anything like the portugese JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA?
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I don't mind saving the noble half of Sylvannas, as long as the part that committed genocide gets obliterated or condemned to the maw for eternity/
    Give them both oblivion, a fractured soul is in constant torment anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    Is that anything like the portugese JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA?
    Something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

If Simpnuser had balls, he'd make it so the Sylvanas we saw all along was the GOOD Sylvanas, that would be an excellent plot twist.

If he had balls, obviously.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Where's the justice for the Night Elves?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Ha!
    Justice for night elves.

Nice one, you should become a comedian.

Formerly known as Arafal

Getting to apologize to Sylvanas for judging her too harshly while not knowing all the relevant circumstances will be their justice. I can already see the now de-fanged Tyrande doing just that, to focus on "healing".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

They were doomed the moment they got tied to humanity.

Imagine redeeming someone who committed genocide and started a world war, just #BlizzardThings.

Then again, these are the same hacks who redeemed Grommash (started a world war, attempted to commit genocide) then had the guts to frame the victim (Yrel) as the villain while the abuser (Grommash) got away scots-free and had a hero's death.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    What's the point though. You might as well make the big emotional scene at the end be that we see Kael'thas' father get accepted into Bastion or whatever. It means absolutely nothing to the player currently. From a writing perspective it's just taking a random soul and redeeming it for something it didn't have anything to do with, and which furthermore has not been relevant to the story for decades.

And as had been mentioned, it's detrimental to the story as a whole. Every person killed by Frostmourne is now potentially s split personality, which in turn means most of the important death knights we know are not technically who we think they are. And while this is a plotline that could be interesting it has not been foreshadowed nearly enough to ever be relevant enough to warrant inclusion into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Imagine redeeming someone who committed genocide and started a world war, just #BlizzardThings.

Then again, these are the same hacks who redeemed Grommash (started a world war, attempted to commit genocide) then had the guts to frame the victim (Yrel) as the villain while the abuser (Grommash) got away scots-free and had a hero's death.
    Trek at least had the benefit of a timeskip where you could fill in theory fill in the blanks of a proper villainous turn.
    For Sylvanas there is no such thing. Her actions didn't just happen a few years ago like Teldrassil, they are technically still ongoing given the people likely currently under assault by feral Scourge.
    The world revamp dream will never die!