View Poll Results: Would you want Dual spec added in Classic TBC?

Voters
199. This poll is closed
  • Yes

138 69.35%
  • No

61 30.65%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Yes, pls yes and only yes.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    No and even tho it is convenient, it is one of many of the death by thousand cuts that WoW has received. Specs no longer having unique identities, class homogenization, etc

I know it’s inconvenient but it’s meant to replicate an era of more permanence to choices
    of all the bad design choices the devs made....saving you time to run to a trainer and back is surely not one of them lol,this has literaly nothing to do with spec uniqueness,identity or homogenization,all that is still intact with dual spec

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    would love it, but #somechanges apparently meant ingame store ...
    This is what is the worst. Adding seal changes and drum changes is like giving a toy to kid and adding a store is like cutting a damn leg off. Gee, thanks I guess!
    I mean I must apologize to all the #nochanges guys who didn't want changes not because it was bad, but because of not trusting blizzard. They were right.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    people already switched specs when needed anyways,this change would simply be a QoL change as to not have to run back to a trainer to swap
    I disagree but whatever, it won't happen, at least in the initial iteration of it.

It's one thing to be able to run and switch spec for that brick wall boss and another and another to be able to switch on the go. The optimization train will make sure that if available on the fly it will be required.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    of all the bad design choices the devs made....saving you time to run to a trainer and back is surely not one of them lol,this has literaly nothing to do with spec uniqueness,identity or homogenization,all that is still intact with dual spec
    No. No it doesn’t stay intact with dual spec. You become your class, not your spec. You are no longer a holy priest, you are a priest that can dip into holy and disc.

From a gameplay perspective, sure it’s easier and more convenient, but from an rpg perspective it’s immersion breaking and more Diablo 3 than everquest.

Put it like this... you’re playing a dungeons and dragons campaign when you decide your lvl 9 wizard has decided to become a warrior, a psychic, necromancer, etc.... how easy should that be?

Dual spec is one reason why today, specs are absolutely without identity and you’re expected to swap on the fly regularly for diff situations. That’s not good rpg design

No. No it doesn’t stay intact with dual spec. You become your class, not your spec. You are no longer a holy priest, you are a priest that can dip into holy and disc.

From a gameplay perspective, sure it’s easier and more convenient, but from an rpg perspective it’s immersion breaking and more Diablo 3 than everquest.

Put it like this... you’re playing a dungeons and dragons campaign when you decide your lvl 9 wizard has decided to become a warrior, a psychic, necromancer, etc.... how easy should that be?

Dual spec is one reason why today, specs are absolutely without identity and you’re expected to swap on the fly regularly for diff situations. That’s not good rpg design
    That’s weird, I could have sworn I chose “Hunter” at the character creation screen. I don’t think I chose “Beast Mastery Hunter”.

Secondly, why does anyone think hearthing to a trainer and tossing 50g into the nether is immersive?

And your example is the equivalent of changing class, not spec.

Edit:

I agree though that the retail talent system isn't great, but I think I am more connected with off-specs in retail than in Classic, because it's just not worth multiple iterations of 50g dumps to play around with different specs/trees... so, I just don't. Haven't touched deep BM since level 50, SV since I finished PvP'ing. On retail, I'd swapped between BM and MM almost daily with multiple changes of talents in between based on the content I was doing.
    Last edited by Prag; 2021-05-13 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes because TBC needs all the help it can get.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

3+ Year Old Account
    Birmingham I know you read this forum, please listen to your community and clients.

Regularly expected? Where? Most people play one spec. in retail even on high end. I don't jump into holy or ret spec. regularly and I raid and do m+, I do that when I need to kill something quick or when my mate wants to tank. I know some people who do that because they like it, but certainly it's not something what everyone expect them to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    This is what is the worst. Adding seal changes and drum changes is like giving a toy to kid and adding a store is like cutting a damn leg off. Gee, thanks I guess!
    I mean I must apologize to all the #nochanges guys who didn't want changes not because it was bad, but because of not trusting blizzard. They were right.
    ye, but it went from taking a drink to doing coke

10+ Year Old Account
    Regularly expected? Where? Most people play one spec. in retail even on high end. I don't jump into holy or ret spec. regularly and I raid and do m+, I do that when I need to kill something quick or when my mate wants to tank. I know some people who do that because they like it, but certainly it's not something what everyone expect them to do.
    Retail isn't TBC. If you play a Paladin in TBC then you're going to have a bad time without a good source of gold. Prot Paladins do have the ability to make gold easier than most other specs minus AOE Frost Mages. TBC is hard, like really hard. Probably the hardest expansion of them all. Most people don't want to do Heroics with a Ret Paladin or an Enhancement Shaman because they need to clear dungeons fast and gear up. You need at least one Mage or Hunter for CC, and the more CC the easier it gets to do Heroics.

The good news is that Ret Paladins and Enhancement Shaman are wanted in raids because of the utility they bring. The bad news is that most raids want the Ret Paladin to spec into improved lay on hands because it's over powered and screw your mana. If you're Seal twisting then say good bye to your mana.

It's not but the WoW community is crap. They don't care you wanna play Ret or Enhance, they need a healer or a tank. Bob the Warrior is now ARMs spec and he doesn't want to tank anymore in TBC, and Steve doesn't want to play Holy and wants to play Shadow. They don't want you in their dungeons because none of these specs have CC, so go spec Prot mkay?

Gearing up quickly is the only way an Enhance or Ret has a chance in raids, so specing Prot or Holy to quickly do dungeons is OK with me. Once I have my Deep Thunder I'm staying Ret.

No and even tho it is convenient, it is one of many of the death by thousand cuts that WoW has received. Specs no longer having unique identities
    How does making respecing easier give the specs more identity? The identity comes from different spells, buffs and niches the spec excels at.

If you are saying that spec identity is lost because a hunter is now all specs instead of just survival than I have some bad news for you. Good players play all specs if needed. Only lazy and bad players never respec.

I already see a stupid comment coming so here is a clarification: Yes you can get the most out of your character in BC by only using the best spec. But sometimes you need a different buff or role to make your raid better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Retail isn't TBC. If you play a Paladin in TBC then you're going to have a bad time without a good source of gold. Prot Paladins do have the ability to make gold easier than most other specs minus AOE Frost Mages. TBC is hard, like really hard. Probably the hardest expansion of them all. Most people don't want to do Heroics with a Ret Paladin or an Enhancement Shaman because they need to clear dungeons fast and gear up. You need at least one Mage or Hunter for CC, and the more CC the easier it gets to do Heroics.
    The guy said "currently expected" so currently means retail as TBC is not out yet.
    TBC is not that hard and you will see how not hard it is.

again,runing back to a trainer...whats stoping you?just a bit of extra time

honestly, yes. but i wouldnt mind if they didnt.

This is literally the only change I wanted for TBC Classic, but I am not surprised that it's not coming (yet). Having seen what they are doing with the game though, I am not sure I would trust them to implement it in a way that serves a purpose (ie a QoL change wanted by the majority of the playerbase). Having said that, I can definitely see Blizzard bringing it further down the line if the think that the player engagement drops below whatever threshold they set.

Id rather not have every raid geared warlock running sl sl and being invincible 24/7 in open world.

Id like if there were templates you had to purchase and could swap too more easily (similar to gear sets) but on the fly swaps for free will just create optimization beyond what was in the nature of original bc

Just implement the first iteration of dual spec from WOtLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy said "currently expected" so currently means retail as TBC is not out yet.
    TBC is not that hard and you will see how not hard it is.
    I played on private servers and they tend to over tune everything to keep people from progressing, so you maybe right. I'd love to be able to stay Ret and not be bothered to respec Holy or Prot, but people are usually jerks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc why not. Dont shit me over #nochanges. We got boost in shop for TBC.