Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Policy Update for Input Broadcasting - May 2021

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    On November 3, 2020, we posted an update to our policy for input broadcasting software, and soon thereafter, we began taking action against accounts found to be using third party software to automatically mirror keystrokes to multiple game clients. We find that, like full automation of play, multiple-account mirroring disturbs the gameplay experience for the vast majority of players who control a single account at a time.

We will now additionally prohibit the use of all software and hardware mechanisms to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multi-boxing in any way. Players found to be in violation of this policy are subject to account actions. These actions can include warnings, account suspensions and, if necessary, permanent closure of the player’s World of Warcraft account(s), as activities which effectively replicate automated gameplay are contrary to the terms and conditions of the Blizzard End-User License Agreement (EULA).

We urge all players to cease using any means of mirroring gameplay across multiple WoW accounts immediately, in order to maintain uninterrupted access to World of Warcraft.

And Here We Go
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

15+ Year Old Account
    There goes another 29% of players. Joking aside this is a good change though I do think there are some non-harmful multi-account players that will get caught up in the change. I still wonder if they are trying to target mass controlled bots or warden detection if they even still use warden.

Determined people will still get around it.

And at the same time, I wish they would revert.... herb prices are far too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    On November 3, 2020, we posted an update to our policy for input broadcasting software, and soon thereafter, we began taking action against accounts found to be using third party software to automatically mirror keystrokes to multiple game clients. We find that, like full automation of play, multiple-account mirroring disturbs the gameplay experience for the vast majority of players who control a single account at a time.

We will now additionally prohibit the use of all software and hardware mechanisms to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multi-boxing in any way. Players found to be in violation of this policy are subject to account actions. These actions can include warnings, account suspensions and, if necessary, permanent closure of the player’s World of Warcraft account(s), as activities which effectively replicate automated gameplay are contrary to the terms and conditions of the Blizzard End-User License Agreement (EULA).

We urge all players to cease using any means of mirroring gameplay across multiple WoW accounts immediately, in order to maintain uninterrupted access to World of Warcraft.
    Finally, an unambiguous end to multiboxxers.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Just hire 5-10 GMs per region to hunt these fuckers down and whack them.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Finally, an unambiguous end to multiboxxers.
    Not really, there's still a few people out there who just alt tab multibox farm.

I could never do it personally, but it still would be a massive amount of gold income.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh......

Well thats interesting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well it's been a long road lol.

Whoever made the original decision and now this decision has the biggest cock in the room.

What a hero

As long as my pleb ass can have 2 accounts on at the same time and use a macro for /follow in old raid content, I'm good.

Not for farming gold mind you, just personal transmog... Although now I remember that shit was killed off with the level squish, so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    As long as my pleb ass can have 2 accounts on at the same time and use a macro for /follow in old raid content, I'm good.

Not for farming gold mind you, just personal transmog.
    You could do that with 5 accounts even or 25!

Ironically, wow is the least efficient game to multi-box in and the amount of bitching on the battlenet and mmochamp forums for such an incredibly niche problem was hilarious.

Doesn't affect me, but sad to see it go. Bitchers finally won lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

Not for farming gold mind you, just personal transmog... Although now I remember that shit was killed off with the level squish, so meh.
    That's still allowed from what I can see right now so you'll be fine.

wow finally only other fix they could make is that druids cant herb in travel form but that would hurt way more innocent druids than botting druids.

and up go herb prices again.....

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Ironically, wow is the least efficient game to multi-box in and the amount of bitching on the battlenet and mmochamp forums for such an incredibly niche problem was hilarious.

Doesn't affect me, but sad to see it go. Bitchers finally won lol.
    There is alot of farming that can be done faster/ more efficient due to multiboxxing. Also Multiboxxing is quite OP in PvP in classic.

Finally Blizzard made the move. The problem might look multiboxing or grinding gold with more efficient ways but they miss the real problem. People who buys and sells GOLD! You prevent them selling/buying, problem will be solved.
    Last edited by MrFrag; 2021-05-05 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Need to bolder my point.

Looks like I will be unsubscribing my 6 accounts. Sucks but it is what it is, all I enjoyed doing was questing and dungeon content solo. Atleast Biden bucks paid for the 3 computers

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    wow finally only other fix they could make is that druids cant herb in travel form but that would hurt way more innocent druids than botting druids.

and up go herb prices again.....
    Yup the prices went up as expected when they did this because people who don’t farm thought it would lower prices but they don’t know how money works. Also this thread still had the geniuses who still think bots are multiboxers. Well after reading all the negativity I’m so glad blizzard upset me back in nov to quit. Shadowlands hasn’t been kind to players

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    Yup the prices went up as expected when they did this because people who don’t farm thought it would lower prices but they don’t know how money works. Also this thread still had the geniuses who still think bots are multiboxers. Well after reading all the negativity I’m so glad blizzard upset me back in nov to quit. Shadowlands hasn’t been kind to players
    Nah, people exaggerate.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi