Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    It's been a while, but I also seem to recall getting a vast majority of my VP from raiding itself. So at most, you were doing a couple 5-10 min scenarios a week.

There was nothing remotely as mandatory in MoP as Torghast is in SL, or Ve'nari, or Renown chores. And SL is extremely light on chores compared to Legion/BFA, which had a ludicrous amount of busywork bullshit to do for raiders.
    The legendary was mandatory in mop. It was a poor design because on your main you mostly got it as a product of playing, but if you started a new character you had to spend months grinding obsolete content.

The whole “grind obsolete content” thing is the biggest issue for me when it comes to borrowed power systems, and bfa was devastatingly full of it. Hopefully shadowlands is better on that front.
    Every single wow player should always try to make their own groups. Then you'd just have thousands of groups in group finder, without a single applicant.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    The legendary was mandatory in mop. It was a poor design because on your main you mostly got it as a product of playing, but if you started a new character you had to spend months grinding obsolete content.

The whole “grind obsolete content” thing is the biggest issue for me when it comes to borrowed power systems, and bfa was devastatingly full of it. Hopefully shadowlands is better on that front.
    As someone who had 11 legendary cloaks in MoP... the grind was just doing some LFR weekly with each character....

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    As someone who had 11 legendary cloaks in MoP... the grind was just doing some LFR weekly with each character....
    Yup. And it was miserable. If you started a char during the last patch, the process of getting the legendary cloak lagged massively behind the rest of your character progression so you ended up time gated doing LFR raids that you outgeared by 50 item levels, week after week for 2-3 months. Awful. Horrendous game design.
    Every single wow player should always try to make their own groups. Then you'd just have thousands of groups in group finder, without a single applicant.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Whenever I'm doing WQs for callings I see multiple people also doing them at the same time.

All the open world mounts/pets I'm currently farming have multiple 20+ man raids being gathered every day.

So "yes, really: lol", world content is just fine. Don't mistake "I can't be bothered to do this" with "no one likes this".
    The fact that people are doing it doesn't mean it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Think we will ever get it again?

No alternative power systems... not gimmick content like wf,visions, torghast, and isles...

Just dungeon and raids the wonderful bread and butter of wow...

Will we ever see it again?
    When did we see that, besides maybe WoD?