Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well we continue with the original theme.
    BFA proved the Horde as evil.
    The Leaders of the Horde act in a way that is not opposed to the players. Revlandoza for things that the Players do not care about and letting go of things that were a cause for revelry as if they were good.
    Blizzard has yet to correct all of that for the Horde.

The Horde is now the "greatest enemy" to be allied against.
    Blizzard has to correct that for the Alliance.

for me, here is why i hate this ending. there is a concept called akums razor. don't introduce that which doesn't need to.

what was introduced with the night warrior?
    1. an increased power level
    2. increasingly blinding fury
    3. self-destruction
    4. a night elf leader taking the fate of their people back into their hands
    5. tyrande getting revenge on sylvanas
    6. potentially a new class or race/class combo (possibly paladin nelfs)

what happened with what was introduced?
    1. tyrande was defeated by an archer and two valkyr while being aided by the most powerful druid in the world which could single-handedly destroy cities. so the power level increase was pointless.
    2. she did get madder and madder and it really served no purpose beyond it getting cleansed so... yay?
    3. avoided self-destruction. hopefully we at least tyrande come close to a varian style implosion in the cinematic.
    4. tyrande ends up doing jack all with the power. she kills one valkyr and nathanos. and nathanos really just went back to the maw and was completely forgotten about. so again, pointless.
    5. tyrande isn't even there when we fight sylvanas, so that's a no.
    6. tyrande loses the power completely and is freed from the "curse" and thus nothing in terms of a new class or race/class combo.

the night warrior plot point only filled one of the 6 things it setup. and it isn't that hard to just say "ooh, girl mad, she kill". it was literally introduced to do nothing.

edit: and this is from a horde main perspective. horde since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    As a recap for those who haven't read the PTR spoilers: After accomplishing zilch, doing nothing against any Horde NPC outside of the bounds of the war vs Sylvanas or doing more than calling Anduin names (and not very rude names either) Tyrande jobs one last time to Sylvanas. Then she accepts love and peace, ridding herself of the terrible cosmic power that allowed her to have positions more moderate than ones she had in WC3 and gave her the ability to kill a guy she should've easily run over anyway:

As predictable as it is bad.
    She is not rid of the power.. She now has control over it thanks to Elune's help

When I first became the Night Warrior, it was with full knowledge that I might very well sacrifice my life to attain justice for the kaldorei. Such is often the fate of those who channel Elune's unmitigated fury. The power of the goddess still flows through me, but no longer does it threaten to tear me asunder. I cannot say how I will wield it in the future... only that I must do so for the good of my people.
    So they didn't nerf her, she's now another super extra powerful female lead figure, with the power of both sides of the moon on her side... joining the ranks of Sylvannas and Jaina.

but to what purpose? as you said, it all seems pointless, she was only after her people, she saves them, end of story. Not as disappointng as her arcs tend to be, but it's still meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    for me, here is why i hate this ending. there is a concept called akums razor. don't introduce that which doesn't need to.

what was introduced with the night warrior?
    1. an increased power level
    2. increasingly blinding fury
    3. self-destruction
    4. a night elf leader taking the fate of their people back into their hands
    5. tyrande getting revenge on sylvanas
    6. potentially a new class or race/class combo (possibly paladin nelfs)

what happened with what was introduced?
    1. tyrande was defeated by an archer and two valkyr while being aided by the most powerful druid in the world which could single-handedly destroy cities. so the power level increase was pointless.
    2. she did get madder and madder and it really served no purpose beyond it getting cleansed so... yay?
    3. avoided self-destruction. hopefully we at least tyrande come close to a varian style implosion in the cinematic.
    4. tyrande ends up doing jack all with the power. she kills one valkyr and nathanos. and nathanos really just went back to the maw and was completely forgotten about. so again, pointless.
    5. tyrande isn't even there when we fight sylvanas, so that's a no.
    6. tyrande loses the power completely and is freed from the "curse" and thus nothing in terms of a new class or race/class combo.

the night warrior plot point only filled one of the 6 things it setup. and it isn't that hard to just say "ooh, girl mad, she kill". it was literally introduced to do nothing.

edit: and this is from a horde main perspective. horde since 2008.
    Spoto n, except for hte last part, she doens't lose the power.. she controls it now.

When I first became the Night Warrior, it was with full knowledge that I might very well sacrifice my life to attain justice for the kaldorei. Such is often the fate of those who channel Elune's unmitigated fury. The power of the goddess still flows through me, but no longer does it threaten to tear me asunder. I cannot say how I will wield it in the future... only that I must do so for the good of my people.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    She is not rid of the power.. She now has control over it thanks to Elune's help

So they didn't nerf her, she's now another super extra powerful female lead figure, with the power of both sides of the moon on her side... joining the ranks of Sylvannas and Jaina.

but to what purpose? as you said, it all seems pointless, she was only after her people, she saves them, end of story. Not as disappointng as her arcs tend to be, but it's still meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoto n, except for hte last part, she doens't lose the power.. she controls it now.
    do TLDR they basically made everything that was interesting about the scenario pointless and turned it into a generic power boost that is not going to matter beyond a cudgel to reference that they will totally never use.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    do TLDR they basically made everything that was interesting about the scenario pointless and turned it into a generic power boost that is not going to matter beyond a cudgel to reference that they will totally never use.
    Maybe another hunter would go rogue, then we can call TreeTeam to lose a fight against him.

Malfurion going on a rampage would be far more terrifying than this half second emo kid “night warrior”. Let the alliance have the powers they’re able to have. Ugh.

What a stupid "power up" this was, she did nothing with it other than killing a single valkyr and scream a lot. Only made Tyrande look like a chump if thats all she can do with power so strong that kills anyone that uses it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    As a recap for those who haven't read the PTR spoilers: After accomplishing zilch, doing nothing against any Horde NPC outside of the bounds of the war vs Sylvanas or doing more than calling Anduin names (and not very rude names either) Tyrande jobs one last time to Sylvanas. Then she accepts love and peace, ridding herself of the terrible cosmic power that allowed her to have positions more moderate than ones she had in WC3 and gave her the ability to kill a guy she should've easily run over anyway:

As predictable as it is bad.
    did people, honestly, expect anything different? like, after all those pointless/bad plot points, people expect anything different?

it was either this or villain bat, and we know alliance leaders can't get villain treatment or die, thickest plot armor

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    did people, honestly, expect anything different? like, after all those pointless/bad plot points, people expect anything different?

it was either this or villain bat, and we know alliance leaders can't get villain treatment or die, thickest plot armor
    "Plot armor" of being cucked endlessly and basically reduced to a wimp being given swirles in the toiler?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    "Plot armor" of being cucked endlessly and basically reduced to a wimp being given swirles in the toiler?
    do you prefer getting that AND then get killed?

do you prefer getting that AND then get killed?
    Garrosh wasnt cucked, he died firm in his principles. Sylvanas is not cucked, she literally waterboarded Alliance and flipped off the Horde and now crusies towards Kerrigan ending aka becoming our “saviour”.

7+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh wasnt cucked, he died firm in his principles. Sylvanas is not cucked, she literally waterboarded Alliance and flipped off the Horde and now crusies towards Kerrigan ending aka becoming our “saviour”.
    i don't want to enter in this rabbit hole of names, but Garry had one of the worst downfalls, from everyone saying he was supposed to be the best warchief in all timelines to get villain bait to appease the alliance fanbase. Then got cheated and killed in a pointless mak'gora, and i don't know how your point towards sylvanas is any good, people in the horde too want her dead and gone.

But again, compare how many leaders horde lost, how many expansions an alliance race stayed leaderless, not even a fair comparison

i don't want to enter in this rabbit hole of names, but Garry had one of the worst downfalls, from everyone saying he was supposed to be the best warchief in all timelines to get villain bait to appease the alliance fanbase. Then got cheated and killed in a pointless mak'gora, and i don't know how your point towards sylvanas is any good, people in the horde too want her dead and gone.

But again, compare how many leaders horde lost, how many expansions an alliance race stayed leaderless, not even a fair comparison
    Alliance races might as well be leaderless because their leaders never do anything, Worfed every second expansion and exist to look like moronic goodie two shoes in every faction conflict.

Lets put it this way. Is it better to have no car or an old, rusty, broken, partially burnt down car that takes more money to keep it running then it makes you and risks breaking in the middle of the road?

7+ Year Old Account
    Alliance races might as well be leaderless because their leaders never do anything, Worfed every second expansion and exist to look like moronic goodie two shoes in every faction conflict.
    you speak like all horde leaders just appear everytime doing everything, the meme of lorthe'who is a clearly example of horde eladers being as much proeminent as alliance ones, and there is no leader more mornoic than Baine, this is a bad attempt to dodge the point i made.

Alliance leaders are there, alive and consistent trough the years, their leadership and thematic as well, Horde is in the dumpster after Garrosh, their leaders die left and right, they can't even get new ones to replace the lost ones their thematic and lore is being damaged because blizzard don't know how to handle then and they are stuck with a garbage council that is just pointless and make no difference.

By example, did the night elves lost anything other than nameless civilians? no, both of their leaders are there, the night elf thematic is intact, they can rebuild. Forsaken lost sylvanas, they barely have a leader, and blizzard is trying to force down their throats a lightforged human changing their thematic, instead of doing the obvious and putting a forsaken to lead then

Lets put it this way. Is it better to have no car or an old, rusty, broken, partially burnt down car that takes more money to keep it running then it makes you and risks breaking in the middle of the road?
    that is not a good comparison, at all

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Idk what happens with Tyrande on the PTR, but...

An Interesting thing about the Night Elf society/culture is that they have spent the last 10,000 years until Warcraft 3 NOT rebuilding. Afraid of attracting the Legion back and another Sundering, they purposefully evolved into a primal level culture with the intention of never becoming a vast empire again. They don't really rebuild as much as survive now. Teldrassil was probably the biggest attempt at "rebuilding" for them, and even that was more about restoring immortality than establishing a new Capital like the Orcs did with Orgrimmar.

If Night Elves truly wanted to rebuild the society they once had it would have meant returning to the last shining symbol of that society, Suramar. Restoring Night Elves and Nightborne as one people, as the Kaldorei. Embracing the older ways that were preserved in that city, rather than clinging to the current "survival in hiding" mindest. They no longer need to fear the return of the Legion, the Old Gods, or the corruption that once destroyed them.
    Yeah Tyrande already shit on that bridge, and then burned it

3+ Year Old Account
    on the other side it's high time to make Alliance bad
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

The Night Warrior was a sad joke from the moment it "allowed" her to fry a dozen Forsaken mooks and kill a 10% hp Nathanos- things normal Tyrande should be able to do with her hands tied behind her back. Oh yeah, and she killed some random Val'kyr, the same slightly elite mooks the PC mowed down back in Wrath, and the playerbase had to complain so that the same Nathanos wasn't making a mockery of her while she was doing it.

It's pretty clear Blizzard never had any actual intention towards making her an actual powerhouse that actually does things and actually influences the story. That's reserved for Horde characters that become villains. Tyrande's a Night Elf, her job is to be a punching bag that's sometimes sad about being a punching bag.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

What a complete waste of time that entire storyline was. Tyrande gets mad, gets all spooky for a bit and then gets over it the moment anything happens.

I swear to god, I wish WoW would just hire some actual writers. This story is so disjointed and bizarre, things start and stop with either way too much or way too little fanfare and things are dropped before even being explored.

you speak like all horde leaders just appear everytime doing everything, the meme of lorthe'who is a clearly example of horde eladers being as much proeminent as alliance ones, and there is no leader more mornoic than Baine, this is a bad attempt to dodge the point i made.

Alliance leaders are there, alive and consistent trough the years, their leadership and thematic as well, Horde is in the dumpster after Garrosh, their leaders die left and right, they can't even get new ones to replace the lost ones their thematic and lore is being damaged because blizzard don't know how to handle then and they are stuck with a garbage council that is just pointless and make no difference.

By example, did the night elves lost anything other than nameless civilians? no, both of their leaders are there, the night elf thematic is intact, they can rebuild. Forsaken lost sylvanas, they barely have a leader, and blizzard is trying to force down their throats a lightforged human changing their thematic, instead of doing the obvious and putting a forsaken to lead then

that is not a good comparison, at all
    If you dont see the damage done to the night elves then you must have completely ignored the state of that race for the last few years if not a whole decade.

Despite Tyrande being alive they cant “rebuild”. If anything rebuilding is their main problem. As a race they suffer not from lacking stuff but from Horde burning their stuff, taking their stuff and breaking their stuff.

They are a race of perpetual losers, whimps and damsels in distress which just builds the “sand castle” againeach time after Horde steps on it.

I’d rather have Tyrande die but before that go apeshit and reclaim Ashenvale (which btw occupied by the horde again) and show that night elves are not helpless and weak.

Its agonisingly humiliating to just “rebuild” each time horde crushes them.

Their “thematics” are GONE. Ground down and removed over time. Just think of it. They exist as a husk of a race, and not even a pretty one at that.

Forsaken took a hit with Sylvanas leaving but they never were broken down the same way night elves were.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The Night Warrior was a sad joke
    The sad thing is that it has been one of the best plots of the Alliance in several years.

For many it was like the "last hope that blizzard writes something decent".

Edit:
    By example, did the night elves lost anything other than nameless civilians? no, both of their leaders are there, the night elf thematic is intact, they can rebuild.
    If you listen to the dialogues of the beginning of the Night Elves you will realize that they lost everything.

The Horde in my point of view lost most of all, it simply ceased to exist. The only thing that I see them still standing would be just the Forsaken because they have already been rebuilt in the history of Wow and they never had Honor.
    The rest of the Horde is divided into Thornless Beings and Depthless Hypocrites.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-05-15 at 05:48 AM.