Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There’s no reason to think the forces that went to Andorhal went through silverpine when they say that the alliance isn’t sending any humans to the zone because they can be turned, also if I remember right he alliance forces in the plague lands were abunch o farmers not even an actual army.

Hillsbrad also wasn’t just the forsaken they had heavy frost wolf and other support.
    Frost Wolfs openly refused to support forsaken in any capacity if you remember Drektar's speech. And no other significant horde forces were present.

The NW ending is a total fucking cop out by Blizzard. "Uh...she's going crazy with power! Let's just have some fairies in the Death Realm wave their hands and it'll be all gone and Tyrande is back to normal. Yeah yeah that'll work."

It's like this shit was written by an author for my 5yo son.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Frost Wolfs openly refused to support forsaken in any capacity if you remember Drektar's speech. And no other significant horde forces were present.
    Ah your right the frost wolfs did tell them to sod off, must have been tiling since I’ve done the quest there.

I believe the whole "Night-Warrior" thing was poorly thought out. It sounds and looks cool to some, sprinkled with some edge and dark aesthetics, but that's about it. I feel like they introduced this just because it sounded cool when they chalked their plans up on the storytelling board, clearly having no understanding of the franchise and the playerbase, which is extremely necessary to meet player expectations.

It is a common sight now among beloved franchises; look at how Disney's gang treated the Skywalker story untill The Mandalorian and look how the fans reacted when someone who understands them gave them what they want. It's not hard to make something that resonates well with the players when you understand the connections players have with the franchise you're working on.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I believe the whole "Night-Warrior" thing was poorly thought out. It sounds and looks cool to some, sprinkled with some edge and dark aesthetics, but that's about it. I feel like they introduced this just because it sounded cool when they chalked their plans up on the storytelling board, clearly having no understanding of the franchise and the playerbase, which is extremely necessary to meet player expectations.

It is a common sight now among beloved franchises; look at how Disney's gang treated the Skywalker story untill The Mandalorian and look how the fans reacted when someone who understands them gave them what they want. It's not hard to make something that resonates well with the players when you understand the connections players have with the franchise you're working on.
    The whole NW thing was cringeworthy from the beginning, starting by its very name. It's something that a 10 years old could have come up with, not a board of (supposedly) professional writers. And when push comes to shove, the NW just went limp, much like the Legion threat in, well, Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The whole NW thing was cringeworthy from the beginning, starting by its very name. It's something that a 10 years old could have come up with, not a board of (supposedly) professional writers. And when push comes to shove, the NW just went limp, much like the Legion threat in, well, Legion.
    Because they couldnt just make her slaughter horde in huge numbers or maybe dunk on some of their heroes or whatever. They see horde getting their teeth kicked in and broken as "making them less cool" and think that horde players would rather have peace then that.

7+ Year Old Account
    On that note - horde’s help was intentionally presented as laughably small and incompetent. Check out Silverpine quests where drunken orc sailors literally die four quests after you meet them and even admit that they are a token force that cant do anything other then lok’tar ogar to their death and be done with it.
    you are telling that orcs are losers that only serve to alliance beat up and feel powerful?

So yes - ONE RACE VS “entire Alliance” and they also had to deal with Scarletts, Scourge and neutral threats and they WON.
    It is forsaken+horde support, x scattered alliance forces, you have a problem with forsaken power up Easter kingdoms? blame Varian bloodthirsty for going to kalindor, expanding trough durotar and the Barren instead of taking care of things in his own continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you are telling that orcs are losers that only serve to alliance beat up and feel powerful?

It is forsaken+horde support, x scattered alliance forces, you have a problem with forsaken power up Easter kingdoms? blame Varian bloodthirsty for going to kalindor, expanding trough durotar and the Barren instead of taking care of things in his own continent.
    No, i am telling that orcs and horde in general are very fast to mutilate Alliance but then writers "seal" the situation with a sudden peace treaty before orcs can take any retaliatory hits and look "bad" , at least in Blizz eyes.

Im disappointed because those other nightwarrior guys killed a fucking oldgod on their world. I wished Tyrande would go out in a blaze of glory taking something really big with her down.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Im disappointed because those other nightwarrior guys killed a fucking oldgod on their world. I wished Tyrande would go out in a blaze of glory taking something really big with her down.
    Nah, poor Tyrande gurl can't have that, she is there just to be the Horde's punching bag and to act like an idiot so that writers can shill the Mary Sue Wrynn du jour.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, i am telling that orcs and horde in general are very fast to mutilate Alliance but then writers "seal" the situation with a sudden peace treaty before orcs can take any retaliatory hits and look "bad" , at least in Blizz eyes.
    are even playing the same game, orcs are number 1 punching bag from horde

"any retaliation before look bad" lmao, the entire horde is depicted as bad multiple times, but like i said before, your "retaliation" that consist of utterly extermination of the opposite faction isn't going to happen.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-05-24 at 10:31 AM.

It always gets me how easily people gloss over how the orcish cast has been on a downward spiral since Mists killed every new orc character introduced since Vanilla and left us down to Saurfang, Thrall and Eitrigg. Thereafter they became a rump state in their own faction in favor of first Vol'jin, then Sylvanas and had the legacy WC2 cast killed in WoD (for the second time in Kargath's case) by a WC2 human character.

As for those three characters - Saurfang became Sadfang, then died, Thrall was on his third depression and turned into an axe-hunting Goldilocks there to make Jaina look good and Eitrigg had rotten fruit flung at him by his own population after becoming an Alliance patsy. Then the orcish societal structure of the entire franchise got thrown into the bin after being disavowed by all of the above.

But hey, at least we got Mag'har and Garrosh is canonically so angry about the above that he can power a whole section of the afterlife.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-05-24 at 10:10 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I call blatant bullcrap on this.

The Alliance gets written off as the can't do bad, the Horde gets its aggression reinforced. The peace treaties are to make so that the faction conflict can eventually resume down the line, but out of two factions only one gets to deal with the consequences of their acts in the narrative, and it's not the blue one.

Also, the orcs have been neutered so badly now there's no recovering them. Save yourself the embarassment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It always gets me how easily people gloss over how the orcish cast has been on a downward spiral since Mists killed every new orc character introduced since Vanilla and left us down to Saurfang, Thrall and Eitrigg. Thereafter they became a rump state in their own faction in favor of first Vol'jin, then Sylvanas and had the legacy WC2 cast killed in WoD (for the second time in Kargath's case) by a WC2 human character.

As for those three characters - Saurfang became Sadfang, then died, Thrall was on his third depression and turned into an axe-hunting Goldilocks there to make Jaina look good and Eitrigg had rotten fruit flung at him by his own population after becoming an Alliance patsy. Then the orcish societal structure of the entire franchise got thrown into the bin after being disavowed by all of the above.

But hey, at least we got Mag'har and Garrosh is canonically so angry about the above that he can power a whole section of the afterlife.

Not just that, they literally said recently, basically retconed, that all the orcish clans were essentially, disbanded and no longer existed in the thrall horde, he(Thrall) did that, there is no clans anymore, just orcs

The fuck were the frostwolf, the warsong and others?

Piece by piece orcs lore/history is being dumbstered and i have to hear how much night elves suffered more than all races together because they can't wipe out the horde from kalindor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She still has the night warrior power boost, not to mention it is mentioned throughout the lore that she is quite powerful.

She could still butcher any horde presence in Ashenvale
    Yeah... Except she can't..

In Darkshore, Sylvanas wiped the floor with Tyrande AND Malfurion at the same time. Tyrande got a lucky hit in on one of the Val'kyrs, but it was blatantly evident that Tyrande and Malfurion was loosing that battle from the first second.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

"any retaliation before look bad" lmao, the entire horde is depicted as bad multiple times, but like i said before, your "retaliation" that consist of utterly extermination of the opposite faction isn't going to happen.
    Thats where you are wrong. And by "bad" i meant "weak or powerless". While PLAYERS see Horde as evil or dumb game clearly says that factions are EQUAL in moral standing no matter what.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Yeah... Except she can't..

In Darkshore, Sylvanas wiped the floor with Tyrande AND Malfurion at the same time. Tyrande got a lucky hit in on one of the Val'kyrs, but it was blatantly evident that Tyrande and Malfurion was loosing that battle from the first second.
    You mean Nathanos? Cause he had Valkyrs, not Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it was Sylvanas in that cinematic....

BUT..... In case you are right (being Nathanos, not Sylvanas) it only serves to prove my point even further: Tyrande Night Warrior AND Malfurion in unison, isn't even able to defeat Nathan's, who is much much much weaker than Sylvanas.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

No, he had his two hounds, which were instantly incinerated.

It's sad that they end it this way, having done nothing with it. Back to status quo!

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats where you are wrong. And by "bad" i meant "weak or powerless". While PLAYERS see Horde as evil or dumb game clearly says that factions are EQUAL in moral standing no matter what.
    Again, this falls to the point earlier, if they are not gods, you think they are 'weak and powerless". No one ever said night elves are powerful demigods who can do anything, this is just the elf bias people have, don't be surprised if reality is often dissapointing.

And even if they say, they are in the same moral standing, they don't show that, and in the process ruin and kill tons of horde characters.