Poll: What will you do?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will you remain in the classic era?

For those who have played classic up until now .. what will you do?

I will personally move on fully. I had a lot of fun in classic and it was great but I don't think I'll ever return and if I do, it will be from scratch.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-05-12 at 08:22 PM.

Nah - TBC all the way, no clone.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm...

Prot Paladin even more viable, plus being GOOD? Enhance Shaman being more than just a walking Windfury Totem?

sign me up!
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no intention of playing TBC and I quit Classic during the MC era, but if I had to choose, I would move forward. I think Classic has served its purpose incredibly well but it's time to let it go once more. I expect it to lose all its players over time.

played clssic till sl released so not gona play tcb

I wanted to copy some of my toons to Classic at first, but then they announced 35$ to copy a single character? Nope, everybody is going to Outland now.

Having not really played too much of classic (got a pally to like 34) I'll probably roll fresh on tbcc

If classic keeps a decent sized community maybe I'll roll on there too for shits and giggles but we will see

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I have no intention of playing TBC and I quit Classic during the MC era, but if I had to choose, I would move forward. I think Classic has served its purpose incredibly well but it's time to let it go once more. I expect it to lose all its players over time.
    I mean pservers were a thing since TBC. Classic servers will be fine

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Unless you specifically mean classic vanilla, I think that classic, as in now BC, is only going to gain more and more players. There are a lot of pissed off players in retail and, eventually, they will also realize that they can play the real World of Warcraft instead. That was me recently, among so many others more...

It is like a second change to enjoy it all over again with thousands of other players around you. Is not like you are clearing BT with your main in 20 minutes... nope, you are actually playing it all over again, and it feels like WoW should feel

I wish they would make fresh Classic realms but I understand how that could get complicated for Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Unless you specifically mean classic vanilla, I think that classic, as in now BC, is only going to gain more and more players. There are a lot of pissed off players in retail and, eventually, they will also realize that they can play the real World of Warcraft instead. That was me recently, among so many others more...

It is like a second change to enjoy it all over again with thousands of other players around you. Is not like you are clearing BT with your main in 20 minutes... nope, you are actually playing it all over again, and it feels like WoW should feel
    Ye, I meant Classic vanilla. If I had to guess, I'd say the vanilla aspect of the game will fade off, and the TBC one will pick up. I am not a fan of neither to be fair, because I started playing in TBC and I got my shot at Classic last year, so I am done with that WoW era forever. But this thread ain't about my personal feelings towards the matter, so the most logical thing would be to see the majority of people interested in TBC imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I wouldn't bet on that, but that's mainly because I don't see the point in playing vanilla for an extended period of time. What do you do after you clear Naxx? In retail at least you keep on farming content to get a bit more power for the next patch/raid. If Nathria was the last raid of WoW I would have stopped playing after killing Denny.

TBC will have that staying power too if it leads to revamped WotLK. Vanilla will be the one forever stuck, and while it was fine (at least for me) for a bit, I don't see how it would have a growing community moving forward. I may be wrong though, and I wouldn't mind seeing it thrive.

I would clone for free.
    For this robbery price fuck no.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The free ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

TBC is the finished game.

Wrath was a small enhancement on top and an epic raid at the end plus Ulduar.

After that, errr... Cata was ok, MoP was ok and then it was mostly over. Legion ok... but fuck you if you didn't have time to play with the leggos.

PS. Vanilla is still very good. TBC is better though. Just in case before someone rips this all out of context.

Originally I wasn't that excited about TBC but am now looking forward to it immensely.

That change was driven by the conditions on my server and my play style. I don't have the time to commit to a raiding guild so have hit a serious progression wall in Classic. The prospect of levelling more alts (I have 3 60's in Classic) is not enticing since it's almost impossible to get a group for the levelling dungeons (and most of the max level ones tbh) that aren't paid boost groups. That will most likely get worse once TBC is released. I could farm mats and max out all my reps on 3 toons but not being a true completionist that's a bit dreary.

So it's off to TBC to have some fun, do the occasional pug raid and rinse and repeat in 2 years for Classic Wrath.

Happily moving to TBC. Classic was fun, but TBC is better in every way, shape and form.

I'll glady give another go to Classic down the road though, if they ever re-do the experience with fresh\new servers.

3+ Year Old Account
    No, been there done that multiple times. I had a blast in Classic for 1 and a half year, cleared all content and leveled up multiple toons. I'm moving to TBC and I will not go back to Era servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh i thinked about doin clone of 1 char but there is no reason to do it. Pretty mych 99% players are goin to play TBC. Some will do clone some not so classic era severs will die pretty fast (some already are half dead :P ). My decision is to go for TBC with no clones.

10+ Year Old Account
    both
    still have my rank 14 to farm on classic

tbc. It was a strict upgrade to classic in just about every way. Dont get it twisted, this isnt a knock against classic.