10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandis View Post
    Or maybe just let other countries live the way they want rather than trying to force your ways on them?
    Your pleading seems pretty fucking hollow, considering you are not willing to let the Palestinians live they way they want, but want to force your ways on them instead.

You are basically saying that Hitler did nothing wrong. Nazi Germany just wanted to live the way they wanted. They, too, decided that diversity wasn't working for them. Hell, the Nazis were "kind" enough to let the Jews leave at first. But there were no takers from other countries, so what can you do?

Is this really the way you want this to go?
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-06-14 at 07:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I was wondering when people would start crying about ethnostates in this topic. Does not matter to them that most countries in the world are ones xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    To be fair.. for all Israel's faults they are not actually throwing people in gas chambers..
    Here, let me give the Israeli government the credit they are due for only doing ethnic cleansing just short of throwing people in the gas chambers:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I was wondering when people would start crying about ethnostates in this topic. Does not matter to them that most countries in the world are ones xD
    Most of them aren't, and the ones that are certainly should not be looked to as models of social harmony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Here, let me give the Israeli government the credit they are due for only doing ethnic cleansing just short of throwing people in the gas chambers:

- - - Updated - - -

Most of them aren't, and the ones that are certainly should not be looked to as models of social harmony.
    Does also mean that those who are not "ethnostate" should be looked as models of social harmony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Does also mean
    Take the strawmen elsewhere, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Take the strawmen elsewhere, please.
    Sure, qualify anything you do not like as strawmen, how classic and boring

5+ Year Old Account
    Only warning on this: We're not debating the merits of an ethno-state, especially since the context here implies the removal or killing of people already within a nation. It can easily devolve into blatant racism. That includes trying to debate multi-culturalism.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    To be fair.. for all Israel's faults they are not actually throwing people in gas chambers..
    No, just keep them into a open-air prison camp and bomb them from time to time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Are you trying to make a point that a lot of nationstates are horrible? Because if that makes it somehow okay..

Quote Originally Posted by Fandis View Post
    Or maybe just let other countries live the way they want rather than trying to force your ways on them?
    Yes, like Palestine, uh sorry that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Yes, like Palestine, uh sorry that didn't work.
    There is no country called Palestine.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    There is no country called Palestine.
    The large green area thinks there is:

10+ Year Old Account
    As there is no new thread i guess discussing any and all Israeli politics will go into here,

I do not know enough about the Politics in Israel to comment on the new PM, it could be a wolf in sheep clothing for all we outsiders know as we often make that mistake looking from the outside in, i know that is the case of many Europeans trying to understand American politics and doing so incorrectly.

But the dethroning of King Bibi had to happen for several reasons and it is good that it did, i hope now the courts can do there work and continue with the prosecution and so the people there will see that nobody is above the law, also pandering to extremists was creating more issues and gave me the impression from the international press that issues that actually matter to the Israelis often had to take a back seat. Although i am not naive in thinking that extremist religious groups won't try to crawl their way into the political machine like they did before and who says that there tentacles are even completely gone with their man out on the street.

Let us hope it can last for a while since as a Belgian i know how difficult it is for a government consisting out of multiple smaller parties with opposing ideologies and barely a majority have a hard time staying afloat and that is under far more stable circumstances.

I am sure the economist or other more reputable journalist magazines will give us a better insight out of what to expect from this new government, regardless a change of power was needed and it has finally come for Israel.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

So most of the dictators of the globe ? Great exemple I guess. And they mostly do it to piss off the West who tend to support Israel and do not want to deal with terrorists (Hamas)

So most of the dictators of the globe ? Great exemple I guess. And they mostly do it to piss off the West who tend to support Israel and do not want to deal with terrorists (Hamas)
    And this, kids, is how colonialism works in the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

Ok? That doesn't make it a country.

And this, kids, is how colonialism works in the 21st century.
    So you support dictatorship and terrorists ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even those not on the map, the vast majority of the international community supports the two state solution. What in itself acknowledges the want and need of a Palestinian state and thus country in this context.

The Western support for Israel has dwindled quite a bit over the last few decades and their constant acts of aggression (Think landgrab and disowning Palestinian families of their homes), followed by retaliation has not improved that. But the support from the West towards Israel is a complicated matter with a longer history than most on this forum have been alive for probably.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Ok? That doesn't make it a country.
    Well, yes and no, countries are mostly defined if they are recognized by someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Even those not on the map, the vast majority of the international community supports the two state solution. What in itself acknowledges the want and need of a Palestinian state and thus country in this context.

The Western support for Israel has dwindled quite a bit over the last few decades and their constant acts of aggression (Think landgrab and disowning Palestinian families of their homes), followed by retaliation has not improved that. But the support from the West towards Israel is a complicated matter with a longer history than most on this forum have been alive for probably.
    Oh but I also do support the two state solution as long as the Hamas is no longer in the picture.

So you support dictatorship and terrorists ?
    So you think the green area in the map, aka everywhere outside the western world is dictatorships and terrorists?
    Yours truly is the most vile form of intolerance out there right now.

So you think the green area in the map, aka everywhere outside the western world is dictatorship and terrorists?
    Yours truly is the most vile form of intolerance out there right now.
    Not what I said. I guess reading is not your strong suit.