10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yep. "But my petty shitty bigotries are okay because of wharrgarrble I made up in my own head!"
    Hey look, you've successfully encapsulated the Western approach to Israel versus Palestine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    This is an incredibly bold stupid thing to say in a thread about Israel of all countries.
    I know, we are so in the woods with them first insisting Islamophobia hasn't been a constant issue in Europe for the past 2 decades. it's an issue in the entire anglosphere we don't talk about it a lot in the US because, well, Muslims have been public enemy number 1 for the longest time and only now and again get overshadowed by illegal immigrants and black people.

but this is somehow even more absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I know, we are so in the woods with them first insisting Islamophobia hasn't been a constant issue in Europe for the past 2 decades 1300+ years or thereabout.
    Adjusted for historical accuracy.

Islamophobia doesn't have quite the legacy of antisemitism in Europe, but it's a darned close second place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    because people make up names for people who follow their ideas lol
    You mean like...a group?

The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    palestinians and jews share the same genetic roots
    That's nice, but ethnography isn't and hasn't ever been a function of genetics - as evidenced by the fact it existed prior to the discovery of genetics in the first place.

It's entirely a function of humanity's shitty ingroup/outgroup proclivity, nothing more. And it's as easy as "just stop being a bigot".

10+ Year Old Account
    tell that to the jews who can't accept Palestinian people lol...
    I do, that's why I'm in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, if anything pointing out the similarities between Israeli and Palestinian genetics and cultural praxis just underscores the fact that the conflict is fundamentally political in nature as opposed to being some inherent result of a "Clash of Civilizations" - and also putting to bed any notion that this conflict goes back further than the colonial period, as said.

you're posting in this thread to tell jews to accept palestinians?
    Which begs the question of why you're here apart from repeated derailing to try and make this thread about what goes on in Russia. Rofl.

- - - Updated - - -

your own country doesn't even consider Palestine to exist as a state...
    What is "my country" exactly, and how's this relevant?

I wish the US would vote whether or not to recognize Palestine.

10+ Year Old Account
    i haven't said anything about russia lol...
    Russia, Sweden, w/e. Still derailing.

considering you've said you're a greek and you live in usa... greece and usa... of which neither recognize palestine as a state...
    And again, I fail to see how this is relevant unless you believe that one's country of residence determines their beliefs. Personally, I don't identify with any specific polity because I don't believe in ethnonationalism, and I don't get why that's such a difficult concept for you lot to understand.

If this is "you should fix things there first", may I direct you to the BDS movement and the fact my rep consistently opposes further Israeli brutalization of Palestinians. Otherwise, this remains a stupid appeal to authority fallacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    you say you're posting here to tell them to accept palestinians lol... there's pretty much nobody living in israel on this forum except gaidax...
    That's nice dear, can you debate the subject instead of me?

Given the complete dearth of any evidence on your part, I'd wager that's a hard 'no'.

10+ Year Old Account
    you told me palestine isn't a state yourself and you're just in it to bash on israel...
    r/thathappened. I've long since grown out of my more youthful Dawkins-esque phase, so chances are you're referring to opinions older than the Obama presidency.

And I'd wager your continued attempts to debate people's motives rather than the subject means you concede you have nothing valuable to add to the subject. Good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....Are you fucking serious? Rofl.

Pointing out that a lot of countries don't recognize Palestine as a state is not the same thing as saying Palestine should not be a state.

Really thought you had a point there, huh.

10+ Year Old Account
    you explicitly said i'm correct when i said by your reasoning then taiwan isn't a state either(because palestine isn't)...
    Please learn the difference between an is and an ought argument.

Not seeing any evidence of my claiming I'm only in it to bash Israel either, so that's another lie on your part. /yawn

10+ Year Old Account
    there is no "is and ought" here... palestine is a state
    Yes, it ought to be, even if the international community does not currently recognize it as such.

Inb4 "but Sweden recognizes it therefore it's a state, wahh ".

10+ Year Old Account
    it's not ought to be... it simply is so... it's a state...
    Good for you.

Remind me what your point is besides insinuating that pointing out Palestine isn't internationally recognized somehow negates being in support of them being internationally recognized?

10+ Year Old Account
    you're denying it's existence... even now...
    Which in no way contradicts support of it coming into existence. QED.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is no coming into existence... it already is there... what the fuck...

you said this:
    Wow it's almost as if you can have personal opinions but still acknowledge that the world operates in a certain way at present. It's called being realistic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't derail over semantics when the answer was already clarified and restated. Get back on topic.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I know Ukraine is distracting people, but this story needs some attention.

This was the scene at her funeral.

Israel blamed Palestinians firing indiscriminately, however firsthand on the ground accounts indicate an IDF sniper is the actual culprit.

Now, before @Gaidax tries to say it’s just lying Palestinians trying to cover their asses.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/16/10990...-of-journalist

Israel needs to be held accountable at some point for this shit.
    Don't look to the US, they won't move against where they think the jesusing will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Hamas launched a massive attack today. Even paraglided down troops in Israel