1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    ROFLMAO as if Hamas has a snowball's chance in hell of winning a fight with Israel.
    Remember, we're talking "without consequences". See how stupid that is?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    where are you getting this dude? the US involvement in this case would be to at the very least make a credible threat to stop handing OUR money hand over fist to them. lose of third of his voter base? as if Jewish Americans vote in a monolith or something? huh??? god, you really think Trump wasn't a culmination of voter frustration with people like Biden? do I need to pull out how many Obama voters switched to Trump? this stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum dude.
    I don't know, decades of Americans telling me how strong the Jewish voterbase in the US is? You go ask them, I'm not making this shit up. But unlike people like you, I seem to be physically incapable of succumbing to the temptation at looking at shit like this without context. And context matters. Of course, you'd have to actually know a little about the conflict instead of... you know, just emotionally taking off based on pictures and videos in your social media feed...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    LOL, so you got nothing. Just here to emotionally rant a little. Go on, get it out of your system...
    are you okay? like, do you think I'm going to make a call to arms on a gaming forum discussion board? get a grip...

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Remember, we're talking "without consequences". See how stupid that is?
    Yeah it's still a conflict I didn't magically give Hamas modern day weapons and nukes. Israel is only afraid of international blowback.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

    I don't know, decades of Americans telling me how strong the Jewish voterbase in the US is? You go ask them, I'm not making this shit up.
    the Israeli lobby is, not the base...

  5. #285
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    What does the line have to do with the nukes and foreign policy?
    Well, with nukes... which country will Israel nuke in Middle East, without being caught in fallout? Palestinians? :/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    the Israeli lobby is, not the base...
    Ask me how much I care about the differentiation you just make... go on.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  7. #287
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    ROFLMAO as if Hamas has a snowball's chance in hell of winning a fight with Israel.
    That depends on what hamas considers winning...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    ROFLMAO as if Hamas has a snowball's chance in hell of winning a fight with Israel.
    hezbollah fought the idf to a draw, hamas cant win but they can bleed. As soon as caskets start coming home with mothers crying over the public opinion can get messy.


    That press stuff bibi just did is insane. He has always been a mad dog.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Yeah it's still a conflict I didn't magically give Hamas modern day weapons and nukes. Israel is only afraid of international blowback.
    So, when Palestinians do it, it's a conflict and consequences matter, but when Israel does it, it's not a conflict and you're interested in a scenario without consequences. How does that compute in your head?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ask me how much I care about the differentiation you just make... go on.
    I don't care... because you seem to think Jewish folks all share the exact same opinions on Israel which is sooooo so so so so not the case. you can keep being ignorant all you like.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    hezbollah fought the idf to a draw, hamas cant win but they can bleed. As soon as caskets start coming home with mothers crying over the public opinion can get messy.


    That press stuff bibi just did is insane. He has always been a mad dog.
    What he do?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I don't care... because you seem to think Jewish folks all share the exact same opinions on Israel which is sooooo so so so so not the case. you can keep being ignorant all you like.
    No, why would you care. In the age of post-truth only your opinion matters. I get that. I won't bother you anymore, clearly you're not able to think straight. Enjoy your fantasy hate trip.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Well, with nukes... which country will Israel nuke in Middle East, without being caught in fallout? Palestinians? :/
    You still aren't answering the fact that they have nukes just by having them there is an escalation and you have said nothing about their foreign policy. Heck Bibi runs on racism against non Israelis they have been antagonizing their neighbors because they have the US at their back.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So, when Palestinians do it, it's a conflict and consequences matter, but when Israel does it, it's not a conflict and you're interested in a scenario without consequences. How does that compute in your head?
    It must be pretty tough twisting yourself into that pretzel.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

    No, why would you care. In the age of post-truth only your opinion matters. I get that. I won't bother you anymore, clearly you're not able to think straight. Enjoy your fantasy hate trip.
    buddy, you're not any more immune to your confirmation biases then the next person. since it needs to be pointed out that you think all Jewish folks are all a hive mind on the issue on Israel. it's pretty anti Semitic dude. but that's just my opinion, actually listening to people instead of talking past them.

  14. #294
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    24,166
    We went from a rent dispute and decades court battle to wild claims about genocide and ethnic cleansing, whats next are we going to float that Israeli's use Arab children's blood and bones to make bread? Guys, perspective, this is over a rent dispute over a building in East Jerusalem. And in this, lets face it, the Arabs in that building have been more than accommodated and granted every opportunity to respect a basic lease agreement. I mean what, Arabs don't have to pay rent if the building owner is of a race they consider subordinate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

  15. #295
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You still aren't answering the fact that they have nukes just by having them there is an escalation and you have said nothing about their foreign policy. Heck Bibi runs on racism against non Israelis they have been antagonizing their neighbors because they have the US at their back.
    What do you mean, I said nothing about nukes? I asked you where they would bomb, to not suffer from fallout. You think Israel is threatening mutual destruction? I may disagree with their foreign policy, but am not crazy.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It must be pretty tough twisting yourself into that pretzel.
    You're saying "what would Bibi do without consequences?"

    My point is, that's a dumb question. To illustrate this, I asked "What would Hamas do without consequences?"

    I did this to illustrate how dumb that question is. But somehow it's going over your head. Horrible people do horrible things if they face no consequences. What's your point? Want to discuss anything else? What would Bibi do if Palestinians and Israelis got along with each other? What would Bibi do if he wasn't Premier but an elementary school teacher in the outskirts of Tel Aviv? I don't know, it's a series of dumb questions that solve nothing.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What do you mean, I said nothing about nukes? I asked you where they would bomb, to not suffer from fallout. You think Israel is threatening mutual destruction? I may disagree with their foreign policy, but am not crazy.
    The fact that they have nukes is a giant dick in the face of every country in the middle east, they started the race for nukes in the ME. My point is Israel's entire past is about pissing off its neighbors.

  18. #298
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    We went from a rent dispute and decades court battle to wild claims about genocide and ethnic cleansing, whats next are we going to float that Israeli's use Arab children's blood and bones to make bread? Guys, perspective, this is over a rent dispute over a building in East Jerusalem.
    Should have stopped there... because...

    And in this, lets face it, the Arabs in that building have been more than accommodated and granted every opportunity to respect a basic lease agreement. I mean what, Arabs don't have to pay rent if the building owner is of a race they consider subordinate?
    No, they haven’t... if I complain about eminent domain in US, I can’t pretend that taking someone’s home, has an adequate compensation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The fact that they have nukes is a giant dick in the face of every country in the middle east, they started the race for nukes in the ME. My point is Israel's entire past is about pissing off its neighbors.
    To continue your analogy... imagine a tiny person, walking around with a giant dick... do you see a problem with their walking? Notice how that dock is so big, they keep tripping over it?

    Do you see what I mean by it being a shitty intimidation, when it includes suicide?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  19. #299
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    And that's why you are not in charge of anything.
    Empty personal attacks just suggest you don't have much of an argument.

    Countries have obligations before their citizens. Israel is probably THE best example of that.
    Why the hell should Israel risk it's soldiers lives? WTF? I cannot believe someone can write something so out of touch with, well, everything.
    That's literally what soldiers sign up for. I didn't have a long time in the forces, due to injury, but that's certainly what my oath of service was about. Soldiers serve, to risk their lives to protect civilians.

    I just don't value citizens of one country higher than another country, because that's how war crimes and ethnic cleansing get justified.

    Israel is already hampering itself right now from military viewpoint (which would be to level Gaza to the ground until they stop firing and surrender fully).
    "We could be committing SO MANY MORE war crimes, ignore the war crimes we commit" is not an argument.

    Bullshit? This is from OCHA homepage, btw:

    Kinda lacking information about the sources... There is a reason I wrote "IIRC". I will also remind you that in 2014 UN institutions in Gaza had rockets hidden in them.
    Yes, bullshit. Because it's clearly stated on the page I linked to, which you clearly never bothered to even check;

    What is the source of the data?

    Information about occupation and conflict-related casualties is regularly collected by OCHA field staff and entered into OCHA’s Protection of Civilians database, following review and verification. As a rule, for an incident to be entered into the database it needs to be validated by at least two independent and reliable sources. Exceptions to this rule include incidents resulting in Israeli injuries, where information is typically based on media reports.

    Multiple independent and reliable sources required.

    Ah, right, Endus, one more thing. Start fucking asking the same from Arab countries as you do from Israel. Oh, right.
    I do. Which you'd know, if you paid any attention to my earlier posts in the thread. Kudos on attacking a straw man in your own head rather than what I actually said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Condemn all you want, belittle the Holocaust? I'm not gonna let that pass.
    Did not in any way belittle the Holocaust.

    Just unwilling to let other atrocities slide if they don't amount to the same death toll yet, precisely because I do not ever want to see anything on the scale of the Holocaust ever happen again.

    Hand-waving ethnic cleansing and civilian deaths because "it's not as many as died in the Holocaust", that is belittling the Holocaust, as if it were just the numbers of dead that were at issue there.

    Americans have fucked up more people in the Middle East in the past two decades than Israelis did in Palestine. If you seriously get your emotional freak on over this, I think you need to reevaluate your position.
    Pretty sure if you dig through my back history of posts, you'll find plenty where I condemn the modern state of the Middle East to British (originally), American (post-WWII to today), and Russian (same) meddling. I don't disagree that Americans have done a lot of super shitty things in the Middle East, and I condemn those too. Being buddy-buddy with Saudi Arabia is a big one.


  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    To continue your analogy... imagine a tiny person, walking around with a giant dick... do you see a problem with their walking? Notice how that dock is so big, they keep tripping over it?

    Do you see what I mean by it being a shitty intimidation, when it includes suicide?
    I am simply pointing out nuclear weapons is not the way to make friends with your neighbors they are in it of themselves an escalating factor. There is no leader of any country that wouldn't take it as a threat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •