1. #1261
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, I posted earlier. One of the few things that Palestinians and Israeli agree on, at 62% and 60%, is that the 3rd intifada is coming.
    It's all is about as inevitable as Sun rising in the morning. It's just a matter of time.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  2. #1262
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    If anything, he is the privileged one for not having to live under a fascist government's bad side like the Palestinians do.
    Yeah, that’s privilege... we are privileged to not live under fascist rule... us using that privilege, to rob it in the face of civilians that are being bombed, is fucked up. You do understand what’s wrong with privilege blinding you? Because this response sure as hell implies you don’t.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  3. #1263
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    I think your argument about Hamas being the source of Palestinian poverty is absolute garbage considering Britain left Palestine with more infrastructure than Israel currently allows with their occupation. It would also help if Israel didn't bomb their hospitals and then block aid from entering their territory.

    And considering my tax dollars go towards funding you maniacs, I'll go as SJW from the outside of the conflict as much as I please.
    Imagine, having borders closed with what amounts to enemy state that shoots rockets into your town and cities for many years.

    Guess we should cuddle them more, maybe then they will send nicer rockets.

    Yes, in fact, whom you should blame for this shit IS Hamas. It is a US/EU recognized terrorist organization and not for show. Sorry for not being SJW enough to allow free for all access to what amounts a hostile state ran by what amounts to ISIS under different name.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  4. #1264
    Scarab Lord downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Made in Philly, living in Akron.
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think it might be that he lives in a country actively being bombed. You just called him a sociopath, for caring more about his family being bombed, than the people doing it. The fact that he doesn’t take into account the apartheid, to temper the fact that he and his family is being bombed, isn’t an expression of his privilege.

    I don’t know... I think the guy telling him ‘I don’t live there’, so he ‘doesn’t mind’ the bombing that the guy’s family has to deal with... is literally accepting the possible murder of his family. He is a civilian... so is his family... How the fuck are comments like that supposed to mean that this is about saving civilians or giving a shit about the conflict?

    Yeah, real privileged to have to actually live the conflict, then be told by someone who spent pages talking about civilian casualties, pretty much tell him he doesn’t care, because he doesn’t live there? How the fuck is he the one being attacked for privilege.
    His nonchalant disregard for human life on the other side of the Israel border is what makes him a sociopath. If he was in this thread just expressing the concern for the safety of his family I wouldn't be responding to him the way that I do. A casual look into his post history demonstrates that isn't the case.
    Populists (and "national socialists") look at the supposedly secret deals that run the world "behind the scenes". Child's play. Except that childishness is sinister in adults.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  5. #1265
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    His nonchalant disregard for human life on the other side of the Israel border is what makes him a sociopath. If he was in this thread just expressing the concern for the safety of his family I wouldn't be responding to him the way that I do. A casual look into his post history demonstrates that isn't the case.
    Yes, because I totally have to shed tears for people who indiscriminately bomb my country in the most insidious manner there is - from inside their own cities targeting our cities with their random rockets.

    What am I, Jesus F Christ?

    Disregard for human life, what a joke. Tell that to Hamas that literally stockpiles weapons and explosives in civilian houses and uses them to barrage cities over the border right from inside their own cities.

    You expect me to be a saint while my family's under fire? Screw you and your SJW crap.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-05-20 at 01:26 PM.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  6. #1266
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes it's painfully obvious that I'm one of 9 million people in a country that have life with my own thing to deal with. If I'd live in Sweden I'd go full SJW all you like, but I don't live in Sweden and reality here is different.


    As for impoverished palestinians - your precious Hamas spent ungodly amount of aid $$ to build a whole network of underground tunnels with munitions delivery systems inside right under their city and towns. Maybe Palestinians in Gaza would not be so impoverished if their internationally recognized terrorist leadership in Gaza would spend that money to actually improve lives of their own citizens, instead of their heroic efforts to smuggle arms and explosives and build city under city full of bunkers and arms.

    /shrug
    They can't, because of the blockade

    You live there and don't even know what's going on lol.

  7. #1267
    Scarab Lord downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Made in Philly, living in Akron.
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes, because I totally have to shed tears for people who indiscriminately bomb my country.

    What am I, Jesus F Christ?
    Ya'll sure like talking like him when it's convenient. Maybe try walking like him for once.
    Populists (and "national socialists") look at the supposedly secret deals that run the world "behind the scenes". Child's play. Except that childishness is sinister in adults.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  8. #1268
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    You mean Hamas right?
    Oh, what a masterful comeback, you really shook this discussion!
    No, I mean the ultra orthodox hardliners, like the Hilltop Youth and god knows what else goes on in that godforsaken land.

    "Hilltop Youth is a term commonly used to refer to hard-line, extremist religious-nationalist youth who establish outposts without an Israeli legal basis in the West Bank. The ideology of the hilltop youth includes the claim that the Palestinians are "raping the Holy Land", and must be expelled"

  9. #1269
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't think you know who you are defending or maybe you do. His disdain for non Israelis or savages as he calls them is well documented.
    No, I don’t care who I am defending. You think telling him that not living there, means you don’t care, helps your point? You think that shows him to be this evil poster you say he is? Because I think it’s doing the opposite... I don’t think dog piling on someone, because they have more at stake, just emboldens the very people you are trying to disagree with.

    I don’t care who the poster is... I am responding to the comments being made... Why would I ever respond to people that have me on ignore, if I cared who I am responding to?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  10. #1270
    Scarab Lord downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Made in Philly, living in Akron.
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes, because I totally have to shed tears for people who indiscriminately bomb my country in the most insidious manner there is - from inside their own cities targeting our cities with their random rockets.

    What am I, Jesus F Christ?

    Disregard for human life, what a joke. Tell that to Hamas that literally stockpiles weapons and explosives in civilian houses and uses them to barrage cities over the border.
    Hamas fires rockets that are immediately nullified by the iron dome and Israel responds by leveling entire buildings for weeks on end killing women and children. Yeah man, I totally see your point.
    Populists (and "national socialists") look at the supposedly secret deals that run the world "behind the scenes". Child's play. Except that childishness is sinister in adults.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  11. #1271
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    They can't, because of the blockade

    You live there and don't even know what's going on lol.
    "They can't", except they magically conjured thousands of rockets from the thin air they indiscriminately firing at our cities and all the monstrous infrastructure to support that.

    Man, imagine if they'd put all that effort into like... building another power plant... or another hospital... or maybe another desalination or sewage processing plant. Would be nice.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  12. #1272
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think it might be that he lives in a country actively being bombed. You just called him a sociopath, for caring more about his family being bombed, than the people doing it. The fact that he doesn’t take into account the apartheid, to temper the fact that he and his family is being bombed, isn’t an expression of his privilege.

    I don’t know... I think the guy telling him ‘I don’t live there’, so he ‘doesn’t mind’ the bombing that the guy’s family has to deal with... is literally accepting the possible murder of his family. He is a civilian... so is his family... How the fuck are comments like that supposed to mean that this is about saving civilians or giving a shit about the conflict?

    Yeah, real privileged to have to actually live the conflict, then be told by someone who spent pages talking about civilian casualties, pretty much tell him he doesn’t care, because he doesn’t live there? How the fuck is he the one being attacked for privilege.



    See the bold part of what he was responding to? That’s privilege... that’s taking privilege and robbing it in the face of someone, claiming they care about their family being bombed.
    You just don't get it. You never do, you're miles off the target constantly, good lord.

    What I said is I don't live there so I don't care about the long term consequences that his own political beliefs are going to bring in to normal, moderate Israelis. It should be his own duty as a moderate citizen to find long lasting peace. Hint: bombing the shit of your enemy isn't.

  13. #1273
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    Hamas fires rockets that are immediately nullified by the iron dome and Israel responds by leveling entire buildings for weeks on end killing women and children. Yeah man, I totally see your point.
    Yes, we care to invest in protecting our citizens. Sorry for not dying so easily.

    Maybe if Hamas would not fire rockets from under fucking buildings in Gaza, their citizens would not need to worry about it either.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  14. #1274
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    His nonchalant disregard for human life on the other side of the Israel border is what makes him a sociopath. If he was in this thread just expressing the concern for the safety of his family I wouldn't be responding to him the way that I do. A casual look into his post history demonstrates that isn't the case.
    No, it means he has more at stake... he isn’t just privileged to be in a country not being bombed... by not giving a shit and mocking him, even though he and his family are civilians, kinda makes all cries of civilian casualties mean a lot less.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  15. #1275
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    "They can't", except they magically conjured thousands of rockets from the thin air they indiscriminately firing at our cities and all the monstrous infrastructure to support that.

    Man, imagine if they'd put all that effort into like... building another power plant... or another hospital... or maybe another desalination or sewage processing plant. Would be nice.
    They can't cause you won't allow any construction material in. "Construction materials including metal pipes, steel and cement are banned".
    Hard to stick a 10ft RSJ through a handmade tunnel.

  16. #1276
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    "They can't", except they magically conjured thousands of rockets from the thin air they indiscriminately firing at our cities and all the monstrous infrastructure to support that.

    Man, imagine if they'd put all that effort into like... building another power plant... or another hospital... or maybe another desalination or sewage processing plant. Would be nice.
    Hamas doesn't speak for all Palestinians, and not all Palestinians want Hamas to speak for them even.

    You have to be dumb as fucking box of rocks to think that Hamas is some benevolent Government looking to actually build up Palestine.

    They're a militant force. They're twats. Their actions do not make it acceptable to kill innocent Palestinians.

    Saying their actions would make it acceptable to kill Palestinians means it would all of a sudden be acceptable for Iraqi rebels to wanton turn up in the US and start blowing up buildings because the US wrongly invaded Iraq. Since you know US Army invading = All Americans bad.

  17. #1277
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    You just don't get it. You never do, you're miles off the target constantly, good lord.

    What I said is I don't live there so I don't care about the long term consequences that his own political beliefs are going to bring in to normal, moderate Israelis. It should be his own duty as a moderate citizen to find long lasting peace. Hint: bombing the shit of your enemy isn't.
    "Duty" as a moderate citizen?

    My "duty" is to care about my family and our wellbeing. It does not include crying over a bunch of people who don't even give a fuck about their own.

    "Moderate" Israeli citizens? What you describe as "moderate" is more like "batshit crazy", because no "moderate" and sane person would sit in his house with rockets exploding above his head and think about how we should go ahead and hug those who fire these missiles. We will fight it out and then when dust settles we'll see what's next.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  18. #1278
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    You just don't get it. You never do, you're miles off the target constantly, good lord.
    Yes, it’s why I constantly get personal and complain about defending the right people.

    What I said is I don't live there so I don't care about the long term consequences that his own political beliefs are going to bring in to normal, moderate Israelis. It should be his own duty as a moderate citizen to find long lasting peace. Hint: bombing the shit of your enemy isn't.
    Oh, totally... you don’t care... I know...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  19. #1279
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes, we care to invest in protecting our citizens. Sorry for not dying so easily.

    Maybe if Hamas would not fire rockets from under fucking buildings in Gaza, their citizens would not need to worry about it either.
    No sorry you don't. You really don't care about your own people, otherwise you'd realise that the direction you and your government is taking is going to cost you dearly. And I'm not talking about hamas. I'm talking about those elements that usually, in the rest of civilised countries are kept on the fringe of society, that you (and by you I mean you in person, not a generic "you"), with your racial hate, have allowed to run freely into the policy making process. You don't realised how fucked up your situation is. You're building your own giant domed grave over there and you don't even realise it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, it’s why I constantly get personal and complain about defending the right people.



    Oh, totally... you don’t care... I know...
    Yeah. Tip. Don't get personal and just read your replies 5 times before you click enter. You're constantly off.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    "Duty" as a moderate citizen?

    My "duty" is to care about my family and our wellbeing. It does not include crying over a bunch of people who don't even give a fuck about their own.

    "Moderate" Israeli citizens? What you describe as "moderate" is more like "batshit crazy", because no "moderate" and sane person would sit in his house with rockets exploding above his head and think about how we should go ahead and hug those who fire these missiles. We will fight it out and then when dust settles we'll see what's next.
    Yes. Mad isn't it. You're so far off the centre and you don't realise it.

  20. #1280
    Banned JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    28,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, that’s privilege... we are privileged to not live under fascist rule... us using that privilege, to rob it in the face of civilians that are being bombed, is fucked up. You do understand what’s wrong with privilege blinding you? Because this response sure as hell implies you don’t.
    Isreali do live under a fascist government, but a bunch of them are fine with it.
    Not very hard to understand.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •