1. #1361
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    As aforementioned, they have been building homes using traditional mudbrick architecture for more than 10 years now.

    It is part of the petroleum age mythos that homes cannot be built without cement. In reality, they can, as they have been, like in the archaic times of the first half of the 20th Century, and the millenias prior.

    On the other hand, it is an essential component of large infrastructures that appeared in the 20th Century. Like large canals (the Panama one being one of the first massive examples), dams (Hoover dam similarly), but also tunnels and bunkers (during WW2, 80% of French cement production went into German fortifications).
    Yes, out of lack of resources because they can't import building material. Maybe before talking about improving Gaza's carbon footprint, we could discuss, you know, lifting the blockade and bringing gaza back to the 20th century?
    Once we achieve this, I'll be more than glad to discuss alternative building techniques suitable for Gaza.

  2. #1362
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    24,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Yes, out of lack of resources because they can't import building material. Maybe before talking about improving Gaza's carbon footprint, we could discuss, you know, lifting the blockade and bringing gaza back to the 20th century?
    Once we achieve this, I'll be more than glad to discuss alternative building techniques suitable for Gaza.
    Gaza might have to end their war against Israel and their vow to Carthage the Israeli's before that will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

  3. #1363
    Ceasefire is basically here (might even hold), see you all in few years going in circles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is just rank whataboutism.

    Nothing about Hamas' actions justify Israeli war crimes and human rights abuses.

    The reverse, of course, is also true, and I'll note here that Hamas makes the same bad arguments you're using, just to defend their own use of rocket attacks. Literally the same arguments.
    This whole thread has been one big whataboutism. But Hamas still were the ones who launched rockets first. And I do hope you won't try to argue that it was a reasonable reaction to protest supression at holy site (even that is debatable).

    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    You're not seriously trying to argue that Israelis are terrorized anywhere near the same level as Palestinians have been over the past two weeks, are you? If so, discussing this subject with you is just a colossal waste of my time.
    And here we go downplaying again. One could ask what impact millions might have from endless warning sirens, but oh well...

    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Same reason why Egypt is helping Israel because Egypt is ruled by a military dictatorship who wants to stay in power and in order to do that they need to keep Americans happy.

    Not a really difficult question. If you don't allow people in Gaza to import cement how else would they rebuild there homes?
    Ah, blaming USA. Never get's old. Attacks in Sinai are not an issue, I guess. Not to mention avoiding anything about tunnels going to Israel. Surely you would not imply they would smuggle matterials from Israel, would you?
    Somehow they do get new homes, never wondered about it? Also, does not answer why Hamas prefers spending it on waging war instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    It might not seem logical but that's what it is. Again, good luck fitting 200 bags of cement and 5 20 ft RSJs through a tunnel
    They have imports, obviously. Same answer as above. Not ideal, but imports are still happening. Just like Hamas is still spending untold amounts of cash on weapons, both from the taxes of poor locals and the aid of gullible international suckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  4. #1364
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    This whole thread has been one big whataboutism. But Hamas still were the ones who launched rockets first. And I do hope you won't try to argue that it was a reasonable reaction to protest supression at holy site (even that is debatable).
    I have consistently been making the case that I see both Hamas and Israel's government as being two violent peas in a pod. And that I condemn anyone targeting and killing civilians.

    But pretending that Israel's unprovoked assault on Al-Aqsa mosque and the continued attempts at ethnic cleansing in East Jerusalem don't amount to provocation on Israel's part? That's just not honest.

    Again, to repeat something I said earlier; "provocoation" is not "justification". So don't misconstrue what I'm actually saying.


  5. #1365
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Ceasefire is basically here (might even hold), see you all in few years going in circles.



    This whole thread has been one big whataboutism. But Hamas still were the ones who launched rockets first. And I do hope you won't try to argue that it was a reasonable reaction to protest supression at holy site (even that is debatable).



    And here we go downplaying again. One could ask what impact millions might have from endless warning sirens, but oh well...



    Ah, blaming USA. Never get's old. Attacks in Sinai are not an issue, I guess. Not to mention avoiding anything about tunnels going to Israel. Surely you would not imply they would smuggle matterials from Israel, would you?
    Somehow they do get new homes, never wondered about it? Also, does not answer why Hamas prefers spending it on waging war instead.



    They have imports, obviously. Same answer as above. Not ideal, but imports are still happening. Just like Hamas is still spending untold amounts of cash on weapons, both from the taxes of poor locals and the aid of gullible international suckers.
    I'm sorry Easo, but there is a huge difference between you points you make, or even how you approach the discussion, and Cubby, to give you an example.
    This post above is just a series of points built on misinformation. Before even addressing what you're saying, we'd need to discuss a range of points to make sure you either 1) talk out of ignorance or 2) you know what's going on and refuse to accept reality for a variety of reasons.
    To be honest, not many have the patience to do that, so it's just going to turn into name calling and mudslinging (mudbricks slinging to make Chairman happy).

    1) no the whole thread hasn't been about whataboutism, this whole thing started from the Al Aqsa confrontation, as reported by media.

    2) no, nowhere in this plane of existence there is a reality where Israelis suffer more as a result of this situation.

    3) yes, blaming the USA in here is perfectly reasonable as they are the biggest supporter and funders of this twisted Israeli government. Most of this mess is on them.

    4) no, there aren't. Imports are controlled under a complete illegal blockade. Construction material isn't allowed.

    So at this point the question arise. Are you just misinformed or paid by somebody to come up with this shit?
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2021-05-20 at 08:25 PM.

  6. #1366
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    https://apnews.com/article/gaza-isra...c27000c74b?new

    "GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israeli media say Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Security Cabinet has approved a unilateral cease-fire to halt an 11-day military operation in the Gaza Strip"
    That explains the current bombings, gotta get them all used up before the cease-fire goes in effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Timmy still can get lunch, it's just not free.

  7. #1367
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    I'm sorry Easo,

    So at this point the question arise. Are you just misinformed or paid by somebody to come up with this shit?
    No, you are not.

    Obviously Mossad is paying me directly, duh.
    Jokes aside I am simply someone who does not believe what a literal terrorist goverment or screaming mass media says. Pallywood is a thing, sadly. Bibi's warhawk goverment is a thing. But I will not listen to "fascists/nazis in charge of Israel wants to steal all the land/do genocide".

    Truly, see you all after few years where we will go around in circles again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  8. #1368
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    No, you are not.

    I am simply someone who does not believe what a literal terrorist goverment or screaming mass media says. Pallywood is a thing, sadly.
    And then he talks about whataboutism.
    Absolutely pathetic.

  9. #1369
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    And then he talks about whataboutism.
    Absolutely pathetic.
    Spending time on some specific Russian webpages (and not only) leads to various interesting resources like maps with analytics, statistics, interesting Twitter posts (especially the propaganda ones), photos/videos, etc. Yeah, I have a reason to stand by what I said. Tells a lot when people mostly points fingers NOT at terrorist organization.
    Goodbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  10. #1370
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Jokes aside I am simply someone who does not believe what a literal terrorist goverment or screaming mass media says.
    So you're just gonna resort to shouting "FAKE NEWS" like a Trump supporter when the facts don't line up with what you want to believe?

    I thought more highly of you, dude.


  11. #1371
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Basically no method of construction is going to hold up to bombing, not unless you're literally building everything as an armored bunker. We just saw strikes take down a couple buildings in Gaza the last week or so. It's not like current construction methods are holding up to the bombardment either.

    Gaza has limited resources and has to use what they can lay hands on.
    One of the best attempts is coquina. Its prevalent in St. Augustine, Florida. The Castillo De San Marcos is made entirely of coquina and it was impervious to cannon fire. They basically just stopped dead part way in on impact.

    Its actually pretty fascinating.

    https://www.nps.gov/casa/learn/histo...-augustine.htm
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  12. #1372
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So you're just gonna resort to shouting "FAKE NEWS" like a Trump supporter when the facts don't line up with what you want to believe?

    I thought more highly of you, dude.
    There is difference between fake and what I wrote. Maybe I should have used different words. News articles, for example, sometimes look really funny when they are trying to write a neutral news report, as if Hamas is a normal goverment and this is between two countries, or when they go into something similar to that WP post and start moralizing.
    Headlines in style of "Israel air strikes kill xx in Gaza, houses destroyed." sells better after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  13. #1373
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    There is difference between fake and what I wrote. Maybe I should have used different words. News articles sometimes look really funny when they are trying to write a neutral news report, as if Hamas is a normal goverment and this is between two countries, or when they go into something similar to that WP post and start moralizing.
    Headlines in style of "Israel air strikes kill xx in Gaza, houses destroyed." sells better after all.
    The point is that your approach is to evaluate media based on whether you want to believe what they tell you, not based on the validity and accuracy of their reporting.

    That's exactly the same motivation behind Trumpsters shouting FAKE NEWS at every story that puts any Republican in a bad light.

    That you expect all news to be unflinchingly biased towards Israel rather than evaluating the facts objectively says everything about your personal bias making you reject facts and reason, not about any supposed bias or inaccuracy in the media.

    You claim there's a difference, but your attitude is exactly the same, and for pretty much exactly the same reasons.


  14. #1374
    Scarab Lord downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Made in Philly, living in Akron.
    Posts
    4,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    And here we go downplaying again. One could ask what impact millions might have from endless warning sirens, but oh well...
    Lmao, you are trying to draw an equivalence. You're a hopeless apologist, my dude. What do I need you for when I can just click on Fox News and get their take?

    Jokes aside I am simply someone who does not believe what a literal terrorist goverment or screaming mass media says.
    You sound like a Kremlin stooge right now, I hope you realize it.
    Populists (and "national socialists") look at the supposedly secret deals that run the world "behind the scenes". Child's play. Except that childishness is sinister in adults.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  15. #1375
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Spending time on some specific Russian webpages (and not only) leads to various interesting resources like maps with analytics, statistics, interesting Twitter posts (especially the propaganda ones), photos/videos, etc. Yeah, I have a reason to stand by what I said. Tells a lot when people mostly points fingers NOT at terrorist organization.
    Goodbye.
    Yes, that reason is called misinformation. You either don't know what's going on, or you have some personal reason that prevent you from facing reality.
    The reality of things however, doesn't change.

  16. #1376
    I think it was @Easo talking about Hamas being popular in Palestine. Almost 60% of Palestinians disapprove of their rule of Gaza. Hamas and Fatah will still get 35-40% of votes, but neither will have a majority. Moreover, Hamas are only even popular because they’re the ones offering resistance to the Israeli Government’s bullshit.

  17. #1377
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I think it was @Easo talking about Hamas being popular in Palestine. Almost 60% of Palestinians disapprove of their rule of Gaza. Hamas and Fatah will still get 35-40% of votes, but neither will have a majority. Moreover, Hamas are only even popular because they’re the ones offering resistance to the Israeli Government’s bullshit.
    There's also a lot of dislike for corruption within Fatah. Palestinian politics really is not a simple binary thing.


  18. #1378
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's also a lot of dislike for corruption within Fatah. Palestinian politics really is not a simple binary thing.
    In the case of Fatah vs hamas... it’s actually pretty simple, when you consider negotiating with Israel, US, Egypt and Jordan, towards a two state solution, was considered treason by hamas. Remember, unlike the Fatah position for a two state solution, hamas didn’t recognize Israel as a state. As in, they wanted a single state solution... as in, no Israel...

    The west favors Fatah for very obvious reasons... because accusations of corruption, by people murdering Fatah and their families, is dubious at best.

    Edit: Did a public execution of a Fatah leader’s two sons, count as corruption?
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-05-20 at 09:47 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  19. #1379
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's also a lot of dislike for corruption within Fatah. Palestinian politics really is not a simple binary thing.
    Agreed. I wanted to address it because folks like him and others that strawman in favour of the Israeli Government will say, ‘oh but Palestinians aren’t innocent since they support Hamas’. All the while forgetting that Netanyahu is super popular despite bombing innocent Palestinians for 11 days straight.

  20. #1380
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    24,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Agreed. I wanted to address it because folks like him and others that strawman in favour of the Israeli Government will say, ‘oh but Palestinians aren’t innocent since they support Hamas’. All the while forgetting that Netanyahu is super popular despite bombing innocent Palestinians for 11 days straight.
    I don't believe Netanyahu has ever publicly stated nor made it his official written policy to annihilate the Palestinians; where as Hamas has and is wildly popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •