Page 8 of 559 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Creating an enemy is like fascism 101, Mussolini and Goebbels taught them well.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is worrying is that the difference this time around is that it is spreading and this is causing regular people to starting acting on it.

You have extreme right Jewish groups going out of their way to go after Arabs and vice versa. It is important to know that the Syria "ISIS" recruitment drive used a lot what is happening to the Palestinians years ago, this is great recruitment time for both sides.

There is no faith in the government there and with netanyahu need for power he has been increasing investing in extreme right movements to keep himself afloat, i have no idea who they are going to send over there to broker some sort of Peace effectively and even if they do in west bank (?) is that really going to stop all the violence that is happening elsewhere?

At least i am glad a more moderate person is in the white house, what means the US won't just blindly go and prop up that far right government in the kibbet.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The disparity in force has grown to the point that it is no longer appropriate to call it a two sided conflict, tbh. What we’re seeing now much more resembles the situation in South Africa, as said - Israel has essentially become an apartheid regime.
    Disparity in power doesnt mean the palestenians are in the right . They are now paying the price for decades of genocidal war now matter how ineffective that war is. There should be a Morgenthau-plan for palestine to ensure the peace for the region.

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Disparity in power doesnt mean the palestenians are in the right . They are now paying the price for decades of genocidal war now matter how ineffective that war is. There should be a Morgenthau-plan for palestine to ensure the peace for the region.
    They're paying the price for the genocidal war that's being waged against them? Strange take.

Maybe the Israeli's shouldn't elect corrupt shitheads who stir up old land claims to distract from their impending removal from power.

10+ Year Old Account
    That region has been war torn for ten thousand years.

We have all these nukes that we need to get rid of, I say we turn the entire region into a wasteland and let the few irradiated mutants left over fight over the smoldering glass.

I'm so fucking sick of hearing about that shit hole. Constantinople didn't even go through this much war and savagery in its history.

"These people kill each other too much! I know, let's just kill them all before they can kill each other some more!"

Fuck off, scumbag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "These people kill each other too much! I know, let's just kill them all before they can kill each other some more!"

Fuck off, scumbag.
    No, we would let them evacuate and only the zealots would remain. Those are the ones we want to turn to crispy BBQ. Im sorry, does war hurt your delicate sensibilities?

5+ Year Old Account
    As a heads up, some warnings were added to the OP that will go into affect after this post. Most of the discussion hasn't done what's listed, but it's better to be preemptive so things don't spiral further.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Can't really blame Israel for defending itself against terrorists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Ah yes, the good ol nazi germany excuse for ethnic cleansing, your in good company. No wonder you oppose anti-fascism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    So you have no problem with Hamas trying to indiscriminately kill Israelis whenever they like with zero regard for civilian life, not to mention their rocket attacks always wind up aimed at civilians rather than military targets, but Israel can't do the same thing with better rocket technology since Hamas puts their military assets in civilian areas

Also, zero fight back just encourages the terrorists to keep doing the same crap. Ignoring the problem won't make it go away.
    I literally opened this thread saying that Hamas was in the wrong and repeated that a short while ago to try and forestall exactly this kind of horseshit.

The point is that if your response to terrorist attacks is to slaughter civilians and commit war crimes, you are not the good guys. You're not even the "better than they are" guys. Israel's government is creating more problems, and more unnecessary death, than Hamas is. That's simple data.

I also never suggested not "fighting back". Just not indiscriminate bombings that kill civilians. If you can't think of any other means but killing innocent people, you're part of the problem, because what you're doing is dehumanizing Palestinians to justify their slaughter, that they are of lesser value/importance than Israelis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Again, no one has a problem with the Iron Dome.

No one would raise concerns if an Israeli sniper took out a member of Hamas leadership, or IDF troops stormed in and took out a rocket launch site, in response to these attacks.

Concerns get raised when the response is to give Palestinian families literally moments to grab their shit and flee before air striking an entire multi-story building and turning it to rubble. Concerns get raised when said air strikes kill 16 children and more innocent civilians, and when that isn't even a new problem for Israeli responses, but just the continuation of their normal death tolls.

It's the same way we don't have a problem with you punching a guy who tries to punch you in the face. If you pull out your gun and shoot his wife and child in the face because he's hiding behind them, though, we're gonna have a fucking problem.

Palestinians do not have iron dome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disparity in power doesnt mean the palestenians are in the right.
    Take your shitty strawmen elsewhere please, I said no such thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Palestinians do not have iron dome.
    Also this. People bitching about Hamas' missile strikes like it's still 1967 and there's remote parity between the two are clowning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Take your shitty strawmen elsewhere please, I said no such thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this. People bitching about Hamas' missile strikes like it's still 1967 and there's remote parity between the two are clowning.
    I can’t think of a reason to not give Palestinians iron dome. It would deter violence from sparking due to Israeli brazenness and it would save lives. But no....

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Their militaries are different. However that's not the point, which is that only 1 side is using indiscriminate unguided weapons against cities. Also rich of Lavrov from Russia to complain. What would Russia do if Ukraine launched 1000 unguided missiles at Moscow lol. Did he forget barrel bombs from helicopters in Syria or just selective memory?

If Hamas uses rockets with at least enough accuracy to attack military targets, bases, etc. that's combat. Unguided rockets at cities is 100% terrorism. Their militaries having different tech levels doesn't give them a free pass to launch unguided missiles at civilian cities with schools, hospitals, day cares, etc. Using that very broken logic Israel should just cut defense spending way down, buy a bunch of cheap low-tech unguided Grads, and go to town against Khan Younis and that's ok.

Also, it's well-known that most of the weapons Hamas uses are from Iran directly or very assisted. An Israeli solider was killed by an Iranian ATGM from Hamas yesterday, absolutely not something that was built domestically in Gaza (even Iran had to copy the Kornet from Russia, it wasn't designed domestically even in Iran much less in Gaza). So that also throws that argument that terrorism is excusable 'because poor weapons' out the window when it's really Iranian weapons that Israel is fighting in most cases. If Iran had an anti-missile defense you'd see one magically 'domestically produced' by (ie built in Iran and flown to) Hamas before long.

The core issue really is still on Israel lighting the fire to all this in Jerusalem with the Sheikh Jarrah evictions. That ignited this which lead to the poorly thought out and terrible crackdown during prayers. All of that was wrong and caused the conflict to escalate into what it is now. Israeli courts can't be heavily siding on the Isreali side over Palestinians and let them take land at will with wacky interpretations by judges that they somehow own the land under Palestinian buildings. You have to get along with your neighbors even if you aren't friends. And this was the equivalent of taking a giant dump in your neighbor's yard, banging his wife, and then stealing his house. Of course justified Palestinian outrage was going to happen. This is a case where in a better world the UN would step-in, say wtf no Israel you can't do that to the Sheikh Jarrah evictions, and overrule it. But the UN being toothless has been a core issue for Palestinians for nearly a century.
    Last edited by Biglog; 2021-05-13 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I can’t think of a reason to not give Palestinians iron dome. It would deter violence from sparking due to Israeli brazenness and it would save lives. But no....
    There is a 0% chance of anyone doing that. It ain't cheap, and I have a feeling Israel has enough ammunition to overwhelm it, anyway.

Plus, Iron Dome is of Israel design. They sure as hell ain't giving those away. The only other country to supply something like that, would be US. And US would rather give Israel it's own orbital death laser, than give anything to Palestine that isn't thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-05-13 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    lmao the US would not stop Isreal from doing that.
    They've stopped it so far, otherwise I suspect this conflict would have been resolved in 67'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Read - Israeli airstrikes are starting to hurt us. Ground operation is next to clean up as much as possible and then this all will likely end for the next few years.
    My suspicion is that they are out of missiles or running low on them and are probably facing a serious strategic route. All over like eight families who either are outright squatting, or just staying beyond an expired lease because they didn't want to pay rent to a guy based on his ethnicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    They've stopped it so far, otherwise I suspect this conflict would have been resolved in 67'.
    Having an enemy makes it a lot easier for fascist regimes to stay in power it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Ah yes, the good ol nazi germany excuse for ethnic cleansing, your in good company. No wonder you oppose anti-fascism.
    How dare they defend themselves from terrorists! They're just like the nazis! You lot bring up nazism at any opportunity . Projecting perhaps?

I'm anti-fascist(stance), just not pro ANTIFA(group). Nice try though little guy.