Page 9 of 559 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Sure is a real head-scratcher. -_-

Nevermind that this started when, what, Israeli police attacked a mosque? Yeah, it's totally a mystery why they get the bad PR.
    also the recent court ruling, and all those viral vids of people admitting they're stealing the land and houses and why are you getting mad at me? if I don't steal your house then someone else will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    How dare they defend themselves from terrorists! They're just like the nazis! You lot bring up nazism at any opportunity . Projecting perhaps?

I'm anti-fascist(stance), just not pro ANTIFA(group). Nice try though little guy.
    Yeah, killing kids and leveling apartment buildings is clearly just killing terrorists.
    But you have fun siding with fascists, nobody here is expecting you to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Yeah, killing kids and leveling apartment buildings is clearly just killing terrorists.
    But you have fun siding with fascists, nobody here is expecting you to change that.
    Imagine thinking Israel is fascist. Smooth. Very smooth.
    Any other buzzwords for me there lil buddy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think any extreme nationalist that takes part in ethnic cleansing is fascist. Sorry that reality hurts your feelings so much.
    Always the problem with fascism, every policy is just based on 'feelings'.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Having an enemy makes it a lot easier for fascist regimes to stay in power it turns out.
    Have Hamas and the PLA ever declared a desire to annihilate the Israeli population? Like are you guys simply imagining that the last century of history didn't happen? Or even simple things like "Different ethnic and religious groups can also own land the same as us" being hotly contested?

Heck even though these tenants in these buildings were given their spots by the Jordanian Army because of the Jordanian policy (Still ongoing last I checked) that forbid Jews from owning property and don't recognize that as legitimate, Israeli courts honored their claim to be legal tenants anyway and told the Jewish owner he couldn't evict them on the simple condition that they pay rent and not wreck the building. Of which said tenants refused to do either leading to a multi-decade legal battle with only now, forty years after these court disputes began, these families finally being evicted. This, this specific event you guys are calling a Genocide and Ethnic Cleansing, some families who are outright squatting and have no lease even from the Jordanian army pre-67, and some who've refused to pay rent again because of the landlords ethnicity, are being evicted and you guys are portraying them as these sinless angels being genocided for .... *checks notes* refusing to pay rent because of the landlords race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

You mean the government that is practicing apartheid and ethnic cleansing?

Yeah, bunch of fucking fascists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Have Hamas and the PLA ever declared a desire to annihilate the Israeli population? Like are you guys simply imagining that the last century of history didn't happen? Or even simple things like "Different ethnic and religious groups can also own land the same as us" being hotly contested?

Heck even though these tenants in these buildings were given their spots by the Jordanian Army because of the Jordanian policy (Still ongoing last I checked) that forbid Jews from owning property and don't recognize that as legitimate Israeli courts honored their claim to be legal tenants anyway and told the Jewish owner he couldn't evict them on the simple condition that they pay rent and not wreck the building. Of which said tenants refused to do either leading to a multi-decade legal battle with only now, forty years after these court disputes began, these families finally being evicted. This, this specific event you guys are calling a Genocide and Ethnic Cleansing, some families who are outright squatting and have no lease even from the Jordanian army pre-67, and some who've refused to pay rent again because of the landlords ethnicity, are being evicted and you guys are portraying them as these sinless angels being genocided for .... *checks notes* refusing to pay rent because of the landlords race.
    Is that why you are on record supporting ethnic cleansing and apartheid?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean how you are ignoring all the ethnic cleansing and apartheid policies that Israel takes part in? That constantly taking away land from the west bank is somehow not racially charged?

And I really don't care they don't pay rent to Isreali landlords, that land was taken from them by Isreal in the first place.

No good guys to see here. The US really needs to find a reason to quit the mideast asap.

7+ Year Old Account
    You mean how you are ignoring all the ethnic cleansing and apartheid policies that Israel takes part in? That constantly taking away land from the west bank is somehow not racially charged?
    So I'm going to repeat this again:

Heck even though these tenants in these buildings were given their spots by the Jordanian Army because of the Jordanian policy (Still ongoing last I checked) that forbid Jews from owning property and don't recognize that as legitimate, Israeli courts honored their claim to be legal tenants anyway and told the Jewish owner he couldn't evict them on the simple condition that they pay rent and not wreck the building. Of which said tenants refused to do either leading to a multi-decade legal battle with only now, forty years after these court disputes began, these families finally being evicted. This, this specific event you guys are calling a Genocide and Ethnic Cleansing, some families who are outright squatting and have no lease even from the Jordanian army pre-67, and some who've refused to pay rent again because of the landlords ethnicity, are being evicted and you guys are portraying them as these sinless angels being genocided for .... *checks notes* refusing to pay rent because of the landlords race.

This is the actual incident that launched this bizarre conflict.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Both sides are in the wrong.

A more ideal solution would be a united state, but I'm betting that'll just be more problematic to try and resolve. A two-state solution is simpler and doesn't really solve anything long-term; it's just sending them both to their metaphorical rooms to think about what they've done.
    The simplest solution can be summed up by a Godzilla movie quote... "Let them fight." -Serizawa
    They'll either burn themselves out over it, or we'll have a definitive winner in the conflict, and we can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavey View Post
    The simplest solution can be summed up by a Godzilla movie quote... "Let them fight." -Serizawa They'll either burn themselves out over it, or we'll have a definitive winner in the conflict, and we can move on.
    Sure...until Israel uses nukes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm going to repeat this again:

This is the actual incident that launched this bizarre conflict.
    Again, that does not change my view. Isreal does not belong in east-Jerusalem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, that does not change my view. Isreal does not belong in east-Jerusalem.
    Do Jews have a legal right to own things in East Jerusalem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do Jews have a legal right to own things in East Jerusalem?
    Israel, the country, should not be in east-Jerusalem and its laws should have no power in it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Israel, the country, should not be in east-Jerusalem and its laws should have no power in it.
    Laws like, "Jews and Muslims equally can own land and must respect one another and someone having a different religion is not a justification for not paying them rent"? I mean, this is a pretty strong stance in favor of a ethnic hierarchy in who can and cannot own land or whose ability to own something aught be respected. That is the crux of this buildings dispute, the landlord is of a different race, and the tenants don't consider it his proper place to be over them. Sure this is the hill you want to be on?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Sure...until Israel uses nukes.
    I'm fine with that, it's like banning heel hooks, knee reaping in grappling competitions as they are dangerous, they are just tools.

i mean this is what you are talking about (NYT)

The Sheikh Jarrah families who have faced eviction are Palestinian refugees who were driven from their homes in Haifa and Jaffa during the 1948 war. Israel prevented refugees from returning to their cities, seized their homes and moved Jewish Israeli families in. In the 1950s, the Jordanian government, which controlled East Jerusalem until 1967, settled 28 refugee families in Sheikh Jarrah in coordination with the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East.

After the 1967 war, when Israel extended its occupation to the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza, Jewish settlers began making claims on the refugees’ houses in Sheikh Jarrah. The settlers have been relying on a 1970 Israeli law that allows Jewish people to reclaim properties their families owned in East Jerusalem before 1948.

In 2009, settlers began taking over some of the families’ homes in Sheikh Jarrah, displacing 53 refugees, including 20 children, under Israeli court order.
    should Israel allow them to return to their homes in Haifa and Jaffa and kick out the Israelis there?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with that, it's like banning heel hooks, knee reaping in grappling competitions as they are dangerous, they are just tools.
    At least your honest about your feelings for genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    The simplest solution can be summed up by a Godzilla movie quote... "Let them fight." -Serizawa
    They'll either burn themselves out over it, or we'll have a definitive winner in the conflict, and we can move on.
    I'd rather not just wait and watch.

While it often feels very pointless to try to get these people from killing each other, something they have done since forever, I'd rather not spark additional immigrant crises in the region. I'm fine with taking them in, but I'd rather they didn't have to leave their homes, countries and families in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    i mean this is what you are talking about (NYT)

should Israel allow them to return to their homes in Haifa and Jaffa and kick out the Israelis there?
    Given Israeli courts have been pretty good at honoring land titles even earned via an Antisemitic laws such as the Jordanian occupation; even granting these tenants the right to stay and declaring their leases valid even though they were forced onto the owner, I suspect if these families had proof they owned anything they probably could get an Israeli court to grant it to them.

But I suspect most of the claims of "That is mine" is a bit of a 'blood and soil' sort of claim and not a 'I have a deed to that!' kind of claim.