10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Those kids where clearly hamas.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://mobile.twitter.com/nirhasson...I-ij3bCinpJdOk

Just the Israeli army attacking activists for no reason again.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/nirhasson...I-ij3bCinpJdOk

Just the Israeli army attacking activists for no reason again.
    Is there a full video?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Is there a full video?
    Based on that short video, I'm going to presume it refers to this incident:
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-of...-with-censure/
    https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/id...n-hills-679758

It appears there is no fuller video.

IDF alleges attacks and attempted attacks prior to this. There is criticism that the responsible party was let off with just military censure. The military investigation decided that the use of tear gas and stun grenades was unwarranted.

Activists were preventing residents from entering and leaving their community, according to residents. The IDF investigation also claims that protestors refused to clear a traffic lane for settlers after being told verbally to disperse. There are accounts from activists denying they were blocking the road, or engaging in any violence, and residents saying they were stuck behind the protest unable to pass, and the weekly protests make them feel unsafe to leave their homes.

Biggest problem is all the videos show just resulting action, and incredibly little before or during.
    Last edited by tehdang; 2021-09-22 at 02:54 PM.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    IDF alleges
    They do that a lot.

Better question is why y'all believe them, rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    They do that a lot.

Either because they agree with them killing/suppressing Palestinians or because of the whole christian doomsday cult shit.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Biggest problem is all the videos show just resulting action, and incredibly little before or during.
    And that is the core of the problem, always have to have the full picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that is the core of the problem, always have to have the full picture.
    Lemme know when you start doing this as opposed to immediately accepting what the IDF alleges as fact. Rofl.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Lemme know when you start doing this as opposed to immediately accepting what the IDF alleges as fact. Rofl.
    Oh shut it. When you post things like these you have little grounds to argue, because you have already decided who is at fault without seeing everything.

They do that a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shut it. When you post things like these you have little grounds to argue, because you have already decided who is at fault without seeing everything.
    This takes me back to people bitching at me for not giving the South African government the benefit of the doubt. Lul.

He has plenty of grounds. Considering the IDF's willingness to mislead/lie about these things and your tendency to bootlick/excuse their wrong doing. An Israeli could kick a Palestinian child's puppy and you'd blame the child because it wasn't on a leash.

Waiting for sufficient evidence is always a good thing. But the problem is with apologists like you is that no matter how much evidence there is there's always one more piece that we need to wait for before we're allowed to form a negative opinion.

This takes me back to people bitching at me for not giving the South African government the benefit of the doubt. Lul.
    Or the dozens of other times he's said the same thing about the IDF. And then we got the evidence and he still blames the Palestinians after the IDF is shown to be lieing or at fault.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-09-23 at 12:55 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Or the dozens of other times he's said the same thing about the IDF. And then we got the evidence and he still blames the Palestinians after the IDF is shown to be lieing or at fault.
    You know the other telling thing? I can't actually recall a single person on this forum who advocates for more humane treatment of Palestinians try to justify Hamas' attacks or even support Hamas' existence. Compare to most if not all the people shilling for Israel who absolutely go out of their way to not only justify Israel's attacks on Palestine as necessary but also an eminent good.

It's very telling as to which side is actually concerned about the human cost and which side is simply using the human cost as a cudgel to push the Islamophobia that's become highly fashionable in Europe lately.

Ya'all are just the paragons of objectivity, I'm sure
    P.S.
    And now it is Islamophobia. So predictable...

P.S.
    is this you showing us your belly? in that you can't actually refute what people are saying but you have to make a show of it anyway?

and yeah, that's pretty much the only competent of this discussion that decides whose lives are worth more than others, religious affiliation.

every single Israeli killed is a tragedy.

dozens of Palestinian's killed is a statistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations on refuting something no one claimed. *slow clap*

P.S.
    Gee, maybe it's because the attitudes towards Palestinians in this thread are very clearly colored by bias, as evidenced by excusing Israel's acts of violence but not Hamas' as well as your constant conflation of Hamas with the Palestinian population at large to justify Israeli reprisal against civilians.

You know, just like American racists like to conflate every Mexican with the cartels to justify brutalizing immigrants and asylum seekers. Check yourself.

Elegiac has forgotten that Hamas did win the election back then, that they still have high support according to polls, enough to threaten PA position. It does not work like that, Elegiac. There are more than one or two Palestinians, who like Hamas actions. More than few thousand. More than hundred thousand (incoming screams asking for proof). Pretending that it is not true means choosing to be blind. No shit Abbas wants to delay elections as much as possible.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike you who is the poster child of unbiased right?

- - - Updated - - -

Elegiac has forgotten that Hamas did win the election back then, that they still have high support according to polls, enough to threaten PA position. It does not work like that, Elegiac. There are more than one or two Palestinians, who like Hamas actions. More than few thousand. More than hundred thousand (incoming screams asking for proof). Pretending that it is not true means choosing to be blind. No shit Abbas wants to delay elections as much as possible.
    When you treat a people like shit they tend to eventually fight back.

You can see the same thing happening here in America with minorities.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elegiac has forgotten that Hamas did win the election back then
    Just like you've forgotten this still doesn't make conflation of the two to justify civilian causalities either factual or acceptable in the same way conflating Americans with Biden or all Chinese with Winnie the Flu is neither factual nor acceptable.

Moreover, it's just you lot doing it, too: nobody's conflating Israel as a state with the entirety of its citizen body to justify Hamas attacks on civilians, nor are they conflating Israel with all Jewish people. (Except, ironically, the pro-Israel folks who insist criticizing Israel is a form of antisemitism).

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

When you treat a people like shit they tend to eventually fight back.
    Fantastic. Simply fantastic. Something something about time being a flat circle.