Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

I would like an expansion with just dungeons and raids

Think we will ever get it again?

No alternative power systems... not gimmick content like wf,visions, torghast, and isles...

Just dungeon and raids the wonderful bread and butter of wow...

Will we ever see it again?

I wouldn't mind more focus on those things but I think quality matters more than quantity. Take Wotlk for example, it had the most dungeons but I would say most of them are pretty average with a couple of them being among the weakest dungeons ever put into the game. Something like Legion had less dungeons but for the most part I would say the quality was a lot better.

When it comes to raids I was never a huge fan of the '1 boss' raids but I do acknowledge having at least 1 mini raid per expansion (like a Trial of Valor) does add some flavor and mixes things up a bit between the 8-12 boss raids.

Hopefully not, because I want to actually play the game and not just do the same dungeons and reclear the raid I've already progressed through for months. Since Legion the richness of world content has vastly improved and it is now a viable alternative for people who don't want to do high end pve/pvp, or just want to do something more after being done with those areas of the game.

Pre-Legion, the only thing non-pvers and non-pvpers had were hubs with daily quests that gave content for about 30 days tops. Not very interesting at all.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I think an expansion of dungeons and lots mini-raids would be awesome. You can have the ~10 main raid, but maybe like ToC you could have an arena setting raid where there are circulating set of bosses every week but on 2-3 are available every week. Thinks like VoA in Wrath are fun to hop in and pug through.

I think Legion was the best temporary power system they could ever hope to achieve and I think they need to scrap it for an expansion or two and try again. Get back to learning a talent row, or 1 new spell at max level, and just concentrate on the basics.

Truthfully this type of thinking is why I'm excited for TBC's endgame. With badges and raid attunes and the t4 mini-raids. Login and choose an activity that isn't time gated and go have fun. Grind if you want for something without feeling like you're missing out on something else. Help some friends do a heroic because you're not busy trying to keep up your other stuff they may have already done. Having less to do but having good classes will make people want to play more with friends or build friendships and guilds, and they have largely just focused on single player systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Hopefully not, because I want to actually play the game and not just do the same dungeons and reclear the raid I've already progressed through for months. Since Legion the richness of world content has vastly improved and it is now a viable alternative for people who don't want to do high end pve/pvp, or just want to do something more after being done with those areas of the game.

Pre-Legion, the only thing non-pvers and non-pvpers had were hubs with daily quests that gave content for about 30 days tops. Not very interesting at all.
    There is no world content in SL past a month either. And what exists is bad.

I don't think we should be asking for a removal of content that is in the game, but rather the separation of that content.

I think the period of time from Classic through Wrath is a good example of what I mean, although it really only has two main branches of endgame. Regardless, PvP and PvE were oftentimes very distant from each other in terms of what a casual/semi hardcore player would be willing to do. I hardly knew anybody who did both during this time frame, and, when somebody did, they often had two entirely separate characters for each different activity. I, myself for example, did not get into PvP until late Wrath, and I specifically leveled up a warrior to be my PvP only guy. I think the paradigm shifted with MoP when it became much easier to acquire PvP gear and much easier to swap specs between PvP and PvE.

What they need to do is just separate every aspect of the endgame and allow players to really dedicate their time into one area of expertise. Mythic Plus should drop the best gear for Mythic plus, raiding should drop the best gear for raiding, PvP should drop the best gear for PvP, and each one should take as much effort and dedication in order to acquire said items. They need to do something with the gear that makes it less usable/desirable for other forms of content. The game started to become less focused and more cluttered when raiders were needing to do dungeons and pvp in order to get their best gear and the same way around. It's dumb if the best pvp gear can be found in a raid potentially.

The content needs to stand on its own, but getting players to log in and play more by essentially forcing them to do content they are uninterested in shouldn't happen. I know nobody is "forcing" you to do anything in the game, but it can definitely feel that way if you want a realistic shot at doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    snip
    What an entitled little complain.

You -do- get raids and dungeons every expansion. Yet anything else (that other people may like), should be gone?

What an absurd complaint, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

You -do- get raids and dungeons every expansion. Yet anything else (that other people may like), should be gone?

I just think more bread and butter would make a better expansion then wasting time on making one or two turd sandwiches with it.

I would hate to see all the post from the "we have been in the same raid for months" bandwagon if we are in the same raid for a full expansion.

Then there is the "stop turning WoW into Diablo" bandwagon that would complain running the same dungeon or raid for the millionth time is just rifts.

Doubt it, there is no hook to the expansion if that's the case.

For me one of the things I look forward to is the new stuff.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Think we will ever get it again?

No alternative power systems... not gimmick content like wf,visions, torghast, and isles...

Just dungeon and raids the wonderful bread and butter of wow...

Will we ever see it again?
    Honestly every expanion has those, and they're rarely interesting for longer than a month or two, so i think you're not sufficiently crediting the amount of importance that the open world has. I mean it's the WORLD part of World of Warcraft that sets it apart from i.e. moba's and dungeoncrawlers.

And pvp also still exists, having greater inherent replayability due to the human component.

A little bit of gimmick content is fine, but the way it has come to the forefront and "infected" the core gameplay / rpg systems us not.

Also some of the newer systems may prove good enough to be up for repetition, i mean personally i greatly enjoyed Visions, and as i resubbed only on the last patch of WoD the garrison seemed fine to me too.

Honestly to me it seems they keep trying to stratify the good things of certain expansions, trying to boil them down to their essence for succesful reinclusion in later iterations, but often failing and ruining it in the process.
    Their attempts at professionalism may be ruining the quality of their product;
    "When scholars study a thing, they strive to kill it first, if it's alive; then they have the parts and they've lost the whole, for the link that's missing was the living soul."
    Last edited by loras; 2021-05-12 at 03:44 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

What complaint? He was stating his opinion on what he would like.

warlords had nothing to do but raid, sure will work better this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    warlords had nothing to do but raid, sure will work better this time...
    Think warlords without a garrison or treasures just more dungeons and raids and yeah I personally would love that.

Though I low key think WoD still has the best leveling experience seen in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, I would prefer if they take a system (like the Artifact weapon) and stick with it for more than one expansion and just expand it.

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree that WoD had a really nice lvling experience, the rares were cool as you knew they could drop something nice even if it was just a toy

Do you mean that they should cut all other content so they can make a lot more dungeons and raids? If so, I'd be for it. Levelling is over in hours and doesn't justify the time they put into designing it, and the secondary content they design usually mostly just negatively influences the game.

At least they are somewhat competent in designing dungeons and raids so the safe card would be to focus more heavy in that area.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they will switch to that model eventually
    most profitable for everyone

Why would they do this? Raiders are a minority. They could as well just stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    People were mad after blizz took away all the insane amount of abilities we had, then people complained the game was too cookie cutter

People were mad after legion came out because content was released too quickly.. then they changed that up in BFA and people got mad because they didnt release enough content

I think people need to make up their own mind what they want to push because this is getting ridiculous
    Last edited by dacoolist; 2021-05-12 at 04:09 PM.

Think warlords without a garrison or treasures just more dungeons and raids and yeah I personally would love that.
    craploads of people were leaving wod since begining bcs there was nothing to do in the world, removing treasures would make that probably a bit faster...
    so to answer your original question, no i dont think blizzard will ever make expansion that would almost certainly lead to incredible outflow of players...

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah, leveling and the world was great in WOD, there was just no reason to go there after hiting cap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Do you mean that they should cut all other content so they can make a lot more dungeons and raids? If so, I'd be for it. Levelling is over in hours and doesn't justify the time they put into designing it, and the secondary content they design usually mostly just negatively influences the game.

At least they are somewhat competent in designing dungeons and raids so the safe card would be to focus more heavy in that area.
    so technicaly you want lobby game with dungeons and raids... seems like wow is not really a game for you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I hope they will switch to that model eventually
    most profitable for everyone
    by "everyone" you mean raiders right?
    bcs everyone else would have LESS things to do... and a lot of people would leave like they did in wod bcs there was nothing to do in the world, so less profit for blizz... but sure, raiders would have great time...