Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Wanted to swap my Druid to Necrolord for some better attempts at PvP, I was already on the path to go Kyrian from awhile back so had to finish that 100% quest, and now I'm waiting another reset before I can then do the 100% quest for Necrolord, to then wait another week to do the quest again to finally become Necrolord..

Does anyone else find this an extremely irritating system? I have to wait 2 resets before I can start the 40 renown grind as Necro... until then I have to chill as a Kyrian for 2 weeks, yay... I've legit just afk'd my Druid until reset now.
    Are you just kidding me. You are the exact same guy from this thread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...8#post53182068

writing style, same thread kind of thread title etc. You are just making i am angry at the system posts. Hell even the pvp part was the same. But only for mage.
    Nope its not bad. Its to stop easy switching over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yes I agree there are differences in the rewards, but both are a system you are expected to commit to, to some extent, and swapping your "loyalty" from one to the other incurs some negatives. I genuinely dont remember all the rewards for A/S, but I seem to remember it being gems or patterns? I could be wrong, but at the time, it was considered quite an important decision, at least to some players.

I like to think that the covenant system would have been far more positively received if all the rewards were cosmetic only, with the abilities just being talents - maybe a special final row where you can pick one, but i think that is wishful thinking.
    It might be considering how much most of the covenants suck in terms of cosmetic rewards. I get that what you think looks cool comes down to taste but man outside of maybe the vyth mail set I can't see myself mogging any part of the sets.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Then by all means provide a well articulated response as to why it is not similar.
    1. Covenants: Four factions that construct the major narrative of the game. Your entire character progression in terms of power, story, cosmetics, and collectibles is tied to them. You can't play the game without choosing one. The power curve they provide vs not having a covenant is drastic. The power levels they provide have strong variations among themselves. Some are clearly further ahead than others and have better synergies with your class specc. Vastly different effects between speccs of one class / different roles. Subject to volatile tuning that might shift the power balance any major patch. Secondary power level progression in the form of conduits and soulbinds, both of which provide scaling and regularly updated power gains that grow with you for the entirety of the expansion. Covenants also dictate your hub in one one of the 4 different zones and have vast thematic differences.

2. Aldor/Scryer : Two additional factions that are in conflict with each other. Provide equal rewards with slight nuances in stat distribution. Award rep gated gear that is similar in power and has no scaling factor tied to it. Only benefit in switching between the two would be said minor stat redistribution and a different hearth hub in the same city. Largely "grind and forget", no additional scaling, no future updates, comparatively minor, non-interactive power gain.

I bet there is even more stuff that makes the differences more drastic. They are not even in the same ballpark. I can't believe I even devoted the time to basically explain someone that a turd smells worse than stale bread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Would they though?

As a Holy Paladin I'd likely run Venthyr for Raids and Kyrian for Keys, but on push weeks I might take Venthyr if I feel healing will be light.
    For Torghast as Ret I'd probably run Necrolord for the free cleave.
    For dailies / soloing old content I'd probably take Night Fae for Soulshape movement.

I have no idea what class/spec you play or at what level. Perhaps you're among the lucky few whose class has reasonably balanced covenants, or perhaps your BiS aligned with your "meaningful choice" anyway.

Covenant might give you the option of being less Homogenous, but the real world data indicates very few took that option... and how many of those characters aren't just throwaway alts?
    Schwarzkopf only plays arcane, because he physically can't play the other speccs due to unfortunate health issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Because it's not supposed to be something that you do regularly. Covenant switching exists in case someone chooses the wrong one, or ends up not enjoying the one they picked. Covenants are supposed to be semi permanent and you are only allowed to change them to avoid people being trapped in one they dislike. They are not intended to be switched on weekly basis.

There, explained it for you.
    So your explanation is that blizzard wants it to be that way and that should be sufficient. Very fun and smart guy.

I picked covenant because of the flavour. I am happy with it and i won't change it. Its not meta for my class but i will stick with it.

OP same as all ppl on this forum can do the same. You are not top player in the world. It doesnt matter what covenant you have and you definitely dont need to change it for performance reasons.

Top players change covenants and dont complain.
    Average players change it and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Antontein View Post
    I picked covenant because of the flavour. I am happy with it and i won't change it. Its not meta for my class but i will stick with it.

OP same as all ppl on this forum can do the same. You are not top player in the world. It doesnt matter what covenant you have and you definitely dont need to change it for performance reasons.

Top players change covenants and dont complain.
    Average players change it and complain.
    The problem with your terrible argument is " I don't care isn't an argument"

As for top player... your definition is far to ridged. I highly doubt any guild will let you into mythic past the first six bosses without an optimized character. Sure they might sell you a carry but why would they bother taking you?

If covenants were just cosmetic it solves the majority of their issues.