Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't put too much hope into this if you are thinking an MMO or RPG as you are used to seeing from Blizzard.

To put it bluntly i fully expect their first games to be mobile based.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    This is the most accurate post that will be made in this thread.

The remainder of it will be a bunch of rational people saying "let's wait until they actually have something to show us before we discuss what the outcome might be" and a much larger bunch of people who have never had jobs beyond working in a restaurant or a retail store talking about how it's such an "indictment" on Blizzard as a company that there are people who used to work there now starting their own new studios, as if normal people don't leave their jobs and work for their original employer's competitors all the time with no ill will from any of the parties involved.

If a significant portion of your life revolves around either posting negative news on a video game forum or commenting on negative news on a video game forum, and you derive some level of enjoyment from watching a video game company that employs many thousands of people "fail", I implore you to re-evaluate your priorities as soon as possible.
    People leave gaming companies every day to no fanfare. Most people are with one game developer for 3 years on average. Guys that have stayed with one developer for 20+ years is unheard of. Of course being pressured to make more games faster than they were used to got under their skin. And those that profited the most and could afford to leave did. This is really a nothingburger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Is this the fourth studio by Blizzard exes? Either way, there is always room for good games if they can make them.

Two different thoughts on this:

1. What will the corporations that own the old great studios do when the talent that made them great all leaves? Fifa, sports games and Call of Duty until forever?

2. Why do some people think that if a developer made a successful title/franchise, they will keep springing new successful ones over and over? If anything, very rare in entertainment for anyone to keep creating new hits.
    1, why do people believe that no talented or visionary peoples can ever replace old talent?

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    1, why do people believe that no talented or visionary peoples can ever replace old talent?
    That's true, but there is no conveyer belt for talent, nor a formula to discover or create it. Those once-great studios that fade one by one achieved it without corporate mechanisms. We've seen for example the products of the great modern people in BioWare whose talent to post woke messages exceeds their game development talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Just wanna say this..

See this? The original creator of Megaman broke away from Capcom to make...THAT
    there was SO much hype around it
    "Oh look He will fix what Capcom fucked up"
    "Finally someone looking out for us!"

What did we get? I'll let reviews speak for itself on that. He even promised us a spiritual successor to bring back Megaman Legends in Red Ash that will probably not happen.

Oh lets not forget when the Sonic Team guy left Sega to join Square..Oh good maybe we can realize his vision..

we got

Just saying these don't always turn out...
    Yeah, i'm pretty much convinced all they will show us, how good Blizzard games were still. I'm open to some of these delivering decent games, but i won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    That's true, but there is no conveyer belt for talent, nor a formula to discover or create it. Those once-great studios that fade one by one achieved it without corporate mechanisms. We've seen for example the products of the great modern people in BioWare whose talent to post woke messages exceeds their game development talents.
    Right, but Diablo came from outside the studio, albeit, it became the great game due to insight from the OG like making it real time combat and adding MP. WoW was made great and better(IMO) in part due to EQ players, Gregg Street, and Ion that joined the team, HS was from people not part of the OG.

If we only relied on the OG of gaming development, then no new games would ever be good unless they had a hand in them. Which just isn't the case. Of course there is no guarantee the next guys in line will deliver but assuming no one can succeed post them is a baffling concept.

competition is good, lets see what they will produce!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sick of announcements for Companies being made. Why the fuck should literally anyone care about a company until it produces a finished product.

I'll cheer when one of these "ex-Blizz" dev companies actually makes a good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for their new small-scale RPG with a top down view and possibly pixel art!!

Still waiting for the great Rob Pardo to release or announce ANYTHING..
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    So we can expect one more announcement.

Dreamheaven, Lightforge Games, One More Game and Raid Base make partnership. For what purpose... Idk and i do not care.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dreamha...nd-raid-322398