Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You are correct. Loosing progress as in you loose your progress in Classic if you don't buy copy but want to progress your character in TBC. I have few guildies who are "soft" forced to buy copy, one has AQ mount and another has Naxx staff. And I am not saying it should all be free, but 35$ a character? That is ridiculous.
    This is silliness on a whole other level. They arent "soft forced". Why in the world are people cloning to classic? its not like they are merging all servers down to 1 pvp and 1 pve server. Its literally "Incendius-Classic" or whatever server you are on. There arent going to be many people that even take this route. Every one of those classic servers will be dead as shit. Its a waste of money. The only reason to do it is for PvP here and there. Give it 2-3 months and those servers are gone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    This is silliness on a whole other level. They arent "soft forced". Why in the world are people cloning to classic? its not like they are merging all servers down to 1 pvp and 1 pve server. Its literally "Incendius-Classic" or whatever server you are on. There arent going to be many people that even take this route. Every one of those classic servers will be dead as shit. Its a waste of money. The only reason to do it is for PvP here and there. Give it 2-3 months and those servers are gone lol.
    Because some people still want to play classic? How is that hard to comprehend?

There are already a few other live service games that have entered or are entering their twilight years and basically the model is = you have less players overall, but you can extract more $ from the remaining hardcore niche. Blizzard knows this and WoW will follow the same pattern.

The people outraged at the warp stalker mount need to go look at EverQuest and see what's available on their TLP cash shop. That's WoW's future.

To do what? For how long?

Why do you think the servers gates content release? You see how people
    Complain of content drought? Gonna sit there at 60 doing nothing forever? That is sure to have classic last a lifetime... wonder why they didn’t just do that back when the game Launched before TBC— boy have they wasted time developing anything when all everyone wanted was to just sit at a nax clear each week forever

Lol

I’m just here looking at hobos arguing over a dumpster fire about the price of meth. #getclean.quitwow

Almost every single Classic player want to continue on their main character. So you can assume that atleast 7 or 8 out of the 10 will feel obligated to do this transfer. Blizzard knows this and make good use of that. They know they can't ask a box price for a game that came out 9 years ago and try to compensate with an almost obligated transferprice. Say what you want but this is just a box price in disguise. It's the sneaky steps around it that makes it even more greedy. Give people one transfer for free and after that ask whatever you want.

These are retail zoomer takes that just because TBC is the fresh new thing there is no way people would want to go back to classic. (Even though people did, thats why they released Classic in the firat place). People assume that classic players ony sit on their level 60s, meanwhile leveling is a huge part of the gamr compared to tbc

So many differences that retailers dont think about the possibility of people wanting to keep playing classic.

No flying, no blood elves and pallies on horde, azeroth, class changes (warriors and mages will miss it)
    Last edited by Olololo2r5; 2021-05-13 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, my heart fair bleeds for those "psychologically pressured" and fallen victim to a "predatory" company. In a video game no less. How do they survive in the reak world?

But yeah...ofc it is never about keeping your wallet shut and not forking out for every temptation...it is about those 0,1% poor souls that no-lifed the game for a virtual mount in a contained, nostalgic version of the game.

As far as I am concerned, they should not have offered a character copy at all - but hey, we would just have a different crowd crying over that and how they would pay any price to be able to copy a character.

As for the fresh air of Classic? Sure..no promo..all they did was charge you 15$ a month to play a game that you already paid and played for 16 years ago.

And..since you are so disgusted, I sure hope you are not giving Blizzard any money and found a good clean company that respects their customers. But I suppose something beyond your control still forks it over every month.
    A lot of words to literally say nothing.
    Cliché of "how they survive IRL"
    Should have not offered character copy? I mean it's really really really obvious that there were people who are not even intending to play TBC aka why TBC privates were not that popular while classic was.
    You got retail+classic for that and what's wrong with playing old games and re-progressing that? If you level an alt in retail you are basically doing the same.
    And obviously I knew this was coming from first sentence of yours - "i HopE yOu doNt giVE yOuR MonEy tO tHeM" it is possible to like aspects of the game or play the game for the community but still be critical of it's decisions. WoW is still by far the best game for high end PvE and fluid combat and the fact that I am subbed doesn't prevent me from criticism towards Blizzard or design decisions.

You are too cynical to even try to comprehend that so w/e.

You have the choice of staying on Classic, or going TBC. For Free.

You only have to pay for a duplicate on the opposing one... and who in their right mind would pay to have the -SAME CHARACTER- on two different games, one of which will become instantly obsolete.

It's a choice. Anyone that can pay the fee, and really sees the benefit of having duplicate characters on different games, for different purposes, go for it. The possibility is there.

I'm pretty sure the absolute vast majority of the playerbase doesn't care about the duplicates, won't use it, even if it would be free. They either want to stay, or want to go. Having, again, THE SAME CHAR TWICE, is just silly, but the choice is there for those who want it.

Shit, Blizzard going the 'hard' way and maintaining both versions for those interested, when they could just make every classic realm a TBC realm, kill classic (until a further reboot), and people would be happier, i guess?

(That said, 35$ is a steep value, but same reasoning goes, even if it was 5$, or 50$).

10+ Year Old Account
    the worst thing is that you only copy a snapshot....lol
    so if you want to copy your character in 5 years you'll have only the choice of the snapshot of 2021
    what a joke

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Also: I have a great solution to this! I just don't spend 35$ on that service. That is my way of telling them what I think about it.
    Mind

blown

Is this possible? Wow!

I am leveling a blood elf. For free! Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    People assume that classic players ony sit on their level 60s, meanwhile leveling is a huge part of the gamr compared to tbc
    then why you want to clone character thats already leveled?

imo it should be free for release and a little while after but then have a fee. 35 is too steep. Thing is if it didnt cost money they would have just basically double the number of bots at no cost

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Transfering IS free.

The cost is for CLONING your character.
    exactly, I just cannot see any reason at all to play classic the second BC releases anyway its Classic, but 10000% better in every way. Not to mention the Best WOW ever was.

3+ Year Old Account
    Seems like people still don't understand that transferring your character to the TBC server is indeed free. You only have to pay the $35 for the character to remain in vanilla classic and a copy to be made for TBC Classic.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    There are already a few other live service games that have entered or are entering their twilight years and basically the model is = you have less players overall, but you can extract more $ from the remaining hardcore niche. Blizzard knows this and WoW will follow the same pattern.

The people outraged at the warp stalker mount need to go look at EverQuest and see what's available on their TLP cash shop. That's WoW's future.
    They started to add over priced services all the way back in 2008 or so with the 30$ Faction changes and then store mounts
    Like the star horse.

This is them just following the same formula From back then not starting a new one because they are trying to ring a smaller
    Player base for cash.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post

To do what? For how long?

Why do you think the servers gates content release? You see how people
    Complain of content drought? Gonna sit there at 60 doing nothing forever? That is sure to have classic last a lifetime... wonder why they didn’t just do that back when the game Launched before TBC— boy have they wasted time developing anything when all everyone wanted was to just sit at a nax clear each week forever

Lol
    Can I ask, why do you think classic was released?
    I think it's very obvious.
    Fresh progression servers is a obvious answer. I mean I don't know the reasoning why we don't have that yet or why we don't have NEW TBC servers, but I assume it's for financial gain, not for the players.

This is why I am glad I switched to a pserver, done with all these absurd costs.

Why are so many people arguing over the concept and not that simply $35 is way to damned much?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Why are so many people arguing over the concept and not that simply $35 is way to damned much?
    This is true. Most of people I know would be ok with 10 or 15 tops, but 35$ ? What.