Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there a price for optional features that would be unacceptable?

If $35 is an acceptable price to play a character you already leveled in a different era... Is there any price that wouldn't be?

Would people still defend this shitty moneygrab if it was $100?

Would everyone admit paid mounts are dumb if they put out a shiny glittering one for $250? Or like, if they came in randomized loot boxes?

Where is the line? Why can't we just say "yeah, the fact that theyre charging money for something like this is kinda dickish"? Why defend it just because it's optional? The entire game is optional, does that mean jacking the subscription price would be just fine because hurr durr dont buy it if you dont like it?

Offering the clone service by itself is really bad, the game would be better off without it.

Setting a high charge on the service is just damage control.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    If $35 is an acceptable price to play a character you already leveled in a different era... Is there any price that wouldn't be?

Would everyone admit paid mounts are dumb if they put out a shiny glittering one for $250? Or like, if they came in randomized loot boxes?

Where is the line? Why can't we just say "yeah, the fact that theyre charging money for something like this is kinda dickish"? Why defend it just because it's optional? The entire game is optional, does that mean jacking the subscription price would be just fine because hurr durr dont buy it if you dont like it?
    The "line" that you are speaking of is the line after which no one is buying the thing anymore, or at least not enough people to make the price make sense and be profitable. So yes, in essence, basically just vote with your wallet. If it turns out that not many people bought the cloning service, they will probably lower the price by a lot for Wrath Classic and potentially on similar such services in the future. If people are spending the 35$ en masse, then apparently that means it's not too high of a price.

Also, newsflash: some of the TCG mounts are traded for like 5000$. No one is crying about it, because it's not Blizzard monetizing it but some random dudes. These are still cosmetics in a game that cost more than cars and some people's houses.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

The problem is you want everyone to admit something that is entirely subjective based on one's own finances. That's never going to happen

Also I'd wager most are just apathetic and couldn't care less what people spend their own money on, but are annoyed at the amount of threads talking about what is, at the end of the day. an optional purchase.

Not sure what you want out of this thread that hasn't been talked about in the many others.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Only on subjective levels. So the answer is... it's up to you. Anyone can sell and monetize exactly how they want and you as a consumer can just not pay it if you don't want to. If enough people don't pay the price will lower or they won't monetize like that anymore etc etc.

Not sure what kind of answer you want from this.
    35$ is unacceptable but 34$ is? Or maybe 25$ is acceptable and 26$ isn't?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

So, you're subbed... and get a free expansion.

BUT there's an optional choice to clone your character and keep that playing as well on a pre-expansion version, which costs the same as an expansion would have?

People are interesting. Example:

I will never pay $ 35 to be able to test TBC with a clone.
    I would pay $ 350 to see my Hunter with my Rogue's xmog.

Interesting ... right?

You get to play each char for free in either of the versions.

Profits aside, which I doubt will be high from this feature, there needs to be a limitation on what happens to the resources that people gathered. A very large number will move on, without the price tag they will be able to leave their resources behind.

It's called a subscription fee, you already pay it.

This is supposed to be a premium game, not cash grab mobile game from the play store.

Agreed, blizz should've jsut moved onto bc in classic and offered no option to stay in vanilla. Keep it the way it was originally and force people to move onto new content.

/s

Didn't you sign up for vanilla when you started classic, how are you even entitled to bc, wotlk, cata etc.? Would you be complaining if blizz never offered those expansions in classic?

Or should I be pissed as well thati can't roll back my current retail characters to their pre bc iterations cause hur dur I'm entitled to the same privileges as people whove been playing classic the past 2 years?

didnt someone pay 20k USD for red dagger in CS? that should give you idea...

as long as its completely optional and doesnt give any kind of advantage i dont care if it cost milion, if someone is stupid enough to buy it thats his problem...

This terrible cash grab that is pretty much a level boast at a much lower price and depending on your effort could be top geared, MAN THAT GREEDY BLIZZARD, giving you options you never had in the past!

If you dont like it, dont buy it, and stop clogging the boards with this same stupid ass topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    didnt someone pay 20k USD for red dagger in CS? that should give you idea...

as long as its completely optional and doesnt give any kind of advantage i dont care if it cost milion, if someone is stupid enough to buy it thats his problem...
    "someone stupid"

Dude, where there is passion ... there will be "someone stupid".

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, money is subjective and your thread is dumb.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

'Anything under $5 must be worthless.'
    'Anything over $10 must be overpriced.'

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    "someone stupid"

Dude, where there is passion ... there will be "someone stupid".
    well... i love LOTR and have quite a lot of collectibles... few days ago e-shop in my country got statue of cave troll, for 1400e and i just laughed at it, as its more expensive than my whole collection at some point, it stops being passion and starts being stupidity
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-05-13 at 07:18 PM.

We can rage all we want. MTX is here to stay. I am rather happy wow is quite tame compared to other MMOs. Services are fine imho. If they are free people would jump around like pinballs. Not existend is also stupid.

I don't give a fuck about the mounts because i don't see them much. But i can understand wyh people are put off by it.
    Transmog would be the next step. and a step where i seriously have to consider if i would stay. Stuff like Mogry Station are a nogo for me.

Isn't this backwards? I thought your character moves to BC automatically and cloning it makes a copy that stays on a new Vanilla Classic server.

Because something is either worth the price or it isn't. I am willing to either pay that price or I'm not. If I'm not, then I simply don't. If it impedes my enjoyment of the game I just stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Isn't this backwards? I thought your character moves to BC automatically and cloning it makes a copy that stays on a new Vanilla Classic server.
    afaik when you log in character after tbc release you get choice where you want your char to go, and thats where it will be, if you use clone it will be on the other too, but you can choose if you want your char to stay on realm and move to tbc or be transfered to vanila realm, either choice is free, if you want BOTH you have to pay