Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ...
32
40
41
42
  1. #821
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    55,203
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    people who divorce usually re-marry - diluting the wealth accumulated by themselves and previous generations instead acummulating.
    No.

    1) The accumulation of wealth over generations has been a phenomenon almost entirely restricted to the rich since wealth has has historically meant land.
    2) The existence of intergenerational poverty prior to the divorce rate climbing.
    3) The increase in the divorce rate seems to be plateauing as people get married later in life and build more stable marriages as a result.
    4) Your nonsense about "inherited wealth being diluted" also doesn't jive with the fact the birth rate has been declining.

    You're making shit up.
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

  2. #822
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    some of you people live in your own world ignoring whole history of human civilisation i mean - its must be nice being so oblivious to facts but this makes your opinions completly meaningless.
    Right back at you, Mr "I'll never leave my socialist protective country."
    Which is probably just as well. If you lived here for a few years...without your family's help, you'd run back home at the first opportunity.

  3. #823
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,848
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    some of you people live in your own world ignoring whole history of human civilisation

    i mean - its must be nice being so oblivious to facts but this makes your opinions completly meaningless.
    You're not speaking about facts. You're pushing abject nonsense. The Western world is not collapsing. Parts of the East are catching up, but that's how developing countries become developed countries; they aren't surpassing anyone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    people who divorce usually re-marry - diluting the wealth accumulated by themselves and previous generations instead acummulating.
    This cannot "dilute wealth". Mathematically, it can't, because you're pointing to multiple relationships in one generation aand pretending that will reduce wealth passed down toto the next generation.

    You should be looking at birth rates, because splitting inheritances more ways would actually produce what you claim, if inheritances were.all that mattered. But that data contradicts your theory directly, as most developed nations have sub-replacement birth rates.


  4. #824
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,981
    "Sorry we are closed nobody wants to work here anymore due to government handouts"
    Good. Hopefully, every place that posted this collapses on their broken kneecaps. If you can barely afford to keep the doors open, maybe look within.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  5. #825
    Celebrating people losing jobs and businesses closing how sad people are.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  6. #826
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    Celebrating people losing jobs and businesses closing how sad people are.
    I don't think anyone is losing their jobs, they are quitting because people treated them like shit, like dumbasses not wanting to be forced to wear masks, or they were quitting like my friend did because of dangerous work conditions because of dumbasses not wanting to wear masks. And if businesses are closing because people are tired of being treated like shit, and getting shit wages, maybe they should pay more.

  7. #827
    I am Murloc! Noxx79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas. Yes, THAT Kansas.
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    Celebrating people losing jobs and businesses closing how sad people are.
    Celebrating people unable live due to shitty pay, and employers putting them in danger. How sad people are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •