Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The only reason i like those mount is because not everyone has them. Most of them don't even look that good. If everyone has it the mount looses all value for me.

If i would go for looks i would probably buy the feydragon or another storemount and use that, as these are all unique mounts with special animations. But i don't because i think it is stupid to buy stuff like that for real money.
    I haven't got invincible yet after nearly idk how many years of farming.

I couldn't care less if the entire WoW community gets it as long as I do to. Why would people even care about rarity? You either want somthing you like, or don't. Who cares about what other people think?

It's RNG. Doesn't make you special, or even show how devoted you were because people can get it on first try.

1000 tries you say? Think about all that REAL world money keeping you subscription alive so you can farm ICC for another week, and not progressing current content?

You can already buy some with BMAH for gold/real money made into ingame gold, so I really don't see the difference.

The REAL problem isn't the money for mounts....it's the no BLP that makes you run 5 xpacs old content for no reward.

Considering legacy is currently broken I finally managed to break the habit and leave WoW. Buying the few rares I'm still missing for gold or even real money might have been a good option.

You realy shouldn't be mad if someone pays money for an outdated content mount, which he might not get LUCKY to get, as oppose to buying current content carries which is way worse

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I haven't got invincible yet after nearly idk how many years of farming.

I couldn't care less if the entire WoW community gets it as long as I do to. Why would people even care about rarity? You either want somthing you like, or don't. Who cares about what other people think?

It's RNG. Doesn't make you special, or even show how devoted you were because people can get it on first try.

1000 tries you say? Think about all that REAL world money keeping you subscription alive so you can farm ICC for another week, and not progressing current content?

You can already buy some with BMAH for gold/real money made into ingame gold, so I really don't see the difference.

The REAL problem isn't the money for mounts....it's the no BLP that makes you run 5 xpacs old content for no reward.

Considering legacy is currently broken I finally managed to break the habit and leave WoW. Buying the few rares I'm still missing for gold or even real money might have been a good option.

You realy shouldn't be mad if someone pays money for an outdated content mount, which he might not get LUCKY to get, as oppose to buying current content carries which is way worse

I would prefer a lame mount that almost no one has over a badass mount that everyone has.

Rarity is part what goes into making these mount specials. Like you said "You either want you something like, or don't." People like rare things. Rare things shouldn't be made less rare, because someone is unlucky. That is literally the point of a 1% drop chance mount and changing it would be horrible for the game. Equally as awful selling full Mythic gear from the current tier.

Also legacy content is fixed now, the scaling is normalized again. At least for Legion, not sure about the other Expansions since I have all those mounts, but if Legion is where it should've been 6 months ago I'm assuming the others are.

The forums would be opissed. We'd have a china syndrome on our hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    opposed, however I would be in favor of purchasing "removed" content like mounts and since many would to I think they will do it one day because they are a business

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    opposed, however I would be in favor of purchasing "removed" content like mounts and since many would to I think they will do it one day because they are a business
    Just add them to the black market.

You can already do that with BMAH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Right..guess that is the Vulpine familiar - though I think this is now available if you are Night fae...in a variation.

I think the only in game mount that annoys me now it the spider...since it cost 2 million to buy...but since they eventually put that into the game in a variation, I expect to see a brutosaur mount one day.
    I hope so too. Could never afford it and making gold has never been my forte, although I have never really been poor either.

I would be highly opposed. They should however add some sort of BLP in.

Not sure why so many are against it, first there is no value to % drops you can farm and to things you can buy. If players would pay for that, who cares?
    They did not put in the game time, so I doubt even the buyers will see a value after the purchase, there is simply no memory connected with the item.

Nobody really cares about other peoples stuff, the only value there is, is the hopefully postive playtime you spend for earning/getting the items you wanted. Thats the only value there is.

-

No one should be opposed, it already exists.

Opposed unless it happens for a super limited time that is random and comes as a surprise that would make it feel similar to being lucky if it drops.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    The black market action house has removed mounts already.. it also has low drop rate as well
    Cant u get them from chest?

Blizzard would never do this. People stay subscribed to farm mounts - there are people out there who've been soloing instances like Tempest Keep every week for years at a time. Selling those mounts would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'd be opposed to it.
    The big appeal of those mounts is their rarity, letting people buy them would remove that.

And I'm saying that as someone who *STILL* doesn't have Invincible after 1000 attempts or more
    I’ve always thought the whole “rarity makes it better” angle is just silly when talking about cosmetics like this. Especially for these old, easy to farm mounts.

I wish I could have given you one of my 3 Invincible drops, but you’re almost certainly in the minority of people who actually care about those kinds of mounts if you’ve tried over a few dozen times and still not gotten it. There are so many people out there with that mount (and other similar ones like Ashes, etc) who don’t even use them. Do all those people make the mount more or less desirable for you? If you got Invincible tomorrow after over 1,000 tries and then everyone who has it but never used it before mounts up would that detract from your personal quest to get it?

With newer expansion mounts I can understand that whole “prestige” angle because there are plenty of people who might want the mount but don’t have the means to attain it. But for ones that are 2+ expansions old where all it takes is a little bit of time and patience steamrolling irrelevant content that sentiment just falls flat. You’re putting value on rarity for something people either don’t want or already have (but don’t use).

I am strictly opposed to buying mounts or increasing the % with money.

If I wanted that I'd go play Lost Ark or BDO. Although I know a couple of people that would without a second thought drop 100-500$ on anything they want and/or don't own yet. For whatever reason - to flex, to feel good or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I’ve always thought the whole “rarity makes it better” angle is just silly when talking about cosmetics like this. Especially for these old, easy to farm mounts.

I wish I could have given you one of my 3 Invincible drops, but you’re almost certainly in the minority of people who actually care about those kinds of mounts if you’ve tried over a few dozen times and still not gotten it. There are so many people out there with that mount (and other similar ones like Ashes, etc) who don’t even use them. Do all those people make the mount more or less desirable for you? If you got Invincible tomorrow after over 1,000 tries and then everyone who has it but never used it before mounts up would that detract from your personal quest to get it?

With newer expansion mounts I can understand that whole “prestige” angle because there are plenty of people who might want the mount but don’t have the means to attain it. But for ones that are 2+ expansions old where all it takes is a little bit of time and patience steamrolling irrelevant content that sentiment just falls flat. You’re putting value on rarity for something people either don’t want or already have (but don’t use).
    I want Invincible because I like the way it looks. It's a horse that doesn't use the regular horse animations, and it has wings.

Would I care if others had it? A little bit, but if I want to show off impossible to get mounts, I got CM ones (currently using the MoP CM ones), and I have a couple other low drop rate mounts too if I wanted to. I'd still use invincible though, because I think it looks nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf is up lately with players trying to feel the waters with MTX ideas in WoW. Get lost with that BS holy shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yes.

C'mon man..are you bored or what and need to stir up a shitstorm? You joined here in 2008...you know ppl would be opposed. ESPECIALLY to what you suggest. Do we need more "slippery slope" and "p2w" stuff around here?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually a good suggestion IMHO. Doesn't even bee too low...2% or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Let's hear what they are - because while I did buy a few store mounts, my go-to mounts are stuff like Invincible, the spider for 2 million gold, the 100 rep mount, timewalking wolf, Order Hall mounts.....

The Fairie Dragon is possibly the only one I can think about.
    I took a break from launch of WoD until Shadowlands. I had no clue what people are opposed too. I'm not opposed so why would I assume everyone else is? They're just ingame mounts that people may be tired of running dungeons or raids for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyInfidel View Post
    I am strictly opposed to buying mounts or increasing the % with money.

If I wanted that I'd go play Lost Ark or BDO. Although I know a couple of people that would without a second thought drop 100-500$ on anything they want and/or don't own yet. For whatever reason - to flex, to feel good or whatever.
    Some people just have money available. I save like 30% of my monthly wage, pay all my bills and still have cash available. I really would't mind paying something for a mount for a place I'm just tired of going too. It's not even like I hate the raids, I'm just tired of seeing them every week for years.