Welsh mythology in the shadowlands

After stumbling upon the wild hunt I came across
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annwn

Anyways digging deeper and making a few more leaps in logic there seem to be some parallels in Welsh mythology and using the above link as a breadcrumb some odd inferences can be made as to the outcome of the shadowlands.

Purely posting this for speculative fun, I dont have enough base knowledge over the subject to add my own opinions, other than some observations such as the relation possibly between bran and medivh, the triad of Thrall jaina and tyrande and if you dig deeper im sure you can find many other connections s between the developing story and mythology of the past.

I've seen many quotes of comparisons in the more well known (at least it seems among these forums) Greek mythology and I figure for those of you who are interested in creating speculation for the future this may be of interest, also for anyone who does have more knowledge over the subject it would be interesting to hear your interpretations.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well the entire zone of Ardenweald is basically an odd mix of Gaelic, Welsh, Scottish and Irish folklore with a bit of Greek and Norse too and the whole reincarnation aspect from Hinduism/Buddhism.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

It is also a relief to have a break from the constant trickle of lovecraft inspired lore. I love the lovecraft style stuff but it is a nice change to get something different.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice to see other mythologies come into some form of play in the game too, just as an example off the top of my head the Native American Wendigo (and no, I don't mean the yetis in the Hinterlands, I think)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    It would be nice to see other mythologies come into some form of play in the game too, just as an example off the top of my head the Native American Wendigo (and no, I don't mean the yetis in the Hinterlands, I think)
    Agreed, it did take them 16 years to put in fairy mythology (Ardenweald) so God knows how long it's gonna take before they incorporate Native American mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Agreed, it did take them 16 years to put in fairy mythology (Ardenweald) so God knows how long it's gonna take before they incorporate Native American mythology.
    Afterlives where the soul lives on isn't really typical of Native American mythology

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Taurens, hello?
    S.H.

The general theme of a Wendigo seems really dark for modern wow. I wouldn't be surprised if hidden in a corner of vanilla wow there were some references. I think it would be too watered down to be relatable if it happened in current game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Taurens, hello?
    Tauren "mythology" is some what pulled from non- native American sources.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2021-05-10 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Afterlives where the soul lives on isn't really typical of Native American mythology
    Well yeah, I didn't say the afterlife was inspired by Native American myths?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    The general theme of a Wendigo seems really dark for modern wow. I wouldn't be surprised if hidden in a corner of vanilla wow there were some references. I think it would be too watered down to be relatable if it happened in current game.

- - - Updated - - -

Tauren "mythology" is some what pulled from non- native American sources.
    Mmhh I wouldn't really think it's "too dark" to be honest, but I guess Blizz could water it down to some extent, like have a reoccurring character (story wise) with a insatiable hunger for souls, rather have an insatiable hunger for flesh that at first you can't kill til later on in the xpac or something like that.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Mmhh I wouldn't really think it's "too dark" to be honest, but I guess Blizz could water it down to some extent, like have a reoccurring character (story wise) with a insatiable hunger for souls, rather have an insatiable hunger for flesh that at first you can't kill til later on in the xpac or something like that.
    Somehow, beings that eat souls became incredibly lame compared to those that eat flesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Somehow, beings that eat souls became incredibly lame compared to those that eat flesh.
    Yeah true. That's why I'd want the Wendigo as it's told in folklore if it was ever introduced into the game.