Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weapon drops of Sylvanas and KT cover more than you think.

I have heard and read recently about the "uneven" weapon drops from Sanctum of Domination's last two bosses.

They say that too many specs are left with no decent drop. That sounded funny to me. And after going through the loot and counting,

i came to following result.

Out of 36 specs, 30 has something that drops and what they in theory can use. I added shields to this because they go to weapon slot.

And, if one trinket is also added, all 36 specs have something in theory useful to drop from last two bosses outside of armor.

And i know that the number i told will go down if start weighing the stats in weapons. But that is something the community does, not Blizzard.

I just wanted to remind people about this fact. IMO, 83% of specs is good enough.

Feral, Guardian, WW, BrM, Enh, Survival, Havoc, Vengeance, Outlaw don't have weapons. Frost DK only has the inferior weapon type. Holy paladin, prot warrior and prot paladin only have a shield which is much less powerful than a weapon. So your count is wrong and including shields is disingenuous. So the actual count is 12 specs with no weapon, 1 with the inferior weapon type and 2 that are defensively tuned around using 1h + shield but have to use the max ilevel staff.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2021-05-14 at 08:21 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Feral, Guardian, WW, BrM, Enh, Survival, Havoc, Vengeance don't have weapons. Frost DK only has the inferior weapon type. Holy paladin, prot warrior and prot paladin only have a shield which is much less powerful than a weapon. So your count is wrong and including shields is disingenuous.
    Apparently Blizzard considers trinkets from the final 2 bosses to be on par with higher ilvl weapon upgrades. That is also part of how they're justifying the removal of the widely popular weapon tokens.

Below is paraphrasing from the Sloot interview with Morgan Day:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Weapon tokens were created to deal with the unique covenant models for each weapon in Castle Nathria.
    Weapon tokens also caused the problem of having "weapon bosses" where you didn't have as many chances throughout the raid to get a weapon.
    It makes sense to loot Sylvanas's bow from her "corpse".
    The last few bosses should always have something exciting, whether it be a weapon or a trinket or something else.
    They are pretty happy with amount of raid drops per boss now.
    There are no plans right now to add more weapon drops to the final two bosses of Sanctum of Domination.
    Source: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ith-Morgan-Day
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-05-14 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Apparently Blizzard considers trinkets from the final 2 bosses to be on par with higher ilvl weapon upgrades. That is also part of how they're justifying the removal of the widely popular weapon tokens.
    Yeah, Blizzard do dumb shit for dumb reasons. Nothing new about it, but pretending it isn't the case (like OP) is just dumb.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I dunno man, on the current PTR build a lot of the raid trinkets are wacky. Some seem outright overpowered while others look like auto disenchant tier, hardly a substitute for no weapons.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy to be Hunter this tier so I can cry over not getting the Sylvy bow for months on end :3

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Feral, Guardian, WW, BrM, Enh, Survival, Havoc, Vengeance, Outlaw don't have weapons. Frost DK only has the inferior weapon type. Holy paladin, prot warrior and prot paladin only have a shield which is much less powerful than a weapon. So your count is wrong and including shields is disingenuous. So the actual count is 12 specs with no weapon, 1 with the inferior weapon type and 2 that are defensively tuned around using 1h + shield but have to use the max ilevel staff.
    Ok i was mistaken about outlaw. Didn't remember Shiv needs one-hander for off-hand. Survival i added because you can use SS and AS if you have a bow. Rest of your examples fall under two cases: specs that don't favor these drop weapons or what you yourself consider weapons. Latter is your freedom as its also mine, and i think shields should count as weapons because they use weapon slot. Former on the other hand is a thing that game allows to happen but players themself restrict. Frost can get it so it should be counted. So we are at 29 specs in total, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Thraenduil View Post
    Ok i was mistaken about outlaw. Didn't remember Shiv needs one-hander for off-hand. Survival i added because you can use SS and AS if you have a bow. Rest of your examples fall under two cases: specs that don't favor these drop weapons or what you yourself consider weapons. Latter is your freedom as its also mine, and i think shields should count as weapons because they use weapon slot. Former on the other hand is a thing that game allows to happen but players themself restrict. Frost can get it so it should be counted. So we are at 29 specs in total, IMO.
    A shield is not a weapon. It doesn't have the heavy intellect weighting that a weapon does. Its basically equal to a wrist piece in terms of stats. Blizzard seriously fucked up if my holy paladin doesn't have a higher item level weapon drop from one of the last 2 bosses. Fuck em.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-05-14 at 08:54 PM.

Survival can't use a bow, it's that simple. So again, the list is Feral, Guardian, WW, BrM, Enh, Survival, Havoc, Vengeance, Outlaw. 9 specs, none of which there's any argument you can make regarding. And again, shields are not weapons, they are much, much weaker, so that's another 3.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Everything from outlaw needs onehand..
    Survival is not playable without 2h weapon. If you still think otherwise, you can't be helped.
    A shield is just a small statstick like Feet/Hands, not like a weapon, which is actually increasing stats by quite a high amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Everything from outlaw needs onehand..
    Survival is not playable without 2h weapon. If you still think otherwise, you can't be helped.
    A shield is just a small statstick like Feet/Hands, not like a weapon, which is actually increasing stats by quite a high amount.
    What i meant with outlaw is that if not for Shiv, they could have dagger in off-hand and play just fine. Survival's case is a bit special. You are right that Survival can't do it's rotation with Ranged. But they can still equip ranged weapons and use AS for example. I have tested this in game.
    About shields, i just checked for fun and they seem to have exactly as much base stats as a one-hand weapon of same ilevel. Are you saying that one-hander is "small statstick" as well then?
    Last edited by Thraenduil; 2021-05-14 at 10:05 PM.

What i meant with outlaw is that if not for Shiv, they could have dagger in off-hand and play just fine. Survival's case is a bit special. You are right that Survival can't do it's rotation with Ranged. But they can still equip ranged weapons and use AS for example. I have tested this in game.
    About shields, i just checked for fun and they seem to have exactly as much base stats as a one-hand weapon of same ilevel. Are you saying that one-hander is "small statstick" as well then?

sorry. I missed poisons. Apparently you can't put them in daggers with outlaw.
    Just because they can use "x-ability" doesn't mean that they are not one of those classes left out from weapon-loot.

Weapons give raw dps (can be mathed into stats) for melee and HIGH amounts of int for casters. Shields do simply give low raw stats, that's all they do.

sorry. I missed poisons. Apparently you can't put them in daggers with outlaw.
    1h weapons have WDPS or a huge pile of intellect on top, which are the best stats for the specs that use them. And Outlaw "technically" being able to use one in the offhand doesn't matter, they play 2x slow 1h. Your Survival "argument" is still irrelevant, you can't play the spec with a bow, so it's not a weapon for Survival.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Dagger is the offhand for outlaw is actually better. Faster weapon gives more poison procs

Of course WW doesn't get a weapon. This game just shits on hybrids all the time. If you want to be recognized you just need to be one of the favored classes.

Imagine being a class that has gotten multiple unique legendaries when other classes haven't gotten a single one. Fucking hunters.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2021-05-14 at 10:03 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    honestly, how would blizzard manage without simps like the OP. IMO 100% of what you have said here is nonsense, which is impressive even by MMOC standards

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Just because they can use "x-ability" doesn't mean that they are not one of those classes left out from weapon-loot.

Weapons give raw dps (can be mathed into stats) for melee and HIGH amounts of int for casters. Shields do simply give low raw stats, that's all they do.
    Ok that's true. They indeed give more int when compared to str-item. But that other statement of yours, you make it sound like it's us players who get to decide which class gets to use items. It's like:" Even though game allows it, we certainly never will!"

Sounds to me like Blizzard should clean their weapon system a little. What use other than RP is there with weapon skill if your abilities don't support it?
    Last edited by Thraenduil; 2021-05-14 at 10:14 PM.

I have heard and read recently about the "uneven" weapon drops from Sanctum of Domination's last two bosses.

They say that too many specs are left with no decent drop. That sounded funny to me. And after going through the loot and counting,

i came to following result.

Out of 36 specs, 30 has something that drops and what they in theory can use. I added shields to this because they go to weapon slot.

And, if one trinket is also added, all 36 specs have something in theory useful to drop from last two bosses outside of armor.

And i know that the number i told will go down if start weighing the stats in weapons. But that is something the community does, not Blizzard.

I just wanted to remind people about this fact. IMO, 83% of specs is good enough.
    why the fuck do you think shields should count

- - - Updated - - -

But they can still equip ranged weapons and use AS for example.
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

how the fuck do you think that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    why the fuck do you think shields should count

- - - Updated - - -

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

how the fuck do you think that makes sense
    It makes sense the same as this: equip sword and shield with Retri paladin and leave TV and BoJ in the spell book and voilá, you have a makeshift prot-pala.
    This game still allows you to play with it.

I haven't posted in years. This might be the first time I've logged in even in the last 5 or 6 years maybe. I just wanted to say this is by far the dumbest thread created on this website in at least this current decade (2020+), but could take the cake for ever.

We just ignoring how huntards get not one, but two very unique things to use?