Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    It’s Christopher Rufo’s piece in the city journal documenting Disney’s new critical race theory training.
    /yawn

I wonder if the right realizes that people are falling off the "transes are coming for your children!!!" boogeyman, so they've embraced this "critical race theory means you have to flagellate yourself for being white!!!" one.
    not having ever been called a terrorist
    Right-wing propagandists have literally called BLM protesters terrorist. I have no idea if that's what this is referring to (assuming this particular right-wing propagandist is accurately relaying this information...which...lol), but the hoops people jump through to not call white perpetrators of terrorist acts "terrorist" is so common it's a meme.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Am I a complete idiot for not being able to figure out what the “M” word is supposed to be?

Is it “mouse?” Why is it relevant that one of the dwarves from sleeping beauty is... being accused of calling Mickey... a mouse, I guess...?

Also, I don’t think that your “epic cartoon takedown” is particularly effective if like 90% of what you’re showing in it is stuff that would actually be pretty nice to have a large corporation like Disney do. It would be freakin’ fantastic if they limited their park attendance to fully vaccinated people, or showed concerted support for Black Lives Matter, etc.

And it doesn’t even seem like he’s clever enough to insinuate that Disney is doing these things from a purely cynical, pandering, money-hungry point of view that might have made this something to actually ponder rather than roll ones eyes at.
    Corpos shilling for a scam movement like BLM truly couldn't give two squirts of piss about the lives of black people. There's are reason why it's called performative wokeness, the majority of white people who do it have a white saviour complex but don't actually care. And they have no problems with going on racist rants when black people tell them off because they don't want to be treated like victims (which I've seen from a number of them on social media). I saw a post yesterday on Twitter where some idiot with white saviour complex started calling a black person a coon who was normalizing their own oppression because he refused to be treated as a victim.

This is also a reminder that the founder of BLM used millions of dollars in donations to buy multiple houses. It's a con act and people fell for it big time. It's gonna be great when she gets audited by the IRS and has to pay it all back. So anyone who supports BLM is supporting one of the biggest grifts of the 21st century.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Corpos shilling for a scam movement like BLM truly couldn't give two squirts of piss about the lives of black people.
    Scam movement, according to corporate ya’ll elected president.

There's are reason why it's called performative wokeness, the majority of white people who do it have a white saviour complex but don't actually care.
    Yeah, the fact that GOP has absolutely no policy to help American people and projecting.

And they have no problems with going on racist rants when black people tell them off because they don't want to be treated like victims (which I've seen from a number of them on social media). I saw a post yesterday on Twitter where some idiot with white saviour complex started calling a black person a coon who was normalizing their own oppression because he refused to be treated as a victim.
    Which caused you to come here and then generalize based on a person you saw on Twitter... Are you sure it wasn’t an Eskimo trolling?

Edit: The right is both, embracing of trolls in their Kekistan movement and treat Twitter trolls, like the god damn end of western civilization. Complaining about triggered woke, by getting triggered by trolls. lol

This is also a reminder that the founder of BLM used millions of dollars in donations to buy multiple houses. It's a con act and people fell for it big time. It's gonna be great when she gets audited by the IRS and has to pay it all back. So anyone who supports BLM is supporting one of the biggest grifts of the 21st century.
    Black Lives Matter... a scam ended by a word... “sure”... but, Trump is still taking donations. I’m sure he will use that money to stop Black Lives Mater...

Edit: I got to give credit... the asleep crowd, is really living up to their implied name. Injuring 100s of cops while carrying blue lives Mater flags, tarring down the American flag to replace it with a Corporate logo. You have to be asleep to say this shit...

Edit 2: 2020... The year the right realized that their ideology only legitimate in dreams. A fucking trust fund baby tells you to go to sleep and ya’ll think that’s totally cool. Government officials telling you to look the other way, dangling cartoon rabbits and child books in your face. But hey... if GOP wake up... they might notice the corporate logo they are worshipping.

The party of Trump depends on people being asleep, to not see he is everything ya’ll claim to hate.

- - - Updated - - -

But, surprisingly, people missed the inciting event for this political satire cartoon. It’s Christopher Rufo’s piece in the city journal documenting Disney’s new critical race theory training.
    https://www.city-journal.org/racial-...it_nosession=1
    Some of the possibly objectionable content inveighs against a colorblind approach to race and a white privilege checklist (including heterosexual, cisgender, not having ever been called a terrorist).

Some more recent reporting suggests Disney has since scrubbed the training after backlash and publicity.
    That was a grown ass man complaining that Disney, isn’t the same for him, as it used to be. Instead of realizing he isn’t a god damn child, he chooses to blame wokeness or some shit. Once again, preferring to sleep, than to reconcile what it means to be getting older.

You need to explain to me, what removing women being assaulted by pirates, had to do with race theory. Both the pirates and the women they were in the process of rape and pillaging, were white.

The real noteworthy thing about the cartoon, is the Eye of Providence... why does this cartoon feature the Eye of Providence, in commenting on this evil wokeness? Is it because the concept is inherently insane?
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-05-16 at 01:36 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the fact that after Disneys critical race theory stuff was exposed, they scrapped it instantly, almost like they KNEW it was just a bullshit thing.
    https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/st...28488949518337
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    He wakes up, gets thirsty and tries to get some wate rout of the well and bcs of the stone sin his belly he then drowns as the stones then throw him into the well.

- - - Updated - - -

You know that the original story is from Germany right? So why would there be a french version be used for a translation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Corpos shilling for a scam movement like BLM truly couldn't give two squirts of piss about the lives of black people. There's are reason why it's called performative wokeness, the majority of white people who do it have a white saviour complex but don't actually care. And they have no problems with going on racist rants when black people tell them off because they don't want to be treated like victims (which I've seen from a number of them on social media). I saw a post yesterday on Twitter where some idiot with white saviour complex started calling a black person a coon who was normalizing their own oppression because he refused to be treated as a victim.

Mmm hmm... your deluded ramblings aside, my point was that this cartoonist wasn't even saying that about Disney. He seemed to be saying that Disney had genuinely become the progressive woke-space that makes conservatives get their panties in a twist.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. You're lying. Blatantly lying, to attack a movement for racial justice.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pa...topanga-house/
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...te/7241450002/

I get that the facts don't matter to you, and that you'll use whatever lies and disinformation you can to hurt the push for racial equity, but everyone can see the bullshit you're pulling, and the motives behind it.

I love Ben Garrison. It's one of those "so bad it's good" cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've never been able to figure out if he's an honest lunatic or just a canny salesman who's found a market he can exploit just by spamming the dumbest political memes into every one of his cartoons.
    I think he's a honest lunatic, it'd take quite a bit of skill to pretend to be so hilariously hateful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of that picture made me audibly laugh in how absurd it is.

It's hard to say what type of person he is though. I'd like to believe that he sees a market in it and wakes up each day, kisses his wife and rubs his hands together ready to 'exploit retards' because it's just way too easy. It's like that always Sunny episode where Frank explains dupers to the gang, and how he's above it all but just wants to make money in the process.

I forget the dudes name, but that "change my mind" meme guy strikes me also a person that knows exactly what he's doing, and fist bumps his friends saying how easy it is to make money off of stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

It's hard to say what type of person he is though. I'd like to believe that he sees a market in it and wakes up each day, kisses his wife and rubs his hands together ready to 'exploit retards' because it's just way too easy. It's like that always Sunny episode where Frank explains dupers to the gang, and how he's above it all but just wants to make money in the process.

I forget the dudes name, but that "change my mind" meme guy strikes me also a person that knows exactly what he's doing, and fist bumps his friends saying how easy it is to make money off of stupid people.
    Ben Garrisson has been this moronic since he started doing his shitty political cartoons.

And the other moron you are talking about is the racist dickbag of Steven Crowder. And literally anyone that makes a solid point, he doesn't upload, which is what keeps people stupid on his channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

He’s been doing cartoons like that for a long time. I’m fairly certain it’s satire mocking the people that actually believe in shit like this. The fact that most of his cartoons feature a crying Lady Liberty regardless of context is too beyond-the-pale for it to be serious, though it is gross that even satire this absurd has become so hard to differentiate from people that have gleefully leaped out of the Overton Window.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    He’s been doing cartoons like that for a long time. I’m fairly certain it’s satire mocking the people that actually believe in shit like this. The fact that most of his cartoons feature a crying Lady Liberty regardless of context is too beyond-the-pale for it to be serious, though it is gross that even satire this absurd has become so hard to differentiate from people that have gleefully leaped out of the Overton Window.
    No, Ben Garrisson actually believes this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    No, Ben Garrisson actually believes this shit.
    If that’s true it’s just as funny but in the completely opposite way. I really need to just stop giving people credit by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I love the fact that after Disneys critical race theory stuff was exposed, they scrapped it instantly, almost like they KNEW it was just a bullshit thing.
    https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/st...28488949518337
    who knew that a giant corporation would have second thoughts about addressing issues capitalism doesn't fix but in fact make worse.

and of course that guy who can't even define what CRT is thinks it's promoting systemic racism, what a surprise.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-05-16 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    If that’s true it’s just as funny but in the completely opposite way. I really need to just stop giving people credit by default.
    Yeah, just go google Ben Garrison, and look at the images, you see he posts bullshit about George Soros conspiracy theories, that Donald Trump is the good guy in every situation. It would just be easier to give a few examples.

https://preview.redd.it/102v46xzeit3...=webp&19e588c8
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqiIobxX0AAWbWm.jpg:large
    https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=1500w

That last one is literally him trying to say that Mueller made shit up, with the help of Peter Strzok, Comey, Hillary and Barack Obama. Even though the Mueller Report we found a lot of shit where he should have been in jail for easily.

The distance between Ben Garrison and actual thought provoking satire is equal too the distance that Ben Shapiro is from actual thought provoking intellectuals.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also, y'know, the forbidden archives;

It's funny that people joke about that cartoon as proof of Donald Duck being a "nazi" or something....when that very same cartoon ends with a reveal that it was all a dream and Donald actually loves America.

Pretty sure the point of the cartoon was propaganda to imply that Nazis live in poverty and work under ridiculously strict conditions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's funny that people joke about that cartoon as proof of Donald Duck being a "nazi" or something....when that very same cartoon ends with a reveal that it was all a dream and Donald actually loves America.

Pretty sure the point of the cartoon was propaganda to imply that Nazis live in poverty and work under ridiculously strict conditions.
    People are seriously reading way too much into what I only intended as a joke about Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    That was a grown ass man complaining that Disney, isn’t the same for him, as it used to be.
    It's political satire. He's ridiculing something, not complaining that it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    /yawn

I wonder if the right realizes that people are falling off the "transes are coming for your children!!!" boogeyman, so they've embraced this "critical race theory means you have to flagellate yourself for being white!!!" one.

Right-wing propagandists have literally called BLM protesters terrorist. I have no idea if that's what this is referring to (assuming this particular right-wing propagandist is accurately relaying this information...which...lol), but the hoops people jump through to not call white perpetrators of terrorist acts "terrorist" is so common it's a meme.
    As far as this constitutes no defense of the corporate training, or defense of "not being called a terrorist" as a checkmark for "white privilege," I can only raise an eyebrow at your random gunshots directed at right wing culture war topics. I'm sure the narrative is scared, or something.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

What is the M word? Mouse?