Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Can't wait to start eating real meat again! All these fauxmeats really wear down the soul... so spongey.

Does this herald the beginning of the end for intensive factory farms killing millions of livestock on a weekly basis? Hopefully it is cheaper and quicker to produce than slaughtering the animal, thus crippling the archaic role of the farmer and butcher.
    yup - real meat will be only aviable to upper classes

its all planned - the poor will bea eating proteins from plants , insects etc making them much weaker so they dont rebel while wealthy will enjoy much better quality real meat (but much much more expensie)

thats why you see for last coupel of years such a strong offensive in media for all the vegan products - its all to familiarize poor people with their future diet - all ofc under pretense of taking care of enviroment and animal rights.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-06-01 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

It really, really isn't. I promise. It isn't just the livestock themselves, but everything that goes into that industry and the livestock.
    I can get into some factions within goverments around the world to lessen/reduce livestock. As it stands now Farming has an effect on climate. Its sustainability on the long run and with climate change is... not that great. However, seeing what farmers from my country already has to do to lessen/reduce emissions (The Netherlands), and combined with a new law some animal loving party managed to get through (*1), investing will cost just way too much. Which will make a lot of farms go bankrupt, there land will be sold to...(most likely)... Townships for building houses, or for industrial zones. (*2) Making it a vicious circle... because that will get Emissions too! and maybe even more/equal.

*1 Dierenwet 2021-2023 ie: Animal Law. New law entails a very open-ended not well defined ''Animals must show natural habits''. For your information: This does include livestock, and even pets. Consencuences for this? No one knows, but most likely: Cats are allowed to roam free, dogs not on a leash, no cages for rabbits, birds and reptiles. If you ask me... this new law just goes over the top. Im all for more animal friendly cages and care, but going that far is both baffling and worrying me.

*2. This reeks of bullying farmers into selling there lands to developers and goverment. (I might be a tadbit biased here tho) nulifying any possible Emission reduction.

And why did the forum not take my first qoute? Damnit

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    I can get into some factions within goverments around the world to lessen/reduce livestock. As it stands now Farming has an effect on climate. Its sustainability on the long run and with climate change is... not that great. However, seeing what farmers from my country already has to do to lessen/reduce emissions (The Netherlands), and combined with a new law some animal loving party managed to get through (*1), investing will cost just way too much. Which will make a lot of farms go bankrupt, there land will be sold to...(most likely)... Townships for building houses, or for industrial zones. (*2) Making it a vicious circle... because that will get Emissions too! and maybe even more/equal.

*1 Dierenwet 2021-2023 ie: Animal Law. New law entails a very open-ended not well defined ''Animals must show natural habits''. For your information: This does include livestock, and even pets. Consencuences for this? No one knows, but most likely: Cats are allowed to roam free, dogs not on a leash, no cages for rabbits, birds and reptiles. If you ask me... this new law just goes over the top. Im all for more animal friendly cages and care, but going that far is both baffling and worrying me.

*2. This reeks of bullying farmers into selling there lands to developers and goverment. (I might be a tadbit biased here tho) nulifying any possible Emission reduction.

And why did the forum not take my first qoute? Damnit
    this happens all around world.

thats what future will look like - due to how little meat will be produced prices will skyrocket and this will force poor people to switch to diet focused on plants and insects .

ofc it will be all sold to you are fresh hip trendy and taking care about enviroment.

and ofc dietary supplements will be much more popular as people will lack many vitamins from B group mainly .

win win for big pharma .

most of those changes will be in full effect by 2030 . including stuff like "planetary diet " recomendations

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this happens all around world.

thats what future will look like - due to how little meat will be produced prices will skyrocket and this will force poor people to switch to diet focused on plants and insects .

ofc it will be all sold to you are fresh hip trendy and taking care about enviroment.

and ofc dietary supplements will be much more popular as people will lack many vitamins from B group mainly .

win win for big pharma .

most of those changes will be in full effect by 2030 . including stuff like "planetary diet " recomendations
    No worries, the first goal should be to make protein dirt cheap and nearly free. After that we can still increase the quality of food by an infinite amount and reduce the cost of higher quality food. It seems you are being very pessimistic without reason to be pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not a big fan of this idea. Thankfully, I don't buy meat in the supermarket and have a butcher that I can trust.
    Regulations will kick in to win people over. You'll have a choice between "lab grown" or "farm fresh."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Regulations will kick in to win people over. You'll have a choice between "lab grown" or "farm fresh."
    Well, I am in the EU, so I'm not too concerned about this. Labelling will be clear and prominent and I do indeed have the choice. And more choice is never a bad thing. I'll get pissed if they outlaw proper meat, though.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

If its good tasting, I don't care if it is real meat or fake meat.

It might start expensive, but lab grown meat production probably can be expanded and made cheaper. It is probably even possible to produce near where its sold? For animals, you would need place to grown them, butcher and all that.

Price will go down, if there is a market for it.

I'm very interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until both price and quality can match or be superior to proper meat, I have no plan to even consider it.

Note: neither are better than real meat at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'll get pissed if they outlaw proper meat, though.
    They won’t, and more like, they can’t.

Can you see the amount of protest about “I should have the freedom to not wear a mask even during Covid!!!”?

If they outlaw meat it will cause riot, as well as create a black market for it.

I will consume the lab meat, I know now scientists can grow liver and even brains out side of body. So, I did not think that nutrition will so different from present meat because those meat already very lab meat so... at least animals will not be as zombies in to those lab. I am interesting how religions people will act with artifictual meat of pork or beef.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like something we need to adapt to, the CO2 emissions for meat, taking into account fodder (and those CO2), transports etc. is bollox.
    Those emissions are rather insane. I still think it taste like crap though.. guess I need a learning period.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.