Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That genres have space for multiple major titles.

Lets take the obvious one, MMOs. Right now people like to compare Classic VS Retail VS FFXIV. Claim one will/is killing another, and celebrating it.

The industry/genre is big enough for all of them to thrive, and if you are actively celebrating one killing the other, you are blight on the industry. People should be encouraging competition and choice, but there are so many people who thrive on telling people why Classic is killing Retail or FFXIV is killing WOW etc. If you think that, fine, but if you felt that your literal brainfart warranted enough to go onto a post and actually type out a novel telling someone their choice of game is wrong, you are an idiot and you are not meaningfully contributing to anything.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post

CEOs of big game companies are a proper example of "morally gray".
    I would say this is more correct.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 76 is good
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Dark Souls series difficulty is overrated bullshit based in shit mechanics which are all mostly just "Monster goes WARRRGARRRGRRRRRBLLLAAARGGHHHH on your face" and are generally countered with just pressing the roll button at the right time. Very hard, much wow.
    Oh, and the lore, while not bad, is overrated too. Just because majority of NPC's try to be mysterious by mumbling bunch of old words with "deep" meaning about blood/souls/tomato juice does not make it a good lore, it is just an attempt to get players guess the "true meaning", so company does not have to spend resources on creating it.

people who still play wow nowadays are just addicts that cant let go because they have spent so much time in the game/community

trying to balance for this wannabe esport in WoW killed the fun of pvp.

horizon zero dawn is just as boring as the modern assassin creeds game what it copied
    Last edited by jiih; 2021-05-20 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    You gotta try harder than that to stun people, shitting on Fortnite is a fairly common habit of certain internet users.
    I mean, we've probably gone too far if saying a terrible game is terrible is considered shitting on it tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    PoE is a garbage game, I hated the combat, the talent/skill/build system is a giant stemming pile of shit, and I interacted with less people than I do playing a single player game.

Esports has done more damage than good for me in gaming, hots could have been a good fun game if they didn't aim to make it an esports, now its only okay.

D3 at launch was fairly rough, but the changes they made and RoS made it a great game.

The auto chess genre/games weren't fun, and I have no clue how they blew up so fast (but I guess that is why they have largely died just as fast).
    Every time I play a PoE season, I end playing the D3 season going on at the same time. Without fail, play through POE campaign, regret it, install D3 and have a blast.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The last of us is an actual dogshit game, with a dogshit story. Acted by the two blandest fucks on the planet. With shitty combat to top it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Every time I play a PoE season, I end playing the D3 season going on at the same time. Without fail, play through POE campaign, regret it, install D3 and have a blast.
    I too was like this once, but then PoE clicked for me. Now I can't even imagine playing a game as slow-paced as D3 :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    l.

horizon zero dawn is just as boring as the modern assassin creeds game what it copied
    This one got me. HZD takes more from Monster Hunter than Assassin's Creed.

This link is now the official definition of "reaching". It's how I imagine the thinking process of QAnon conspiracy theories come to fruition.

Wrath of the Lich King was one of WoWs weaker expansions and people look back on it fondly because thats when they started playing the game

Mass Effect is just a terribly awful game series.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post

The only way you would think skyrim is the best, is if you are too young to have played oblivion when it released.
    Oblivion was my first ES game, and while I'm also not a huge Skyrim fan, Oblivion is my least favorite Bethesda game by some margin. The damn level scaling, scary mutant NPCs and awful combat just ruin that game no matter how good the Thieves's Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines are.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Dynasty Warriors games are one of the best series ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Wrath of the Lich King was one of WoWs weaker expansions and people look back on it fondly because thats when they started playing the game
    Wotlk was my favorite and I agree. First raid was a remake and the other two were hardly challenging. Ulduar was cool seemed like it lasted forever though because ToC was another raid that didn't feel like a raid. The tiers lasted forever. Managing stuff like 'Hit' was a PITA. Balance was poor. Healers were OP. Tiers lasted forever. The gearscore meta...

Battle royale games are terribly boring. Please stop.

i unironically dont like sexualized characters and think games would be better without 90% of them having them

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Doesn't count if it's the only one you have played

- - - Updated - - -

Your opinion is trash.
    And your signature shows it too.
    Triggered to the maximum I guess?

Also I can relate to the guy you replied. CP was one of the best rpgs. FF is worlds apart, unfortunately at the bottom.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    - Dragon Age 2 was far better than Inquisition ( especially gameplay wise ) and doesn't deserve being known as the black sheep of the series.
    I agree with that. I loved it. I finished it 3 Times with every class. The only annoying thing were the recycled areas. But it was still a good game.

I have another one!

Ion is a very good game Director/Developer and i will like to see his work in another game or company in the future as well!