Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    At least it provokes discussion. Lots of users talking with other users here.
    Phones pissing hot acid into your eyes would also provide something to discuss.

Indulging a bot collecting personal information is not something to be encouraged.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Final Fantasy games are awful. Everyone looks they dipped their heads into candy floss machines, and are generally just ridiculously dumb looking.
    Agree 100%. My brother named his two sons after FF characters and it just hurts. Cloud and Tidus. Yeesh.

I just cannot get into any of the games for the life of me. Even the MMO. That one especially was a steaming pile of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    I have played oblivion, skyrim and large portions of ESO but at no point have felt any attachment to anything within the IP, cared about anything, story character or world building wise.

Why exactly I don't know, it's not like I don't like fantasy either it's my favorite genre in general. In contrast Warhammer is the opposite, there's virtually nothing I don't like about it, basically everything in it comes in various forms of cool/awesome from lore to visual presentation.
    Just wait till you find out about the guy who made female clones of himself that he considers his daughters and also beds them all.

Morrowind is a can of worms that might get you interested. Sift through the wiki for a bit, I guarantee there's a lot of good stuff.

Ocarina of time is overrated.

Skyrim and Bethesda and people praising the game so much is one of the reasons "gaming quality" has sunk.

When someone complain about gaming quality about a game and then I hear about them liking skyrim and fallout etc etc it's a big facepalm for me.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

PVP sucks.

Survival games suck.

Roguelikes/-lites suck.

Why does every contemporary game have to be a combination of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Diablo 3 was a good game and Blizzard did more than 99.9% companies would have in terms of free content updates for a game with no monitization beyond the box price. The fact it still has a presence and a playerbase this many years later proves that.

The people who disagree are either comparing it with rose tinted glasses to Diablo 2 and there childhood or comparing it to games with in-game shops (PoE) which have a constant stream of content because money.
    Is this an out-of-season, unbelievably ignorant April fools joke?

Player vs player as a general gaming concept is trash-tier and ruins any game not specifically made to be only pvp.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Agree 100%. My brother named his two sons after FF characters and it just hurts. Cloud and Tidus. Yeesh.

I just cannot get into any of the games for the life of me. Even the MMO. That one especially was a steaming pile of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wait till you find out about the guy who made female clones of himself that he considers his daughters and also beds them all.

Morrowind is a can of worms that might get you interested. Sift through the wiki for a bit, I guarantee there's a lot of good stuff.
    Okay but did he name his kid “Tie-dus” or “Tee-dus”

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mass Effect games are all rubbish, from both a gameplay and story perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indie games without proper keyframes for every angle of their main character look like shit; and oftentimes play like shit because of it.

If your character/creature design is not properly animated I generally assume you are cutting corners in other parts of your work, so I'll promptly ignore your title.

Also, (And no I'm not talking about those 1-man teams making games, I'm talking about those "indie" studios that have a fucking studio.) its not the fucking 90's anymore, start getting skills in 3d modeling and stop with the damn retro/sprite nostalgia period. I want to see some damn effort from indie devs for once.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

World of Warcraft players actually love playing wow.

Buts it not cool to ever admit that. It is a requirement that all players must pretend they hate the game and everything about it. Furthermore they must also hate blizzard and imply they are somehow being forced to play a game they despise and hate on every possible level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Skyrim and Bethesda and people praising the game so much is one of the reasons "gaming quality" has sunk.
    One of the top 3 most hated gaming companies of the decade that makes games every half a decade is the reason why "game sucks". Yes, very big brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck balance in MMO's make every class unique. You cannot do both.

I prefer the RPG element to classes, yes some classes may not be as powerful as others but they are not supposed to be, make them have other uses that are more important to brute force. Some classes may have a high upkeep, some might be cheaper, some might be slower, some might be faster, some may do little dps some may do high dps. But every class should have something to bring, if your content revolves around just dps then you are designing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    One of the top 3 most hated gaming companies of the decade that makes games every half a decade is the reason why "game sucks". Yes, very big brain.
    Irrelevant how hated a company is if the games are praised... People praise Fallout 3, Skyrim, Oblivion you name it. All of them garbage games that were "fixed" by players. Of course Bethesda tries to make money on it which is why their games get worse, Fallout 76 is just them going down that route a bit too far but it's the fact that the other games set precedence that "hey, we can make shit quality games and have people fix them for us and they still buy it".

EA is also one of the most hated companies, but guess what, they still earn a shitload. People voting them to be horrible aren't the same people who buy the games, especially the sports games.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-05-16 at 08:25 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Diablo 3 was a good game and Blizzard did more than 99.9% companies would have in terms of free content updates for a game with no monitization beyond the box price. The fact it still has a presence and a playerbase this many years later proves that.

The people who disagree are either comparing it with rose tinted glasses to Diablo 2 and there childhood or comparing it to games with in-game shops (PoE) which have a constant stream of content because money.
    stunning statement cause it's not true.

diablo 3 was a bad game with aggressive monetization. (the combat tuning encouraged using the real money AH to get suitable gear).

it was only eventually a good game after big reworks (a significant portion of which are paywalled behind reaper of souls and not fixed for free. but still a pretty fair business all things considered.)
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-05-16 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Never played the previous Diablo games. I do however look forward to D2Resurrected. What you say about it being short may ring true, which would make sense as to why they are including D2LOD instead of selling it to us at a later date.
    If you clear everything and explore everywhere it can take like 24 hours to beat a difficulty. If you just do what is needed to clear, as you can do if it's your second character and have a main funnelling you gear, it can take like six hours. Even less if you have a rusher. I've made a new toon and had it level 60 and done with hell diff in like 2 hours before. Then again, most of D2 is once you've done the storyline and you're grinding for loots.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I think people tend to forget that back in in those days when we was both worse at games and had less access to knowledge games just lasted longer. I didn't know runewords existed in D2 until after a year of playing it. I knew everything that existed in D3 before I played it and sure that's my fault, it's just how I play games now I'm not debating that.

Just saying, D2 did a lot of things right in terms of loot etc. but as you say in terms actual like content it was very lacking.
    See above. Also you may not have known about runewords because they weren't in vanilla D2. They were added in the LoD xpac.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JABoyle3875 View Post
    This, I'm interested in hearing some thoughts on as to why - respectfully, of course. I've sunk about 500 hours into just playing chapters I-VI on it and it is my favorite game of all time aside from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

I'll admit it has some issues. Controls can get stupid-wonky, there are some odd bugs even 2+ years after release, and most of the epilogue missions suck big hairy floppy donkey balls. I play that game to be a good hearted outlaw, robbing, stealing, fighting to survive...I don't play it for a ranching simulator.

But polished shit? With it being, IMO, the best looking game ever made so far if you have the horsepower in your PC? Having a great story? Being able to play outlaw in so many ways? The quality of the acting in it? (34" Ultrawide + i9 + GeForce 3080 = everything maxxed out and 60-70FPS plus, it is jaw dropping)
    I'm not the guy you asked to, but I also was pretty bored and quickly gave up on RDR2, and there are four reasons to that, two minors and two majors :

The minors :
    - Too much cinematics during story. It feels like a vaguely interactive movie with a sandbox on the side.
    - The character is horribly slow, to the point it's actively annoying to do anything. And it's not "realistically-slow", it's just "ponderously-annoying-slow". It makes regular play a pain.

The majors :
    - Controls and gameplay are complete garbage. They are confusing, unresponsive and messy. That alone makes playing a pain, and when playing is a pain, that's really not good for a game.
    - The game overall design is completely schizophrenic. It tries to give a look of gritty realism, but then fighting becomes this ridiculous arcade game where you shoot fifteen people in a minute. So we get the worst of both world, and then once we have them the dissonance destroys the immersion that could be obtained if the design was consistent.

So basically it's a barely-playable mess that ruins a colossal potential (because yeah the game has huge fucking potential).

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Irrelevant how hated a company is if the games are praised... People praise Fallout 3, Skyrim, Oblivion you name it. All of them garbage games that were "fixed" by players. Of course Bethesda tries to make money on it which is why their games get worse, Fallout 76 is just them going down that route a bit too far but it's the fact that the other games set precedence that "hey, we can make shit quality games and have people fix them for us and they still buy it".

EA is also one of the most hated companies, but guess what, they still earn a shitload. People voting them to be horrible aren't the same people who buy the games, especially the sports games.
    part of that is just nostalgia (and immature gaming market at the time), people always unreasonably like things from when they were young more. happens all the time, e.g. half life 2 is very well rated, but i only played a decade after release and it was crap, not even any interesting game mechanics for its time. it just looked really good for when it released so it gave people an immersive experience that they remember.

but the big big big reason skyrim was such a big deal for such a long time is exactly because it can be fixed by players for free. without mods it would just have blown over in a few years. (the combat system is complete garbage though, that's for sure. and ofc that's not as moddable.)

the for free part is especially important. i seriously doubt tes6 will be even remotely as big a deal as skyrim because they will monitize all the fun out of it.

The Metal Gear series sucks.

Raiding in games like WoW and FF14 is really boring.
    PvP in MMO games is usually pretty awful.
    If i can`t affect the outcome of a story i won`t be invested in it.
    Dark souls is a cumbersome and unfun slog through tons of enemies.

Maybe not so much game related but i wish developers would let me adjust the settings
    before the game starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    WoW Classic is better than Shadowlands
    at least wait until shadowlands end, WoD has one of strongest wow starts, yet it is easily worst or 2nd worst exp

my opinion:
    for me Story/Lore is most important thing ever, even if it comes on gameplay, like how classic wow had lot of restriction due to lore over gameplay
    One of best games for me ever is Vampire the masquerade bloodlines, even if gameplay i'd give it a 5 at most (it has SHITLOAD of bugs, and bugs that can corrupt ur save and u must restart type), but its story is so perfect that it made me replay it twice and suck those restarting bugs because how much i just wanted to see the full story with all its branches
    I admit i'm not sure if it stuns or not, but maybe the part that story is most important even if game has bugs that make u restart it is stunning (if game has a perfect story of course)?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power