Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Say a gaming opinion that will stun people

I would say

Fortnite is terrible.

Diablo 3 was a good game and Blizzard did more than 99.9% companies would have in terms of free content updates for a game with no monitization beyond the box price. The fact it still has a presence and a playerbase this many years later proves that.

The people who disagree are either comparing it with rose tinted glasses to Diablo 2 and there childhood or comparing it to games with in-game shops (PoE) which have a constant stream of content because money.
    Last edited by Fitsu; 2021-05-15 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say

Fortnite is terrible.
    You gotta try harder than that to stun people, shitting on Fortnite is a fairly common habit of certain internet users.

ok ill try.

Cod warzone is actually really fun.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    red dead redemption 2 is a polished shit.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Consoles
    • The N64 was a bad console. The only good games on it were Mario 64, Star Fox 64, and Pokemon Stadium 2. It had no RPGs.
    • The PS Vita was the best handheld console. Huge library of amazing, high quality JRPGs. You could remotely stream your PS4 at home to your PS Vita. It was the last handheld that actually fit in your pocket.
    • No, the PS1 and the SNES were not some golden age of JRPGs that has been lost. We're still in a golden age of JRPGs. Just because modern JRPGs aren't to your tastes doesn't mean that JRPGs aren't still good. The modern Japanese games industry is leagues above the modern Western games industry.

Trails series
    • Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 are the best Trails games.
    • all of the problems people criticize the CS games for existed since SC
    • Crossbell is a filler arc with no satisfying payoff
    • The villains of FC and Ao did nothing wrong
    • Crossbell is the rightful province of the Erebonian Empire.

Final Fantasy
    • FFVII is a good game, but it appears to be overrated because it was the most popular game, therefore you get more opinions shilling for it.
    • FFX likewise is a fine game, but appears to be overrated because more people played it than the others, so you get more opinions shilling for it.
    • FFXIII is a good game. Yes, the lack of towns to visit and NPCs to talk to was a bummer, but it was still nonetheless an overall good game. Great aesthetics and soundtrack too.
    • FFIX is NOT underrated. If anything it's overrated.
    • FFV is the actual underrated FF game. Go play it!
    • FFXIV ARR isn't anywhere near as bad as people like to make it out to be. It's just okay, and it gets better and better with each patch. Honestly by patch 2.3 I was starting to get really invested into the game and thought it was pretty good, though I still hated the fillers.
    • FFXIV Heavensward is overrated. It's only hyped up to high heaven because of the stark contrast between it and the rest of ARR, much like how people were amazed going from 2D FFVI to 3D FFVII. A lot of people overlook Heavensward's flaws. Stormblood was not a step down. The quality remained the same, but people were used to that level of quality when they were expecting another FFVI to FFVII jump in quality, so they ended up in a FFVIII situation where there isn't a particularly noticeable jump in quality from FFVII to FFVIII, and so they notice all of the flaws of the new game that they ignored in the old game, so they declare it to be bad.
    • Emet-Selch is a good, albeit overrated antagonist.
    • Zenos is a great villain and he is not boring. The problem is that he is misued. Zenos is at his most interesting - and his most threatening - when he is being intellectual. Cunning. He doesn't come off as scary when he's used as a brute. It also doesn't help that he spent the entirety of the Shadowbringers patches lounging around in a chair.

Other
    • Mists of Pandaria was the best WoW expansion. WoD was also pretty good but was the beginning of the end.
    • Legion was when WoW went legit bad.
    • Octopath Traveler is a mediocre game dressed up in a coat of paint of FFVI aesthetics, a game that was marketed towards old SNES JRPG fanboys, and they bit the bait.
    • Tales of Zestiria is a fine game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Diablo 3 was a good game
    ^^^THIS^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Consoles
    • The N64 was a bad console

2 of the best Zelda's and it's bad ? come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    2 of the best Zelda's and it's bad ? come on.
    Ocarina of Time was innovative for its time but has not aged well. Majora's mask brought nothing to the table besides being more Ocarina but with the reset gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    red dead redemption 2 is a polished shit.
    Dammit, I wanted to say that.

The best FromSoftware game is Kuon, period.
    Last edited by Dead Moose Fandango; 2021-05-15 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Consoles
    • The N64 was a bad console. The only good games on it were Mario 64, Star Fox 64, and Pokemon Stadium 2. It had no RPGs.
    • The PS Vita was the best handheld console. Huge library of amazing, high quality JRPGs. You could remotely stream your PS4 at home to your PS Vita. It was the last handheld that actually fit in your pocket.
    • No, the PS1 and the SNES were not some golden age of JRPGs that has been lost. We're still in a golden age of JRPGs. Just because modern JRPGs aren't to your tastes doesn't mean that JRPGs aren't still good. The modern Japanese games industry is leagues above the modern Western games industry.

Trails series
    • Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 are the best Trails games.
    • all of the problems people criticize the CS games for existed since SC
    • Crossbell is a filler arc with no satisfying payoff
    • The villains of FC and Ao did nothing wrong
    • Crossbell is the rightful province of the Erebonian Empire.

Final Fantasy
    • FFVII is a good game, but it appears to be overrated because it was the most popular game, therefore you get more opinions shilling for it.
    • FFX likewise is a fine game, but appears to be overrated because more people played it than the others, so you get more opinions shilling for it.
    • FFXIII is a good game. Yes, the lack of towns to visit and NPCs to talk to was a bummer, but it was still nonetheless an overall good game. Great aesthetics and soundtrack too.
    • FFIX is NOT underrated. If anything it's overrated.
    • FFV is the actual underrated FF game. Go play it!
    • FFXIV ARR isn't anywhere near as bad as people like to make it out to be. It's just okay, and it gets better and better with each patch. Honestly by patch 2.3 I was starting to get really invested into the game and thought it was pretty good, though I still hated the fillers.
    • FFXIV Heavensward is overrated. It's only hyped up to high heaven because of the stark contrast between it and the rest of ARR, much like how people were amazed going from 2D FFVI to 3D FFVII. A lot of people overlook Heavensward's flaws. Stormblood was not a step down. The quality remained the same, but people were used to that level of quality when they were expecting another FFVI to FFVII jump in quality, so they ended up in a FFVIII situation where there isn't a particularly noticeable jump in quality from FFVII to FFVIII, and so they notice all of the flaws of the new game that they ignored in the old game, so they declare it to be bad.
    • Emet-Selch is a good, albeit overrated antagonist.
    • Zenos is a great villain and he is not boring. The problem is that he is misued. Zenos is at his most interesting - and his most threatening - when he is being intellectual. Cunning. He doesn't come off as scary when he's used as a brute. It also doesn't help that he spent the entirety of the Shadowbringers patches lounging around in a chair.

Other
    • Mists of Pandaria was the best WoW expansion. WoD was also pretty good but was the beginning of the end.
    • Legion was when WoW went legit bad.
    • Octopath Traveler is a mediocre game dressed up in a coat of paint of FFVI aesthetics, a game that was marketed towards old SNES JRPG fanboys, and they bit the bait.
    • Tales of Zestiria is a fine game.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^THIS^^^
    he said opinions that would stun people, not reveal having a room temp iq

mass effect games were boring as hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Diablo 3 was a good game and Blizzard did more than 99.9% companies would have in terms of free content updates for a game with no monitization beyond the box price. The fact it still has a presence and a playerbase this many years later proves that.

The people who disagree are either comparing it with rose tinted glasses to Diablo 2 and there childhood or comparing it to games with in-game shops (PoE) which have a constant stream of content because money.
    My only gripe with the game was it needed one or two more expansions. I just wanted more from it, especially after how RoS improved the game by quite a bit.

3+ Year Old Account
    WoW Classic will be better off than TBC Classic in the long term.

Cataclysm had the best overall talent system in WoW's history.

Given the current state of localization, Mother 3's probably best off not getting an official English release.

Similarly, given the modern social climate, Punch-Out!! is best off not getting another iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    My only gripe with the game was it needed one or two more expansions. I just wanted more from it, especially after how RoS improved the game by quite a bit.
    Going back to play D2 again during a lull in WoW I was surprised by how much smaller it was than I remembered. Five acts felt much bigger when you were 16.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

WoW Classic is better than Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    mass effect games were boring as hell...
    Also this. ME1 was decent at best, but the writing was pretty bad.

Sheperd: I saw Saren kill his friend! He's a traitor!
    Council: We don't believe you. Saren is our most trusted operative. Also you're grounded.
    *5 minutes later*
    Sheperd: I have a voice recording that proves Saren is a traitor! *even though it could easily have been faked*
    Council: Okay we believe you. Oh and your promoted to being our top agent now, go hunt Saren.

I think people mistake "good presentation with fancy camera angles and stuff" with "good writing". Mass Effect has good presentation but terrible writing, and it gets way worse with the Cerberus wanking in ME2 and ME3. Don't get me start on that Illusive Man nonsense. ME1 was at least a decent RPG, but then ME2 threw out the RPG gameplay and turned into Gears of War: sci fi edition.

FF-X2 wasn't bad.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Nier Automata is garbage. Nier Replicant/Gestalt is the superior game. But the story for Drakengard 1 is still the best of the series, shame about the crappy gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Going back to play D2 again during a lull in WoW I was surprised by how much smaller it was than I remembered. Five acts felt much bigger when you were 16.
    Never played the previous Diablo games. I do however look forward to D2Resurrected. What you say about it being short may ring true, which would make sense as to why they are including D2LOD instead of selling it to us at a later date.

I think it can be too effective at getting your glands to produce the good stuff.