Do you think blizzard will combine achievements with retail/classic.

When the achievements system comes to TBC/Wrath Classic Will there be like cross-progression/rewards. So say you play Wrath Classic and get the Nax meta you get the mount in retail. I think it would be a amazing way to bring back old mounts/mogs that are long gone.

I fully plan to play TBC Classic and in the future Wrath Classic. If they was to add this feature I would play both non-stop.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'd like them to, but I think they won't.

People discussed them adding Transmog/Titles/Mounts from Classic to your retail account back before launch. I think most people were opposed because they didn't want guildees whose sole intention was to get Scarab Lord/Atiesh/T3/Ashbringer/etc and then dip.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post

People discussed them adding Transmog/Titles/Mounts from Classic to your retail account back before launch. I think most people were opposed because they didn't want guildees whose sole intention was to get Scarab Lord/Atiesh/T3/Ashbringer/etc and then dip.
    Valid point but IMO I feel the flux of players that would play would outweigh the negative. That and the Classic community and the Wrath community may be very different.

Would be neat tho. There is so much blizzard could do to combine the two systems, I hope they do something.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post

It has bigger impacts then that as well. If you link everything over some items would have incredible value pre wrath without any real reason. Removed green boe and naxx items would be highly sought after and the market would change to reflect them.

Especially the frost resist crafted armor sets. They have some of the most unique looks in the game and each set is mostly removed with only the cloth being somewhat intact on live.

I think eventually they will allow it if we hit a classic cata but the longer they take to do it the better in my mind.

So you want the black and plague proto Drake to carry over the retail making everyone's effort that did them irrelevant?

I don't think we'll ever see anything cross over and the closet you will see is the TBC mount collectors edition. One for retail and one for classic.

It would making things special in the future irrelevant, oh I didn't play insert xpac and now mount is gone forever, no prob I'll jump on classic and grab it for retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    When the achievements system comes to TBC/Wrath Classic Will there be like cross-progression/rewards. So say you play Wrath Classic and get the Nax meta you get the mount in retail. I think it would be a amazing way to bring back old mounts/mogs that are long gone.

I fully plan to play TBC Classic and in the future Wrath Classic. If they was to add this feature I would play both non-stop.
    No, I do not believe they will be crossed. Blizzard for now does not have plans for it either. I do not believe it should happen, nor be needed. Classic has already proven that it is a stand-alone, and people want it to be so, it feels.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would expect characters you move or copy from vanilla classic and tbc classic to wrath classic will have the wrath era achieves only in wrath classic relevant to what achieves were there and possible to have in wrath classic.

I don't imagine vanilla classic or tbc classic will have achievements, beyond what your wrath classic characters would have in wrath classic from moves or copies from the others. Nor do I imagine retail would get achieves from any classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Healzerbot View Post
    So you want the black and plague proto Drake to carry over the retail making everyone's effort that did them irrelevant?

I don't think we'll ever see anything cross over and the closet you will see is the TBC mount collectors edition. One for retail and one for classic.

It would making things special in the future irrelevant, oh I didn't play insert xpac and now mount is gone forever, no prob I'll jump on classic and grab it for retail.
    They already put plague back into the game... black was less effort and more hoping people didn't dc. We lost one once from the easiest boss the spider one because a healer dced.

Black and plague and ToC to a lesser extent are terrible examples as they rewarded you for not having unreliable people not personal skill.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me, Yes!

After Wrath of the Lich King (Classic), I am more then sure that we will get Vanilla+ (classic) and that kind of vanilla will have Achivemants in it so that most people that play Current World of Warcraft (retail) will go back and hunt for things.

IMPORTANT: ofc... the Normal Classic Vanilla servers will still be there, so that people will have a choice where to play.

PS: a Vanilla+ will be a version of Vanilla (classic) where they would move the game forward after Naxxramas and during the BC and Wrath area.... since all that time so much happend... and we got only the Cata revamp, so if you ask me a Vanilla+ (classic)... would have such a great future and so much content.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

The only thing I can currently see carrying over is the Glad title since it's a different title.

Yea as it only makes the whole thing more attractive to players.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If Classic will go beyond Wrath (why not after all, every expac has or will have some nostalgia attached), veeery likely. Some people would for sure go apeshit cause they miss their second chance for some items.

Personally I would love it for one reason - I skipped big part of MoP and don't have cloak. So part of content (Ordos) is unavailable for me right now.