Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Burning Crusade Classic Beta Arena Rating Update - May 15

Burning Crusade Classic Beta Arena Rating Update - May 15
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve continued to test rated Arenas in the Burning Crusade Classic Beta, and we agree with a lot of feedback about the Rating requirements on Arena gear, which caused us to take a closer look at how we’re updating the system.

One change from the original game that we’re including is having your team and personal rating start at 0, rather than 1500, because we want players to work with their team to improve and push their rating higher, rather than give up because playing more is only causing their rating to decrease. However, we also recognize that teams that are starting out or still learning could feel unfairly penalized by a lower rating than they would have been able to achieve in 2007. While the updated MMR system does rapidly increase your rating for your earliest wins, we want to make sure the points you could expect to earn while improving were similar as well.

• We’re going to increase the Arena points granted to teams and players with less than a 1500 rating. A rating between 200 and 1500 will earn you:
    • 214-344 points per week for 5v5 arenas
    • 188-302 points per week for 3v3 arenas
    • 162-261 points per week for 2v2 arenas
    • The formula for ratings above 1500 remains unchanged, from the original Burning Crusade formulas, and rapidly starts awarding a lot more points once you pass 1500.

We also realized that putting the final Season 4 rating requirements on the Season 1 gear was a bit too restrictive for Season 1, which is when we want to encourage a lot of participation so players can have a wide field of competitors to measure their skills against. When original Burning Crusade first came out, lots of players felt compelled to join Arenas to improve item slots they hadn’t had luck with in dungeons, and we want to make sure that possibility continues to exist, while preserving the prestige of earning the best gear for the higher ratings.

• We’re going to use the rating requirements that were originally introduced with The Burning Crusade’s 3rd season, which requires a rating of 2000 for shoulders and 1850 for weapons.
    • The rest of the gear will have no rating requirements.
    • When Season 2 launches, we expect to use those same rating requirements for the Season 2 gear, while removing all requirements from the season 1 gear at that time.

We’ll keep an eye on how this feels in Season 1 as we watch how players approach this system, and we’ll keep Seasons 3 and 4 in mind as we develop potential tweaks or further improvements.

Overall, our goal remains to make Arenas accessible and rewarding, while reserving the most prestigious rewards – such as the new rank 1 title “the Infernal Gladiator” – for the very top players, and we hope these changes will help strike that balance.

On Tuesday (May 18), we’re going to end the current “season” in the Burning Crusade Classic Beta and we’re going to test our end of season calculations and rewards. Please feel free to test rated Arenas for the next couple of days and then check back into the Beta after Tuesday to see how that went.

Thank you!

cant wait to play arena on my warpstalker and boosted character!

Just like 15 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Just like 15 years ago!
    Just unsub, quit and spare us your endless whining.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Still not worth doing.
    I know alot more people coming back for arenas then to run the same raids that you can run on live.

People come back for alot of reasons and arena is absolutely one of them.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "We’re going to use the rating requirements that were originally introduced with The Burning Crusade’s 3rd season, which requires a rating of 2000 for shoulders and 1850 for weapons."

The only change I actually severely dislike. As a Raider in TBC I generally allowed others (mostly People that only PvE'd) to get Weapon Upgrades before myself, since I did Arena and was able to get myself a decent Weapon through my other Avenue of playing. The issue being I'm not the best PvP'er so I won't now be able to get a decent Weapon from the part of the Game I used to.

In TBC by the time the S3 requirements came in, I had already had enough time to work on my Professions and become self sufficient in Weapon Upgrades through Master Hammersmith, thus the Rating was inconsequential by that point to me.

Shitty change.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    "We’re going to use the rating requirements that were originally introduced with The Burning Crusade’s 3rd season, which requires a rating of 2000 for shoulders and 1850 for weapons."

The only change I actually severely dislike. As a Raider in TBC I generally allowed others (mostly People that only PvE'd) to get Weapon Upgrades before myself, since I did Arena and was able to get myself a decent Weapon through my other Avenue of playing. The issue being I'm not the best PvP'er so I won't now be able to get a decent Weapon from the part of the Game I used to.

In TBC by the time the S3 requirements came in, I had already had enough time to work on my Professions and become self sufficient in Weapon Upgrades through Master Hammersmith, thus the Rating was inconsequential by that point to me.

Shitty change.
    I don't think you're up-to-date. The previous/current system used S4 rating requirements which are much more restrictive. Also, rating requirements on weapons is a good system considering S2 weapon invalidated a fair bit of T4 and T5 weapons.

Good and welcome change. Shoulders and weapons will now be attainable by a larger group of people. Still challenging but achievable for the skilled casual player.

Shitty change.
    so basically working for your bis=shitty change, gotcha.

And fuck. They did the good thing, but now we're back to easily obtainable PvP gear that will make progression obsolete. Yay...

10+ Year Old Account
    this is actually a garbage change.

Shitty change.

So you have played for 15 years since then and you literally did not improve your PvP?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Just like 15 years ago!
    Can't wait to see people who told everyone to "not eat shit from Blizzard" glued to their screens and acting like it's second Christmas.

Sad Blizzard buckled to PvE players demands. With the new hugely inflated arena system they are introducing the previous rating standards were already so incredibly low I expected 80% of the playerbase to get their shoulders. Now 100% of the player base will be able to get the full arena set and weapons without any effort. So much for "preserving the prestige of earning the best gear for the higher ratings".

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    So you have played for 15 years since then and you literally did not improve your PvP?
    Nope, because PvP in WoW has been mostly trash since its release, never had the want to get better since it is 90% meta comps and I cbf playing a horrible unbalanced mess more than I have to. The only useful thing to ever come out of it was queuing a few times a week to get a piece or 2 of gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    I don't think you're up-to-date. The previous/current system used S4 rating requirements which are much more restrictive. Also, rating requirements on weapons is a good system considering S2 weapon invalidated a fair bit of T4 and T5 weapons.
    I wasn't up to date, but it just sounds like they replaced a shitty change with a shitty change instead of just leaving it be.

Just like 15 years ago!
    cant wait untill blackberry releases their newest phone!

One thing people aren't considering is it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to hit 1850 now than it was back in TBC. I would say on live now the avg ~1700 rating player is better than a ~2200 player was in TBC and I imagine this will be even more relevant in Classic-TBC as it's taking on a more niche playebase which will generally not be noobs as most are looking for a nostalgia trip meaning they've played for several years.

Not saying there wont still be bad players, ofcourse there will. Just saying there'll be a lot less bad players than there used to be and that a "bad player" in 2021 in someone who doesn't perfectly chain CCs/Interrupts, doesn't have 50 macros and 12 addons etc. Where as a bad player in TBC was someone who keyboard turned and didn't even use half there abilities. Getting to 1850 for your weapon is gonna be a damn sight harder now than it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeetmyfeet View Post
    so basically working for your bis=shitty change, gotcha.
    Easy should be kept easy.

No need to make things harder.

The content is just there to gear you up.

Making the gearing up more tedious is not going to be more fun.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    One thing people aren't considering is it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to hit 1850 now than it was back in TBC. I would say on live now the avg ~1700 rating player is better than a ~2200 player was in TBC and I imagine this will be even more relevant in Classic-TBC as it's taking on a more niche playebase which will generally not be noobs as most are looking for a nostalgia trip meaning they've played for several years.

Not saying there wont still be bad players, ofcourse there will. Just saying there'll be a lot less bad players than there used to be and that a "bad player" in 2021 in someone who doesn't perfectly chain CCs/Interrupts, doesn't have 50 macros and 12 addons etc. Where as a bad player in TBC was someone who keyboard turned and didn't even use half there abilities. Getting to 1850 for your weapon is gonna be a damn sight harder now than it once was.
    On the contrary, getting 1850 will be a lot easier. Relative strength has remained unchanged. There are just as many bad players as there used to be and relatively to good players they are just as bad as they were back then.

But rating will be inflated as hell with one big battlegroup. Getting weapons and shoulders will be a joke because 2k in 2021 will be the same as 1600 in 2007.