Thread: Greens...

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Greens...

I mean, this is just so typical...

The Green Party in Germany is probably representative for any Green party... and this is why nobody takes them seriously.

https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/gre...affen-101.html

Just a short summary of the article: The new chairman wants to abolish short distance and low cost flights if they win the election.

Now, in Germany we have a lame duck Chancellor, the designated successor is not really popular, the SPD (centre-left) is too unpopular to get any votes, and by some freak occurance in history, the Green party was actually set to be a serious contender for winning the whole damn thing and getting their first Chancellor.

Imagine that! Germany having a Green Chancellor. Impossible!

And then, probably inevitably, they do this... if they don't attack our Autobahn and kill their votes, they do this... why? This is making them literally unelectable for most people.

Why are Greens so retarded? Even now, in the perfect storm for a Green party, global climate issues, everyone trying to scramble and save the environment if we still can, a Pandemic that any party can score easy credit on... why do they kill their own campaign with this? I'll never understand those freaks.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

She's right though.

Why do we have to pay a lot of taxes on gasoline, diesel and heating oil, but huge corporations don't pay anything on kerosene? That's distortion of competition. Under fair circumstances short flights wouldn't be able to compete. Unless the destruction of our environment is priced in, capitalism will never solve environmental damage.

Unless energy costs go up, there won't be any heads to scratch in the foreseeable future.

Many young voters see this, and i'm happy about everyone getting the union out of our government. Their corruption and lobbying has to stop.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2021-05-16 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    She's right though.

Why do we have to pay a lot of taxes on gasoline, but huge corporations don't pay anything on kerosene? That's distortion of competition. Under fair circumstances short flights wouldn't be able to compete. Unless the destruction of our envorinment is priced in, capitalism will never solve environmental damage.

Unless energy costs go up, there won't be any heads to scratch in the foreseeable future.
    Maybe, but who's going to vote for someone that ruins their summer holiday in the Meds? That's right, nobody. Pick something that hurts corporations, not the consumer.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Maybe, but who's going to vote for someone that ruins their summer holiday in the Meds? That's right, nobody. Pick something that hurts corporations, not the consumer.
    Yeah, ignorant people won't vote green because of these reasons. But there are still enough other people left. Some things are more important than your vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It would just make the vacation a bit more expensive.
    Plus importing chicken from south africa et al. wouldn't be economic anymore, which would be a good thing. Low price goods should never be flown around the globe. Unless we change that, climate will change us.

Yeah, ignorant people won't vote green because of these reasons. But there are still enough other people left. Some things are more important than your vacation.
    I don't care about the issue personally, but I know this is costing them the election. Needlessly, they were in a good position. All they had to do is stay vague, talk about combatting climate change and dealing with the Pandemic and this would've been a home run.

Instead, they do the one thing that's sure to kill their chances, ruin people's vacation. You don't get it, this affects everyone, it's not just ignorant people, this is anyone but the most zealotry hippies dismissing this idea cos they didn't have a proper vacation for uh, over a year now. Probably not going to get a vacation this year either. To the moderates this is just a proof that the Greens are out of touch with reality, still. See, the other parties have discovered their Green streaks, too. And now all THEY have to do is be a bit more greener, focus on the Pandemic a little more and basically just do what they've always done, stay vague and promise whatever seems doable at the time.

I don't care about the issue personally, but I know this is costing them the election. Needlessly, they were in a good position. All they had to do is stay vague, talk about combatting climate change and dealing with the Pandemic and this would've been a home run.

Instead, they do the one thing that's sure to kill their chances, ruin people's vacation. You don't get it, this affects everyone, it's not just ignorant people, this is anyone but the most zealotry hippies dismissing this idea cos they didn't have a proper vacation for uh, over a year now. Probably not going to get a vacation this year either.
    Conservatives don't like to hear the truth, but conservatives wouldn't vote green anyway. Whether they can contain their momentum is yet to be seen.

At least you can tell that rightwingers are scared to death, which is a good thing. Their lies and desinformation campaigns are really telling.

Instead, they do the one thing that's sure to kill their chances, ruin people's vacation. You don't get it, this affects everyone, it's not just ignorant people, this is anyone but the most zealotry hippies dismissing this idea cos they didn't have a proper vacation for uh, over a year now. Probably not going to get a vacation this year either. To the moderates this is just a proof that the Greens are out of touch with reality, still. See, the other parties have discovered their Green streaks, too. And now all THEY have to do is be a bit more greener, focus on the Pandemic a little more and basically just do what they've always done, stay vague and promise whatever seems doable at the time.
    Boohoo. This sort of thing is exactly why I don't care about the whole climate freakout so to say. Let's save climate, climate this and that. And next you know, people are polluting all they can with quick cash schemes like cryptomining that leaves absolutely nothing useful behind after people have cashed out of it. Or, like said, people cry about their damn vacations due to pandemic going on, and won't give a damn about pollution the following year as long as they get their indulgencies for cheap price.

It's never going anywhere as long as people prioritise quick cash grabs, cheap stuff and luxuries over doing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Principles, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I mean, this is just so typical...

The Green Party in Germany is probably representative for any Green party... and this is why nobody takes them seriously.

https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/gre...affen-101.html

Just a short summary of the article: The new chairman wants to abolish short distance and low cost flights if they win the election.

Now, in Germany we have a lame duck Chancellor, the designated successor is not really popular, the SPD (centre-left) is too unpopular to get any votes, and by some freak occurance in history, the Green party was actually set to be a serious contender for winning the whole damn thing and getting their first Chancellor.

Imagine that! Germany having a Green Chancellor. Impossible!

And then, probably inevitably, they do this... if they don't attack our Autobahn and kill their votes, they do this... why? This is making them literally unelectable for most people.

Why are Greens so retarded? Even now, in the perfect storm for a Green party, global climate issues, everyone trying to scramble and save the environment if we still can, a Pandemic that any party can score easy credit on... why do they kill their own campaign with this? I'll never understand those freaks.
    Well if there's a decent plan to replace flights within Europe with massive investments into continental super high speed train networks why not, but that doesn't seem to be the plan, nor something Germany alone can reallistically pull off.

10+ Year Old Account
    The greens strategy is build around punishing regular folks, so they hope to achieve through force that people become more ecological. Increase the cost of living, increase taxes etc, it's no wonder their demographic is mostly well-off educated people who can afford it or people who don't really care about their quality of living.

It does not work that way sadly, the more you try to force things the more you get opposition. Want to decrease people dumping trash, sure fine it but it's more effective to set up some sort of structure that they can easier get rid of their trash than dumping it in forests. Want people to recycle? Make them pay more for regular trash! more effectively you can insert a system that rewards recycling by making trash recycling of certain materials free of cost.

It are those things that the green party does not get, they also as Slant now points out want to push that method through to companies, you don't force economic changes through that way... Why do they do this? I don't know maybe they are too much of idealists or they like their position in the governments, aren't they often seated in a majority but act like an opposition in said majority? That's my experience at least it's a nice spot to be in, every time something happens they don't like or can't defend they don't obstruct it but let it happen and point fingers to the other party.

The conservative base greatest mistake was to let the matter of climate change be hijacked by the left, far more realistic and long term change could have been made in coalition with companies and no this doesn't mean going easy on companies.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Nah, the german greens are a lot more conservative relative to other green parties. They are more centre-left here.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know this question is rhetorical, but quite frankly @Slant did you genuinely expect anything else from a Green Party? They can't help themselves as they represent the ultimate expression of rich left wing intellectuals.

Oh and the German Green Party is actually more competent then most Green Parties in Europe.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Conservatives don't like to hear the truth, but conservatives wouldn't vote green anyway. Whether they can contain their momentum is yet to be seen.

At least you can tell that rightwingers are scared to death, which is a good thing. Their lies and desinformation campaigns are really telling.
    The Greens (in Germany) aren't left-wing, they pretend to be--even believe it themselves--but they really are a conservative party nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The Greens (in Germany) aren't left-wing, they pretend to be--even believe it themselves--but they really are a conservative party nowadays.
    Excuse me, sir, we call this "Realos", not conversatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Neo-liberal is more fitting

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is going to be a fun thread, thanks @Slant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    pfft, this has nothing do with this particular Green party "playing their cards wrong". Their entire philosophy is a misunderstanding because it's primarily based on banning things instead of innovation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all Greens are that dumb though, but yeah, that is a bad selling point for one's career.

P.s. I honestly joined the thread because I thought we were to talk about vegetables. Here I was about to brag that I'm going to make a small vegetable garden with my kid.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    pfft, this has nothing do with this particular Green party "playing their cards wrong". Their entire philosophy is a misunderstanding because it's primarily based on banning things instead of innovation.

Basing your idealogy on what-ifs is not really a great way to gamble the future of humankind.