Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All the white knights, and simps defending Blizzard. LOL. pathetic.

Admit it, Shittylands sucks. Fact. It's boring and lame and feels like a filler expansion designed by interns. Plus this expansion has been out for almost 7 months, and still no content patch. 9.1 is probably another month or more away.

F the Raid only crowd. I haven't Raided since Legion, which had classic Raids. But WoW needs to be more than just Raid and M+. A vast majority of players don't Raid or M+. They need to design fresh end game content besides those two.

Ion and his "systems" need to go.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-05-17 at 10:29 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Im only aware of one timer? Am I missing some other timers?
    Choreghast will have a timer in 9.1
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Choreghast will have a timer in 9.1
    Give it two-three weeks before its nerfed to the ground because people rage they cant upgrade their leggos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Could you please define what "game design experience" actually means in regards to wow? And how some Blizzard employee that may or may not even play the game has more of it than some nolifer streamer that literally spends every waking hour in the game?
    Because that nolifer gamer only knows about playing games, not making them. Playing games and making games are not the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    You dont need to be a expert to see if things are fubar.
    I dont need to know how to fly a helicopter to see if one is upside down on a tree burning to know somebody fucked up.
    So are you then going to tell the helicopter pilot what instruments and maneuvers they should have piloted the helicopter with instead?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW Desperately Needs Some Kind of a Roundtable Between Devs and Players
    That would be good advice to a company that actually gives a shit about its clients, you're talking about Activision-Blizzard here. They dont give a shit enough.

Thats it. Its over. The company will eventually shut down and be sold off to Microsoft. Im calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    They gave away those appearances for free in SL. That's means they could never recreate that experience ever again. Everyone knows they can just wait and Blizz will make those mogs free for everyone.
    What do you mean gave it away for free? You didn’t have mage tower or other appearances added your account. Only made class-wide if it was a weapon that the spec could wield (so like holy silver hammer can be used by ret now). And the appearances were already account-wide for specs (shattered ashbringer on paladin A gives it for all paladins as ret that were 98+) throughout bfa.

Not sure where you are getting your incorrect info.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hard to watch personally - they tend to all be peaches on page 1 and 2, all agreeing about what is wrong - the fighting comes when they start trying to define the problem, and realise they all view it differently. Then they start trying to solve the problem, but as they all have different definitions of what the problem actually is, they start to attack each other and become overly aggressive.
    I can agree with that.

e.g Asmongold has the 'right' idea forming in his brain, but he never gets to level 2 or is afraid of backlash or something (even though he seems heavily invested in the argument already, the actual answers he needs to give would be chaos rising levels)
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I'm not so sure. They have their level scaling in the game. Why not make those kind of content with level scaling on? Then super casual with leveling gear has the same level of challenge than the mythic raider.
    I never understood why they didn't do that with the mage tower, with WQ gear it was very hard for a lot of specs and with high end raid gear it was apparently a joke. Same with Torghast.
    With Torghast they had even more possibilities to do that. In roguelikes you usually start naked - without anything. Let players start without anything and let them find anything in the run... gear, abilities, everything. Bang, same challenge for everybody.
    Because Johnny, let's say, the low skilled player who doesn't know how to interrupt, doesn't know what talents to use, and maybe picked his covenant based on aesthetics and performs 20% less dps than he should has to be able to complete his torghast run, just like min-maxing world first raider Timmy, and everyone in between. Because legendaries are for everyone in shadowlands, therefore everyone must be able to get their weekly soul ash. Scaling wouldn't solve anything, because if Johnny performs at 40% of what his gear provides him, he will fail (depending on what powers he gets of course, that's why the devs can't really touch powers either.) Failing torghast is NOT an option for the devs to allow when it comes to soul ash acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I can agree with that.

e.g Asmongold has the 'right' idea forming in his brain, but he never gets to level 2 or is afraid of backlash or something (even though he seems heavily invested in the argument already, the actual answers he needs to give would be chaos rising levels)
    Fun, enjoyment, entertainment - all very subjective terms. How much is a "lot" of time? For someone whos living a busy life, a few hours in one sitting is unheard of. For someone who doesnt work, 10 hours a day is no big deal. For some, normal raids are challenging, for others heroic is for alt night fun clears. Obviously i could keep going and going, but in the end, this is where the confusion comes from - nearly all the things being used to define the "problem" are subjective.

You see this in all forms of entertainment in particular - music is a great example, where even within fans of a certain genre, or even fans of a certain BAND cant agree on what a "good" album is - the Black Album by Metallica is a prime example, where over THREE DECADES later, fans still cant agree if it was a good album or not. The marvel movies are massive, and yet I have a friend who is unlikely to ever watch them unless its the only option on a flight or something. And dont even get me started on Star Wars (Kylo was a great character and the performance was top notch - fight me).

At the end of the day though, Blizzard are the only ones with any meaningful or insightful data - they know whos quit, whos started playing, what content people spend time doing, what content is performing well. Sadly, the fact they continue to commit to systems, adding more and more with each expansion, tells me players are obviously buying into them, even if the forums show otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The problem is that I don't want Blizzard to listen to players that aren't like ME.

What if Blizzard listens to Little Timmy that wants full mythic gear for logging in because he pays $15 dollars a month.

Or Mr. Megadeath Hardcore that wants to farm mobs in the forest for 18 hours a day, because he has nothing better to do.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-05-18 at 12:11 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I vaguely remember that there was a brief uproar regarding several theorycrafters complaining about the condescending and dismissive attitude of Blizzard developers on a private feedback forum; however, I cannot for the life of me remember the original poster who kicked off the discussion.
    It was posted originally in Reddit, although I can't find the thread in question. But the dude/dudette was in fact stating that he/she was invited to a private forum, where they would talk directly to developers. The thing used to work more or less fine, but once GC left, all these folks were pretty much ignored, even ridiculed by the dev team (or at least some of its members).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Give it two-three weeks before its nerfed to the ground because people rage they cant upgrade their leggos.
    I really hope so. The thing was advertised as a solo friendly experience, which means that if I have to go AFK for some reason, I can do so without failing the whole damn thing. Besides, I fail to see how would a timer improve the sack of utter boredom that is Torghast.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    agree,its rly sad seeing so many people look to legion favorably,when it by far had the most degenerate gameplay aspects,insane rng the likes we have never seen with legenderies and +70 ilvl titanforge,extreme infinite power ap grinds,crazy class imbalance specialy outdoors etc etc
    Those were pretty much its only issues. Everything else was top notch

thats the oposite of what the game needs,keep the players shity opinions as far away from the devs ears as posible,its what got us in to messes in the first place
    This! As a dev, not at Blizzard..., we love getting usable feedback. Key word being usable. And there are channels in place both at Blizzard and at my company for that sort of feedback to come to the R&D teams. A round table is not one of them, nor does it make any sense in this case.

It was posted originally in Reddit, although I can't find the thread in question. But the dude/dudette was in fact stating that he/she was invited to a private forum, where they would talk directly to developers. The thing used to work more or less fine, but once GC left, all these folks were pretty much ignored, even ridiculed by the dev team (or at least some of its members).

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope so. The thing was advertised as a solo friendly experience, which means that if I have to go AFK for some reason, I can do so without failing the whole damn thing. Besides, I fail to see how would a timer improve the sack of utter boredom that is Torghast.
    Coming from the " ffs just let me play mythic stop wasting my time with this bs camp" I can't say I get the timer either.

Absolutely NOTHING about content being solo friendly indicates you can afk whenever you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

man it is so sad for me to login to retail to check some auctions that I hope sell so that I can have gold to buy a wow token. It is just such a bad game. So different than what it used to be (and not for the good). only have a sub cause of classic and now tbc.

carries existed since vanila,its nice you finnaly realised they exist or think all of a sudden they are a problem now /slowclap

seeing if people can handle mecanics is mmo 101,boosted or not,plenty of people get boosted by friends or guilds that end up being clueless

and plenty of people just come back at one point in a patch cycle and just buy a boost,i know a fair bit of players who raided in top guilds that these days just come back check stuff out and buy a boost
    And has the wowtoken existed since vanilla?

It feels like every issue with 9.0 was brought up during the beta. They either don't listen or don't care.

Same thing happened with BfA. WoW is basically a 2-year paid beta at this point until the x.3.5 patch comes out that addresses the expansion's issues

5+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely NOTHING about content being solo friendly indicates you can afk whenever you want.
    Weirdly enough, all single player games I've played allow me to go AFK for extended periods of time. As a matter of fact, even RTS's do, when played in SP mode. So yes, I fully expect solo content to allow AFK'ing, especially when Visions got a lot of backlash due to the timer - hell, that was one of the reasons why the Torghast timer was removed when SL was still in alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    And has the wowtoken existed since vanilla?
    what about the token?