Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    No the devs should cut all communication with the players and design the game that they want. We are awful game designers and the more they listen to us the more the game suffers.

  2. #42
    It's hilarious how no one realizes this game started going down the drain when the developers started listening to the cabbies on social media.

  3. #43
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,676
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    God no. Players are absolutely unable to provide professional feedback and objective, construcitve criticism.
    But professionals probably aren't playing the game in the first place, and if they ever are, they are a VERY small % of the overall population. Would you listen to the sub 5% of professional players and leave everyone else out in the cold? Well, by the looks of SL, it seems to have happened already. Furthermore, who decides what is "constructive" criticism and what isn't? You?
    Current state of WoW lore:
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Who'd have known that the Domination guy whose aesthetics are 80% chains wasn't into freedom. Nobody could have seen this coming.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwimmerlaik View Post
    Wouldn't matter. The current development team would take a ton of notes and then thank the players for their input, then tell them politely that they know better than they do.
    and, judging by the forums, they would be absolutely right...

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    "everyone everywhere"
    hmmm... few people on forums (and yes, compared to size of playerbase its few) and some streamers who somehow after hating on game for years still havent quit... i wonder why if they hate it so much... almost like they bitch and whine only bcs that will bring them more clicks...

    i understand if you agree with OP you take even him alone as "Everyone" but you are completely out of reality... absolute majority of people dont even use forums, so saying everyone hate the game based on less than 1000 people going on MMO-C is incredibly stupid...
    I've seen nothing but complaints everywhere. Even coworkers and friends and family who play.

    It is common knowledge the game direction has been aimless. Even devs have come out to say that direction is aimless as there is conflict in what the devs want the game to be. This is coming from Ghostcrawler. If it was a problem before he left, it has clearly only gotten much worse.

  6. #46
    Legendary! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    6,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    source: dude trust me
    Can u say with a straight face u have faith in the dev team? After seeing what we have gotten the past few years?

    Me and many do NOT have faith in Blizz to make the game without fucking it up first, adding systems nobody wants, then "fixing it" in x.3.5 of an expansion is not enough.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2020Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

  7. #47
    Feedback isn't the secret ingedrient to create a good game, devs with a clear vision and the skills to execute it are.
    The whole discussion about "devs aren't listening" is to some extent overblown, the devs first and foremost need to figure out what game they want to create and then build something.
    People could give the most objective, concise feedback and it still wouldn't do shit if the devs cannot process it properly.

    Imagine giving someone at work the possible advice to their job - it won't do jackshit if the guy doesn't have the necessary skills to do the job in the first place.

    And yes, the implication that the current devs (or at least the team as whole) aren't exactly competent is intended.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    ...

    What do you think? Do you agree? Do we need some hope instilled into us and some initiative taken by the WoW team?
    Dude stop creating pointless threads. This is smurf idea. It should never happen.

  9. #49
    WoW currently feels like an MMO that is written by a team chock full of introverts when an MMO needs a team full of extroverts. That's really the problem. Every new change is about increasing solo play or maybe adding a multiplayer feature but multiplayer is not the same as social.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    No the devs should cut all communication with the players and design the game that they want. We are awful game designers and the more they listen to us the more the game suffers.
    It’s an active multiplayer game being financially supported by an massive community, not a privately funded passion project with a release in the distant future.

    The point being, it’s a community driven game and the voices of the community “should” matter.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-05-16 at 08:57 PM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    It's hilarious how no one realizes this game started going down the drain when the developers started listening to the cabbies on social media.
    What's even more hilarious is that they still desperately trying to implement "predatory" game mechanics which are proven to "hack" our brains with dopamine rushes, etc.
    The thing is, WoW's audience has a lot more neckbeards than candy crush saga's, so those are not working here and we are revolting.

    But if you see WoW's future as a game where they try to make us spend more time with less dungeons, less zones and more RNG, and you laugh at everyone who cannot see that this is good, well... hilarious too

  12. #52
    The problem with this, is that not every customer for blizzard wants the same thing. Theres people who want titanforging and then there is people who dont. So where do you draw the line on with what your customers like and don't like. If you don't like what blizzard is doing, move on to another game. They're not changing and show no signs of changing.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    "everyone everywhere"
    hmmm... few people on forums (and yes, compared to size of playerbase its few) and some streamers who somehow after hating on game for years still havent quit... i wonder why if they hate it so much... almost like they bitch and whine only bcs that will bring them more clicks...

    i understand if you agree with OP you take even him alone as "Everyone" but you are completely out of reality... absolute majority of people dont even use forums, so saying everyone hate the game based on less than 1000 people going on MMO-C is incredibly stupid...
    when the majority of people, on the majority of forums (and that is a fact, just look around some of the more popular forums rn) are not liking it, then that indicates that the majority of people doesnt like it.

    same principle as with every survey ever: you cant ask EVERYONE, but when most people of a certain number you asked say "no", chances are the majority of all people will also say "no"
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

    From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

    He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

  14. #54
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Feedback isn't the secret ingedrient to create a good game, devs with a clear vision and the skills to execute it are.
    The whole discussion about "devs aren't listening" is to some extent overblown, the devs first and foremost need to figure out what game they want to create and then build something.
    People could give the most objective, concise feedback and it still wouldn't do shit if the devs cannot process it properly.

    Imagine giving someone at work the possible advice to their job - it won't do jackshit if the guy doesn't have the necessary skills to do the job in the first place.

    And yes, the implication that the current devs (or at least the team as whole) aren't exactly competent is intended.
    I dont think thats fair. I think they're actually quite competent just grossly misguided and given far too much freedom.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  15. #55
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    Posts
    28,407
    I've seen how player behaviour and feedback shapes the game.

    I prefer it when they do their own thing and say screw the haters, and I miss the times when they didn't just focus on "player engagement" metrics since players are, in general, idiots. Just look at the people burning out on grinds. They burnout, sure, but they leave phat positive metrics of engagement with the content just fine all the same.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-05-16 at 10:42 PM.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Saying that you don't like a game? Fine.

    Saying that you, with zero game design experience, know what the fixes should be? Sorry, that ain't gonna fly.


    I liken it to this. If a chef makes something and you don't like it, fine. No one can tell you you have to like it. But if you then start to say "well obviously this is how you cook it better!" with zero cooking experience, why in the hell would anybody listen to you?

    The only overarching systems we have to thank "player feedback" for are shit like no flying. Which is an excellent example of why player feedback should be taken with a grain of salt.
    You dont need to be a expert to see if things are fubar.
    I dont need to know how to fly a helicopter to see if one is upside down on a tree burning to know somebody fucked up.

  17. #57
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    Posts
    28,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Things will change drastically soon. In what direction I have no idea but you can't keep taking terrible hits constantly. I would be very surprised to see the next expansion being similar but who knows times will tell.
    Going by their official reports throughout BfA and the first report for SL, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑

  18. #58
    Pandaren Monk Nalam the Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    1,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Looks at the cash shop and token system and then
    WoW is far behind other MMO's in terms of cash shop tho,

    We need more things in it not less.

    Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

  19. #59
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    Posts
    28,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    You dont need to be a expert to see if things are fubar.
    I dont need to know how to fly a helicopter to see if one is upside down on a tree burning to know somebody fucked up.
    Comparing it to objective things like a Helicopter being upside down burning atop a tree is rather dishonest.

    WoW is entertainment. Outside of WoD, there has scarcely been a single damned thing that's been universally hated to a point where it saw lowered profits for the game.

    What you think is fubar about the game, someone else thinks is the shit. I've literally got friends telling me that Torghast and Covenants are amazing, and here I am wanting to projectile vomit at the idea of engaging with either one.

    I remember how much people shat on WOTLK, nowadays hailed as this game's pinnacle by many. MoP was haaaaated when it was current, yet as years passed the people who actually experienced it, shaped the opinion and now it never ranks low on top expansion lists.

    WoW is not a helicopter that can be flown correctly, or incorrectly with risks of crashing and burning. No matter how much some people (Youtubers mostly) seem to think themselves to be experts on flying an MMORPG.

    WoD still made 800k USD on its worst year to boot. The helicopter equivalent would've been for the game to die out and make NO money. And it didn't, because many of us still managed to have fun in that expansion.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I've seen how player behaviour and feedback shapes the game.

    I prefer it when they do their own thing and say screw the haters, and I miss the times when they didn't just focus on "player engagement" metrics since players are, in general, idiots. Just look at the people burning out on grinds. They burnout, sure, but they leave phat positive metrics of engagement with the content just fine all the same.
    MOP development was when ghostcrawler was around and the devs were the most active interacting and communicating with the community they've ever been.

    Literally the opposite of what you're saying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •