Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

WoW Desperately Needs Some Kind of a Roundtable Between Devs and Players

People are losing more and more faith in the WoW development team and SL.

I don't mean bringing in toxic people like Asmongold or Bellular but actually get in a myriad of different types of player type community leaders and host a long roundtable type discussion between them and key developers. This is just my opinion but I'd say intentionally avoid the super popular streamers and Youtubers. Bring in people who have gold making and crafting channels, and guys who are into the lore, and guys who just like leveling and managing alts, not simply the elite raiders and M+ers. Make it a 4-hour back and forth or something, I don't care. It doesn't even have to be public, though that'd be nice, just an acknowledgement that it happened from both sides.

Ion scheduled an interview with Preach a couple weeks ago and the perception was that he came away feeling incredibly out-of-touch with the community. People coming away with an even more negative view of the game after an interview is a rarity. I don't mind Ion he's a good dude but there needs to be a connection established again and faith and good will restored for 10.0.

No one wants to humor the idea that this game is in a managed decline state, it is simply in a rut right now and that can be fixed. But people like JAB need to tempor Kotick and let Blizzard do its thang like it used to, and engage with the players. I really want to be sold on the idea of this game moving forward again and feel genuine excitement like I did back in Legion. Legion, for all of its flaws, felt like it had a true vision and passion to it.

What do you think? Do you agree? Do we need some hope instilled into us and some initiative taken by the WoW team?

Let's Make Azeroth Great Again.

3+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't take MMO-C for word. People on here are pretty negative about the game. And it's not like there weren't a channel for communication, we have the official forums where blizz is pretty active.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

thats the oposite of what the game needs,keep the players shity opinions as far away from the devs ears as posible,its what got us in to messes in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    You shouldn't take MMO-C for word. People on here are pretty negative about the game. And it's not like there weren't a channel for communication, we have the official forums where blizz is pretty active.
    I'm not. I visit multiple communities both from websites like MMO-C, r/wow, discords, dozens of streamers, the official forums, and sometimes other alternative cesspits like 4chan and the overall sentiment is just negative.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need less of it tbh. Just look at this forum, or even worse, the official forum... yeah no thanks.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    source: dude trust me

10+ Year Old Account
    the more players are heard by professionals, the worse the game becomes. they shall really encrypt seriously their content to stop datamining and stop having "community" managers. they have to do like nintendo. their marketing nonsense had a cost

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    People on here, on wowhead, on Reddit, on the official forums, on YouTube, on Twitch, and in game are pretty negative about the game. Will it take the president of the United States to shit on the state of the game to tell you most people aren't enjoying it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    Source: dude trust everybody everywhere voicing their concerns and discontent. Quit living in your fantasy world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    We need less of it tbh. Just look at this forum, or even worse, the official forum... yeah no thanks.
    This.
    /10chars
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats the oposite of what the game needs,keep the players shity opinions as far away from the devs ears as posible,its what got us in to messes in the first place
    Looks at the cash shop and token system and then all the carries spamming everything...

Weird take but ok.

If we had new content the number of these threads everywhere would go down like 95%

That's the thing that wow needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Source: dude trust everybody everywhere voicing their concerns and discontent. Quit living in your fantasy world.
    "everyone everywhere"
    hmmm... few people on forums (and yes, compared to size of playerbase its few) and some streamers who somehow after hating on game for years still havent quit... i wonder why if they hate it so much... almost like they bitch and whine only bcs that will bring them more clicks...

i understand if you agree with OP you take even him alone as "Everyone" but you are completely out of reality... absolute majority of people dont even use forums, so saying everyone hate the game based on less than 1000 people going on MMO-C is incredibly stupid...

I don't mean bringing in toxic people like Asmongold or Bellular but actually get in a myriad of different types of player type community leaders and host a long roundtable type discussion between them and key developers. This is just my opinion but I'd say intentionally avoid the super popular streamers and Youtubers. Bring in people who have gold making and crafting channels, and guys who are into the lore, and guys who just like leveling and managing alts, not simply the elite raiders and M+ers. Make it a 4-hour back and forth or something, I don't care. It doesn't even have to be public, though that'd be nice, just an acknowledgement that it happened from both sides.

Ion scheduled an interview with Preach a couple weeks ago and the perception was that he came away feeling incredibly out-of-touch with the community. People coming away with an even more negative view of the game after an interview is a rarity. I don't mind Ion he's a good dude but there needs to be a connection established again and faith and good will restored for 10.0.

No one wants to humor the idea that this game is in a managed decline state, it is simply in a rut right now and that can be fixed. But people like JAB need to tempor Kotick and let Blizzard do its thang like it used to, and engage with the players. I really want to be sold on the idea of this game moving forward again and feel genuine excitement like I did back in Legion. Legion, for all of its flaws, felt like it had a true vision and passion to it.

What do you think? Do you agree? Do we need some hope instilled into us and some initiative taken by the WoW team?

There is a reason why those streamers / youtubers are as big as they are and a big reason for that is that many people share their opinion or are interested in it.
    I am not saying just listen to Asmongold ONLY, but is voice is equally valid to people like Tali/Evi, Belular (I have no idea how you can say THAT guy is toxic, compared to a lot of people I have seen he is very moderate and I'm saying that while I don't even like him very much for this attention seeking headlines and the sheer amount of Ads in his videos) and others.

Why are you talking for everyone?

I agree with Ion on 99% of the things he says, the best part was literally "The math behind gear difference is 1% per item level, if you are seeing anything else its because you are bad at the game".

At least someone official came out and said it.

Game is fine, finally its back to raid logging and having relevant characters, even better i can even have alts cause there are no irrelevant grindy dailies or system.

Yeah they are off schedule for 2 months this time, big deal, just wait for 9.1 while doing something else with your life.

Lets hope they dont fuck it up next expansion because they listened to the irrelevant players that think "social anxiety" is a legit problem as to why they cant progress in game.

Devs usually don't want to be controlled by players, because profit =/= better game. Another factor is - money. Example? Player housing. It's good for players, but would be too expensive to implement. So it's not worth development resources.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying that you don't like a game? Fine.

Saying that you, with zero game design experience, know what the fixes should be? Sorry, that ain't gonna fly.

I liken it to this. If a chef makes something and you don't like it, fine. No one can tell you you have to like it. But if you then start to say "well obviously this is how you cook it better!" with zero cooking experience, why in the hell would anybody listen to you?

The only overarching systems we have to thank "player feedback" for are shit like no flying. Which is an excellent example of why player feedback should be taken with a grain of salt.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Looks at the cash shop and token system and then all the carries spamming everything...

Weird take but ok.
    the cash shop isnt whats ruining the game,it has literaly no effect on actual gameplay and player experience,the only negative aspect is maybe we lose a more interesting model as a drop now and then

the stuff ruining the game is the extreme catering to casual players in 90% of the game

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the cash shop isnt whats ruining the game,it has literaly no effect on actual gameplay and player experience,the only negative aspect is maybe we lose a more interesting model as a drop now and then

the stuff ruining the game is the extreme catering to casual players in 90% of the game
    I can't say I have any faith in the developers vision since legions ap system. Still to each their own. I kind of hope wow gets turned over to an entirely new team these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post

come one like... I mean its fair enough to question everything but this one is really not a surprising observation. Even if its not true for you, look basically everywhere an you will see that the majority agrees with this statement.

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly?

I don't think we, the players can do much other than share what we would like to see. In the end, it is the team doing the heavy lifting.

And it would be difficult to create a round table talk with the ability to get everyone heard, for the community is so vast in options, some people believe their options have more value than other options. Heck, we can't even get close to that during moderated Q&A because there are just some options louder than others, and thus others aren't being heard. We see it at every Q&A.

The only way which is staff torture for Blizzard Entertainment is if every active battle.net account gets 3 questions each, type it into a form, and then have staff respond to all of these, one and all, which will take too long for the staff. And have some sort of marking to ping the account once your question has been answered with a minimum of two lines of text. Even this process won't be fair on the staff.

So, the last we have is the forums (official ones) and 'Send Feedback' button.. The rest is just too heavy or not thorough enough.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..