Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    Playing classic made me realize i miss having a melee stat sticks for all the specs.

All weapons are hunter weapons.
    There is 0 value of melee weapons to the class beyond cosmetic value. I'd be perfectly fine with the ability to show melee weapons on the Hunter as long as it was kept strictly cosmetic and didn't jarringly interfere with the rest of the class the way it did before MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Just because YOU don't doesn't mean no one does, sorry

Only reason it's problematic is because Blizz is afraid of making it powerful, then people like you would cry because they'd "have to" play melee
    yep, and EXACTLY that was their design fail in changing a full range spec after years to a melee spec. its totally fine that ppl like melees. even liking the surv melee spec, or new players like to play a melee/ranged mixed class. different ppl have different taste. no question. all of that is per se totally fine.

BUT: doing this with an existing class (10 years or so) instead doing it with a new class, is HORRIBLE for the ppl committed themselfes to that class years ago. because for the EXACT reason you mentioned:

Blizz cant handle 36 specs balance wise. and for a „triple dps spec / pure dps“ class, 1 spec HAS to be the worst one and 1 HAS to be the best. and now you have an unsolvable problem: do you make melee spec the best, then you fuck up all ppl playing the class since years and force them into melee. something they never want and threfore choosed hunter class years ago. making range specs the best, then the melee spec always sucks and no one wanna play it (competitive).

and now you see why it was horrible fail design: they factually created a situation where they just can loose. they literally automatically fucked up the melee spec of hunter, in the moment they created it. regardless what they do. every good software or game designer knows that „problematic design thing“ and think about it. its well known. thats the reason why stuff like that is done for newly added content/classes. and never for existing ones. Blizz obviously dont realiized that after so many years of xp.

sad but true.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-08-08 at 03:51 AM.

#1 most wanted thing that will never happen: They'll revert the MoP Dismiss Pet nerf. They upped the cast time from 2 to 3 secs as a pvp nerf, expressly stated to be only a pvp nerf, but pets being able to give you every buff in arena is no longer a thing so they should lower Dismiss Pet's cast time again since it only hurts you in pve now!

But Blizz never keeps notes and remembers to fix stuff like that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Pet Spec able to change again
    This!

And, I want to choose what kind of racial spell my pet would have....frogs, should have a poisonous spell instead of flies and Dodge stuff, it would fit more to my tribal magical Troll Hunter..

And a fourth spec (fifth?), ofc..
    BM
    MM
    A more magical heavy ranged spec
    Survival Melee

I want to be able to pick my pet's spec again.
    I want my pet's defensive mode to work like it did before it we had 'assist'.
    I want aspect of the cheetah to be restored to how it was pre legion.
    Put survival back to ranged
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Thats the way! All weapons are hunter weapons again.

Maybe you can also remember the reason way we lose our weapons in the first way was ... PvP again. Yes ... PvP ...

Many hunters cry out that they are forced to buy two main weapons and all other classes not ... Blizz was hearing the crying ... and changed it and reduced the prices jsut for the hunters ... and opened the hell of crying people all other all other classes ... so Blizzard used the next expansion to get rid of this all ... and there was it born ... we all forced to play just be range ... how stupid this was ... 3 range specs and all players just played this one with the calculated most damage ...

same with arrows ... all cry we had to use a bag for arrow's mimimimi ... blizz as taken it from us.
    same with pets ... all cry about feeding and teaching and level them ... blizz as taken it from us.
    same with range survival ... all cry about three sucking range specs ... blizz reinvented the survival as melee spec ...
    and so on ...

So be care full what you wish ... blizz is maybe hearing you and will just make it even more worse for all of us.

My hunter wish list is that we are removed from the game, and replaced with Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn. She's ranged and melee, she tames and uses pets, elemental arrows, traps as both mines and wires. What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Just because YOU don't doesn't mean no one does, sorry

Only reason it's problematic is because Blizz is afraid of making it powerful, then people like you would cry because they'd "have to" play melee
    But you would kill BM with that change. People love BM exactly the way it is. You are in a sever minority with that one.

7+ Year Old Account
    My Hunter wish list would be;
    Pets can swap specs OR taming a pet gives you a random spec.

Being able to tmog enchant visuals on bows.
    Add the 4th spec.

Fundamental baseline shared abilities overhaul to be more modern.

MM to have unique "arrows" that can be switched off gcd but have a cd to feel organic.

BM to play more like Demonology in the sense that you could do more with your pets.

SV not having a bomb explode in front of their face and be able to duel wield.

MM having a charged aimed shot where the longer you hold down the button the harder it hits up to a point.

MM having a more synergistic and intuitive rotation.

Pvp talent overhaul for all specs.

On pets that make sense, the possibility to ride them as an ability for mid combat or simply for traveling.

MM being able to "call in" pets for Master's call and Roar of Sacrifice for the ability's duration (losing LW temporarily) and then auto dismiss on top of their current functionality.

MoP's Powershot replacing Snipershot.

Mending Bandage for all specs, just stronger for surv.

A new defensive to completely remove any ties to Feign death and leaving feign death alone. Maybe a very short duration Deterrence that can reflect spells and immune damage for 2-3s. It feels weird that to become defensively strong and even remove strong debuffs I must act dead.

Introduce Dark Ranger so that I can move on to a superior ranged damage dealer lol

Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    But you would kill BM with that change. People love BM exactly the way it is. You are in a sever minority with that one.
    Hello, I'm sorry but I don't love it. I always appreciated how braindead BM was, but this iteration is too much braindead, even for my flat encephalogramme.

actual fun gameplay/class mechanics.

MOP hunter was fun, especially with all the flexible utility.

then blizzard took a dump on the class and since then i could never find any fun in the hunter class.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    - Tame pets that also serve as mounts (like the hati toy)

- Flying pets that fly alongside you when you fly

- quivers
    Yes to all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    - The old Stampede, because having your active stable attack all at once was awesome.
    For me it would be the current Stampede, but with the models of your stables pets, instead of generic random monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Pets can swap specs OR taming a pet gives you a random spec.

Being able to tmog enchant visuals on bows.

MM to have unique "arrows" that can be switched off gcd but have a cd to feel organic.

BM to play more like Demonology in the sense that you could do more with your pets.

SV be able to duel wield.

On pets that make sense, the possibility to ride them as an ability for mid combat or simply for traveling.
    Yes, especially for dual wielding SV and special arrows. I vaguely remember frost and fire arrows at some point in the game.

My additional wishes would be for Inner Beast to become baseline again.

Dual wielding pistols for ranged attacks is something that was fantasized about since bc I think.

I heard you arguing about BM becoming melee or staying ranged.

How about making them both ? SV still has some ranged abilities. So you could lend some melee abilities like Raptor Strike and two others to BM.

Just make melee hunters a 4th spec so everyone gets what they want.

Mail armor really doesn't make any sense in the game any more. Only 2 classes use it and both of them from an RPG perspective make more sense as leather wearers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Hello, I'm sorry but I don't love it. I always appreciated how braindead BM was, but this iteration is too much braindead, even for my flat encephalogramme.
    YOu are one person. You will find that far more people love it than don't.

pets usuable by all speccs

survival being ranged again

good looking mail gear