Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I agree. And as a side note i saw 2 guilds imploding because of Officers / GM running exactly the same loot system as OP describe, actually exploiting the c**p out of it to gear first themselves finding pretexts. One disbanded completely. The last one saw the GM kicking almost everyone when he realized he could get everything by running GDKP only from P6.
    That is why priority list on top of a fair system like EP/GP is terrible. Because at some point, when those big ticket items drop, you see your Boomkin with 100% raid attendance during 1 year loose Tear to a mage who joined the guild 2 weeks prior. It is just terrible. There is absolutely no respect for your members.

You either do EP/GP or loot council. Not both. Just my opinion though.
    The failing of EPGP are you get people that horde EPGP for one piece of loot and and never take upgrades in other pieces. This is why EPGP needs an override system or a priority system. EPGP is the system that rewards bad habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    The failing of EPGP are you get people that horde EPGP for one piece of loot and and never take upgrades in other pieces. This is why EPGP needs an override system or a priority system. EPGP is the system that rewards bad habits.
    We had a rogue hoard for the entirety of phase 6 and we got our first Kingsfall last Saturday, the last "proper" raid of Classic. No one minded we were all very happy for him but his output will have suffered for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    who cares itll be gdkp in a week anyway....
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    Unless you are going after World First, there is no reason to be so tight about loot distribution.

Keeping the raiders happy and motivated is far more important then the minimal % of gain you will get by min/maxing loot.

Having a fully geared guildmate /gquit or stop raiding because of these kind of decisions will have a far larger impact on your raid dps. Loosing weeks worth of gear or having a spot to fill by someone reliable is much more difficult.
    That's what people often forget when it comes to loot and guild management. Maximizing spreadsheets is secondary to keeping the raid going, and team motivation and cohesion matters far more than your raid gaining 0.3% total DPS instead of 0.2% total DPS because you insisted on giving item X to OP class Y. Of course ideally you'd have both, but reality is often not ideal outside of world first contender guilds where everyone's on the same page.

Besides, c'mon, it's Kara, Gruul and Magtheridon. You don't need even close to BIS to down those raids easily.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    And leads to all the behavior we hear about constantly from people telling tbc and classic stories, where the geared cores from two different guilds merge to leave the “scrubs” behind, or the geared players keep moving up to better guilds, leaving their guild behind.

In short, all the behavior that explains why they moved away from this system.
    Ah yes, these blissful memories.

We have been a maximum mediocore Raiding guild in Vanilla, but we did not make it long into BWL. Whenever there way a keyplayer that had received his Full T1, they had a very high chance to just move on to the next better Guild, because suddenly they felt they deserverd all the loot because he was so superior.

Happened a couple of times and everyone got really frustrated and boom the guild disbanded!

Once you find a solid raid group none of that matters

You'll be killing bosses weekly and getting gear. Being a salty bitch about who gets what is silly, you'll all end up full T4,5,6 and full BIS eventually anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Where’s the downside to this? Sounds like he made his choice and the other dozen slots (and his dps) suffered for it.

I get that every system has flaws, but saving up longer than the next guy for a piece you want doesn’t sound like a super negative thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ihate2beapessimist View Post
    You'll be killing bosses weekly and getting gear. Being a salty bitch about who gets what is silly, you'll all end up full T4,5,6 and full BIS eventually anyways
    Loot drama rarely happens over Tier pieces, it usually happens over pieces where your chances of getting one aren't terribly high of getting it.

Take something such as Drakefang Talisman, if every Melee you have in raid has one without resorting to split raids or runs outside the guild, you've been damn lucky or farmed BWL despite Naxx release (which most guilds didn't and told those people to just pug it).
    Same goes for any KT weapons, i didn't see a lot of Gressil / THC, so the odds of every Melee having one are pretty slim.

I don't want to "justify" loot drama, but unless you've been splitraiding like hell, the chances of the majority of raidmembers actually being full BiS are pretty low.

imagine tryharding in a 14 year old game thats been cleared ages ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    It's not, it's going to be an easier version, lolz.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Same goes for any KT weapons, i didn't see a lot of Gressil / THC, so the odds of every Melee having one are pretty slim.
    As I mentioned earlier, we had our very first Kingsfall drop from KT only last Saturday. 7 or 8 sodding crossbows, and lost track of the caster neckpieces... "reeee"
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Besides Lightning Capacitor going to the Ele, nothing should be prioritized to anyone imo (obviously the piece should fall in line with proper stats and what not for the class).

It's T4, this stuff is a cakewalk, and I've seen enough times where players get their DST and eventually quit the game or leave guild. If it's an upgrade, go for it and roll. Prot pally needing Magus blade over your mages and locks?....sure go for it...it's an upgrade for you too.

IMO everything in TBC should be /roll with some honor to let other players grab some gear throughout the same raid. Anyone getting butthurt about losing something to someone it slightly benifits less I will simply laugh at.

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Raids like Kara or Gruul are perfectly pugable so making rules like Dragonspine Trophy go to Hunters first will make all your melee question if they woud rather pug t4 then raid with you
    Any melee who thinks this can fuck off. Hunters has been lowest prio all of classic on any of the trinkets that pretty much exclusively went to Warriors in BWL, AQ and Naxx.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Never got this mentality. So you are not allowed to "tryhard" any of the older games cause someone has already beaten it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Any melee who thinks this can fuck off. Hunters has been lowest prio all of classic on any of the trinkets that pretty much exclusively went to Warriors in BWL, AQ and Naxx.
    I dunno, Badge of the Swarmguard is kinda nice sometimes, and the warriors and rogues actually didn't *want* that one

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    If this is what his guild wants to do, who cares?

It's better to sort loot out now before it drops.
    I can backtrack to the OP point i guess i missed that his guild is going this route though it's not my way of doing t4:

Lightning Capacitor - ELE
    T4 - Lock 2pc / Ele 2pc / Feral tank 4 pc - dont think anything else is incredibly awesome and worth prio'ing outside of these bonuses
    DST - rogue/hunter
    Skulkers - survival hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ozzynclyde View Post
    I can backtrack to the OP point i guess i missed that his guild is going this route though it's not my way of doing t4:

Lightning Capacitor - ELE
    T4 - Lock 2pc / Ele 2pc / Feral tank 4 pc - dont think anything else is incredibly awesome and worth prio'ing outside of these bonuses
    DST - rogue/hunter
    Skulkers - survival hunter
    Thank you for this post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    Yeah, no problem. I was just confused because he wasn't trying to prio loot for the entire expac, though I'd be surprised if the phase lists don't exist for BC.
    I'm hoping that tier 5 brings with it mostly replacements for most slots and there isn't too many "This item you get in the 2nd week will last you until Sunwell" items out there. But knowing what items could be problematic early will help

And yeah kinda hoping to reduce the work load by asking people who may have already looked into it for their own class before spending however long it is comparing phase lists for each spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I used hunter more as example of class that is top dps fore all tbc sims and probalby get stack and get prio loot above all other class

think is that in TBC after raids get down to 10 or 25 making pug is much easier then for 40 men raids and you are less of a "slave" to the guild and when guild make a rules that hunter and lock get items befour any other dps it kinda make you question if you realy wona raid in that guild, Warr geting all loot in classic and min/maxing bosses that died easy with out that kinda turn me off from classic raids personaly

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Then you've misunderstood my priorities with this guild but that's okay I wasn't going into that as it isn't the point of the thread. I just want to hear about items that are going to be highly contested so that the system they're gonna use works as smoothly as it can. I knew when I made the thread it would be about 70% or more people saying "You just shouldn't use that loot system" and that's fine. I can update the OP with those items that do get mentioned.
    why arent the officers doing this??
    why is a random raider doing it??

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    why arent the officers doing this??
    why is a random raider doing it??
    Why does that matter? The officers are also doing this.

I was a hunter that had been in the guild since phase 4 and was still playing, so they invited me along to the discussion during which I offered to do it (find out what the highly sought after/contested items would be) because I have some time on my hands, and while they're a brilliant bunch of people to play with, it seemed like they were moderately unprepared; and I'd prefer TBC to start as smoothly as possible. Rather than complain about the system they've chosen I'm opting to try and help it work.

I hope that satisfies you, but you're free to continue thinking I'm doing this all in an attempt to subvert their decision, or whatever it is you're implying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    If there was a meaningful challenge that this scheme would allow us to overcome, yes. However, in Classic/TBC Classic, it's not gear gatekeeping you from killing bosses. I'm not passing literal BiS until end of TBC to some doofus because he happily fotm rerolled hunter because he saw it was #1 dps in TBC.
    That's funny, because Hunters passed on shitloads of stuff in Vanilla so that melee could play with their bigger dick DPS toys.

Pretty funny how it flips when Hunters are actually good.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.