Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That's funny, because Hunters passed on shitloads of stuff in Vanilla so that melee could play with their bigger dick DPS toys.

Pretty funny how it flips when Hunters are actually good.
    What's funny? I didn't agree with it in classic, I don't agree with it in TBC.

Personal Loot was the best damn thing they added to the game. My Mythic guild in Shadowlands uses just that. It's so chill. If you don't need something you tell the Raid Leads and they use LC to give it to someone.

Meanwhile in my Classic guild they use LC where the class leads gear first or their friends or their dog, or they use DKP which is also incredibly easy to exploit if you collude with the other people behind the raid's back ( stuff like " I'll let you take DFT with 300 DKP if you let me take X for YZW ")

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    My Mythic guild in Shadowlands uses just that.
    ...it's not like Blizzard gives you a choice.

Meanwhile in my Classic guild they use LC where the class leads gear first or their friends or their dog, or they use DKP which is also incredibly easy to exploit if you collude with the other people behind the raid's back ( stuff like " I'll let you take DFT with 300 DKP if you let me take X for YZW ")
    Haha in Cataclysm I played in a guild with hidden bid DKP. You whisper the master looter how much DKP you offer and that is that. Highest bid wins. Colluding works until people backstab you by 1 DKP on an item - then it's on. It was so much damn fun, I literally never experienced a better system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    What's funny? I didn't agree with it in classic, I don't agree with it in TBC.
    It's funny to see melee complain about not getting prio on gear in TBC when they got prio on pretty much everything in Classic. Not from you specifically, but the melee tears are definitely flowing in abundance.

I have no pity at all after watching Hunters sit 2 tiers behind on their 1H weps for the entirety of Classic so that every melee and their mother could have one of each 1H weapon in the game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Yeah, unless you are trying to be super competitive about clearing BC content, there's no real reason to prioritize loot to certain classes over others.

I quit raiding in Classic because of all the insufferable loot councils that keep the meat and give you the bone. Half of the loot councils are crooked as fuck, the officers and class leaders tend to get all the gear first, then their friends, finally the rest of the crowd. Our luck with Rejuve gems sucked ass and when it was my turn they gave it to a reroll who already had a pimped out hunter and was friends with an officer, not like I was dead weight I always parsed high. Personal loot was the best loot system the devs implemented by far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DylxnTV View Post
    You could even ask the Boomkin if he would mind passing to the Mage for the benefit of the guild.
    So guilt trip the boomkin into giving up loot he earned and could make full use of so he will pass it on to the mage. Yeah that seems really fair to all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    ...it's not like Blizzard gives you a choice.
    What? You think Method doesn't use Loot Council? Yeah you can't trade the first high ilvl item you get but once you start getting them and can trade them all gear in the top guilds goes to who the boss says.

What? You think Method doesn't use Loot Council? Yeah you can't trade the first high ilvl item you get but once you start getting them and can trade them all gear in the top guilds goes to who the boss says.
    That's still Personal Loot, simply because people work around within the system, doesn't mean the system is totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So guilt trip the boomkin into giving up loot he earned and could make full use of so he will pass it on to the mage. Yeah that seems really fair to all involved.
    Whats fair about 39 other people in the raid carrying 1 player. people want participation loot in wow now? Dont like the loot rules find another guild its very easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Whats fair about 39 other people in the raid carrying 1 player. people want participation loot in wow now? Dont like the loot rules find another guild its very easy.
    rofl

that sentiment is rich especially if it comes from the mage who died at the start of the fight or something dumb as fk like that

it surprises me that someone with a 10+ year old account here doesn't understand that continuous participation is 95% of key to success as a guild, not "carrying" others

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That's still Personal Loot, simply because people work around within the system, doesn't mean the system is totally different.
    If you have to trade your item to someone else it's not PL, it's LC with extra steps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    I'm sorry but what does participation of 39 other people have to do with guilt tripping a player (the boomkin who was in priority to get the said trinket) have to do with this? The fact remains if the boomkin has the attendance priority and the guild uses a system that rewards participation over other factors like "oh its a better upgrade overall for Mageymcmage" then why would a guild literally guilt trip the boomkin by putting them on the spot and ask him "you want to pass that to the mage or take it for yourself"? That's pretty fucked up logic. If you're going to have a loot system where attendance is the priority then don't try to guilt trip a player to pass on an item that is an upgrade and very useful for himself just because its a better upgrade for another player who doesn't have the same seniority. And if you don't think that asking a player "you want to pass it to someone else" isn't a guilt trip, think again. You're putting the player on the spot and makes it very difficult to say no because if they do they look like a major ass which is what a guilt trip is meant to do....guilt someone into doing something they don't want to do (or into not doing something they want to do depending on the situation).

Super excited to seeing all the 10~ warlock and 10~ hunter raids throughout TBC.

... not.

Gotta figure out better loot priorities since you'll be swarmed by meta classes. Tallest dude? By race? Biggest guild donation?
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-05-18 at 04:38 AM.

If you have to trade your item to someone else it's not PL, it's LC with extra steps.
    If you still have to deal with Item restriction, the system is still PL.

There is a reason why people are asking for ML to return.

Its funny how classic became more elitist and min/maxed than retail^^

Nothing bad about it. Everyone can play the way they want to play. Still funny.

To be fair the only gear that actually matters in BC is Tank Gear. DPS isn't an issue on any of these fights, 9/10 times it's a matter of if your tank can survive all the big sources of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Healing Maces generally go to Paladins/Shaman because Priests/Druids can use staves (Paladin/Shaman should be using shields). This philosophy often carries over to Prot Paladins vs. dps casters as well.

If you're going to prio physical dps gear at all, it tends to go to Hunters first because (a) they do the most damage and (b) they can manage the threat the best.

The Lightning Capacitor is normally prio'd to Elemental Shaman since they use it a lot better than anyone else.

Resto and Enhancement Shaman also want their 2p T4. Warlock 2p T4 is nice enough, but it's only about 35 spellpower over time - it's not really in the same league with set bonuses like Shaman and Feral Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Where’s the downside to this? Sounds like he made his choice and the other dozen slots (and his dps) suffered for it.

I get that every system has flaws, but saving up longer than the next guy for a piece you want doesn’t sound like a super negative thing.
    Exactly. On top of that i would add that this is why there is a decay system with EPGP to avoid players banking too much points. That is why the system works.