Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The world content stinks.

These world quests in particular have crap rewards. A ramdomized conduiet system that you don't even get your bis in most cases. These conduiets takes up bag space where it just takes up space. I end up deleting most of them becasue they are useless in most cases. Than the world quests themselves take extra longer then previous expansions. Korthia is a world questing hub with same rewards. There is no storylines with these repuation factions to reason why you should get to exalted. I thought they couldn't make world questing even worse but they managed to prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    These world quests in particular have crap rewards. A ramdomized conduiet system that you don't even get your bis in most cases. These conduiets takes up bag space where it just takes up space. I end up deleting most of them becasue they are useless in most cases. Than the world quests themselves take extra longer then previous expansions. Korthia is a world questing hub with same rewards. There is no storylines with these repuation factions to reason why you should get to exalted. I thought they couldn't make world questing even worse but they managed to prove me wrong.

1- So you want BiS gear from just doing a 5 minute world quest? What would you do after the first 3 days when you have full BiS gear? Complain about having nothing to do since there would be zero upgrades for you left in game?

2- Why refuse to just learn the conduits instead of leaving them in your bags, aside from the obvious just wanting a reason to complain about them taking up space?

3- I didnt realize Korthia was out yet. Any idea why my launcher wasn't prompted for the update?

4- Yes, everything in game is done with you specifically in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    These world quests in particular have crap rewards. A ramdomized conduiet system that you don't even get your bis in most cases.
    What would be the incentive if you got your BIS on your first try, every character?

These conduiets takes up bag space where it just takes up space. I end up deleting most of them becasue they are useless in most cases.
    Then you’ll just keep getting them. If you don’t install them - it’s not like installing them makes you use them - you’ll keep getting the same ones. You’re shooting yourself in the foot.

Than the world quests themselves take extra longer then previous expansions. Korthia is a world questing hub with same rewards. There is no storylines with these repuation factions to reason why you should get to exalted. I thought they couldn't make world questing even worse but they managed to prove me wrong.
    The go as fast for me as they did before. Really nothing has changed aside from less gear overall from all content, which is my only gripe. Months of raiding and my main is still only 210-212 across his specs because a number of slots just won’t drop. That’s a separate issue.

What do you suggest? Should world quests have a button upon selecting, where you can either choose to do it yourself, or have it instant complete with an RP reason that your followers went and did it?

Rewards...What should it be then? Gold rewards, should they be 100k each? Gear, perhaps mythic max titanforge gear? Rep tokens that give instant exalted with faction of ones choosing? Mounts and transmog that's currently very hard or even unobtainable as rewards? Max rank legendary item for the spec you are using? Achievements even, a random achievement completion upon the wq completion (including ALL achievements, whether they are currently obtainable or not)? Titles, a random title one doesn't own?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I don't think the rewards are bad currently, Anima could be enjoyable if there was a better way to get an overlook what you can buy for it, and perhaps if the level 3 building system was out from the start.

I do dislike the current world quests though, it's not that they take longer, but that you don't really know what the worldquest will entail until you are done, many of them have 5-6 steps that are revealed only after you completed the previous step.

In my opinion, 8.3 had my favorite version of world content. You had a small daily hub with your main 3-4 missions, then worldquests spread over the map worth slightly less, then small puzzle quests and rares if you really wanted to max out your rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korthia is a world questing hub with same rewards... I thought they couldn't make world questing even worse but they managed to prove me wrong.
    Whoa I didn't know that Korthia was in the live game already. I thought that was 9.1 content?

PTR is PTR for a reason, it's not quite the finished product so... I'd take the PTR with a big grain of salt.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

most annoying thing about world quests in shadowlands is that theyre all annoying collect/fill bar quests that take forever instead of killing an elite mob. even with waiting a minute for it to respawn it was faster in legion and bfa than the other quests

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about spicing it up. Sometimes you get a rare world quest to unlock some special transmog or you can collect differnt part and combine them into omething greater (insert reward)

No one cares about them how they are now, feel free to add suggestions. But right now they dont add anything hence no one doing them realy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know you wont get conduits if you actually learn em.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

5+ Year Old Account
    OP has a point.

Anima is worthless, in Legion & Bfa world quests were relevant, because they gave you AP and a small chance to get a powerful item.

I haven't done a single world quest for 4 or 5 months now, there is no point and that's wrong. They have to bring something meaningful back to world quests. Maybe Stygia and/or the new currency in the maw that comes with 9.1.

I don't mind doing world quests but if I get literally nothing useful (i.e an increase to my characters power) I won't.

Another idea is let us farm a new currency that allows us to reroll our Mythic keystone, to get the dungeon we want.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2021-05-17 at 03:05 PM.

Imagine throwing conduits away and then complaining about random conduits as rewards from world quests.

Imagine complaining about bag space in 2021 when players run around with 30-32 slot bags (how is it even possible to have bag space problems nowadays? Seriously, what are you hoarding?)

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    OP has a point.

Anima is worthless, in Legion & Bfa world quests were relevant, because they gave you AP and a small chance to get a powerful item.

I haven't done a single world quest for 4 or 5 months now, there is no point and that's wrong. They have to bring something meaningful back to world quests. Maybe Stygia and/or the new currency in the maw that comes with 9.1.

I don't mind doing world quests but if I get literally nothing useful (i.e an increase to my characters power) I won't.

Another idea is let us farm a new currency that allows us to reroll our Mythic keystone, to get the dungeon we want.
    No. There is nothing wrong with not doing world quests if you don't want to do them. Why do you want to be forced to do them? This really confuses me.

World Quests freaking blow in Shittylands, they were far better in Legion. Actually Legion was ten million times better expansion.

But even Legion had the dumb "systems". They need to go back to MoP design and no systems whatsoever.

No Artifact weapons, no AP, no Netherlight Crucible, no Azerite gear, no Azerite grind, no Essences, no Corruption, no Covenants, no Anima, no Soulbinds, no Conduits. Get rid of all that garbage, and never create anything like them again in WoW.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-05-17 at 03:44 PM.

yeah, WQ's in SL suck.... they swung too far in the opposite direction from BFA/Legion. Hopefully, they do something to make them fun and rewarding again
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Imagine throwing conduits away and then complaining about random conduits as rewards from world quests.

Imagine complaining about bag space in 2021 when players run around with 30-32 slot bags (how is it even possible to have bag space problems nowadays? Seriously, what are you hoarding?)

No. There is nothing wrong with not doing world quests if you don't want to do them. Why do you want to be forced to do them? This really confuses me.
    I don't want to be forced to do them I want to have a legitimate reason to do them, otherwise I am wasting my time. Not a terribly hard concept to grasp. This is a reward driven game.

These world quests in particular have crap rewards. A ramdomized conduiet system that you don't even get your bis in most cases.
    They're not supposed to give you "BiS gear". They're supposed to bump up your item level enough so you can perform well in dungeons. Seriously, if you're looking for "BiS green/blue gear", you're tryharding so hard even minmaxers would look at you oddly.

These conduiets takes up bag space where it just takes up space. I end up deleting most of them becasue they are useless in most cases.
    "They take bag space so they take bag space." I love it. But yes, if you just keep deleting the conduits instead of adding them to your conduit list, then of course they'll keep popping. Conduits stop showing as world quest rewards once you learn them.

Learn them. Not use them as active conduits.

Than the world quests themselves take extra longer then previous expansions.
    Not really. At least, I don't think so. There are pretty quick world quests, and long world quests, just like BfA, as far as my experience goes.

There is no storylines with these repuation factions to reason why you should get to exalted.
    Why should we get to exalted? To be able to buy the reputation rewards, I imagine.

I don't want to be forced to do them I want to have a legitimate reason to do them, otherwise I am wasting my time. Not a terribly hard concept to grasp. This is a reward driven game.
    I do them and I don't feel like my time is wasted. It gives decent gold. It gives decent amount of anima that allows me to unlock some cosmetics. Not everything has to be tied to power.

Gold, Anima, items to disenchant if enchanter, rep.
    What else do you want? They are just no longer tied to character power, that's all and completely fine.

- - - Updated - - -

WQ are intro-stuff for leveling and fresh max leveled alts.
    Only reason to do them is for Anima, a bit of Gold, disenchanting stuff (if poss) and rep.
    Deleting conduits.. welp.. Have fun getting them over and over again then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    1- So you want BiS gear from just doing a 5 minute world quest? What would you do after the first 3 days when you have full BiS gear? Complain about having nothing to do since there would be zero upgrades for you left in game?

2- Why refuse to just learn the conduits instead of leaving them in your bags, aside from the obvious just wanting a reason to complain about them taking up space?

3- I didnt realize Korthia was out yet. Any idea why my launcher wasn't prompted for the update?

4- Yes, everything in game is done with you specifically in mind.

I don't get why your first argument is ever an argument...you know what won't make me quit? Gear that makes me feel strong, see my classes potential, and see the results in how fast things die in the open world, how I can now tackle elites, my dps on the meters in dungeons, higher keys. You know what will make me quit? Nerfed raid drops, RNG vaults, getting the same piece repeatedly while I've got low level slots knowing ill have to wait another week for an attempt at a new piece.

Your character becomes the most fun when they have their max Ilvl, I am not sure why you would want to spend a whole patch trying to farm up BiS just to replace it again, I want it and I want it fast. Legion and BfA blew Shadowlands away outside of raids and dungeons. Shadowlands WQ are awful, the rewards are awful, even the "emissary" (covenant callings) rewards are AWFUL, rep rewards are AWFUL (200 necklace exalted wut?). I told my brother I am finally leaving for TBC classic because I picture spending my time in the Shadowlands zones doing meaningless world quests every day or I picture myself spending my time in outlands and the latter is far more appealing. Literally outside raid or m+ there is no meaningful content. I am 224 and my world quests give me 184, my alts are in the 200s from upgrades and world quests give 170s what is the point. I'd much rather a 5min world quest I flew out to have a chance to TF up to max ilvl than what we got now thats for damn sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

You lost me 100% at "conduits take up too much bag space."

What are they supposed to do with it at this point? Year after year we see Blizzard go from we gotta do them ALL or we dont need to do them at all. Its either required WQ for something(Gear, AP, rep) or WQ for "nothing" (Tmog, mount, pets).

Each and every time people complain about it, no matter what.

I dont think Blizzard really knows what to do with the world content. They know how to make leveling good. They know how to make good raids & dungeons. After that, its roll the dice if its good or not. Thats why we have seen infinite AP grinds, corruption, Torghast, conduits and whatnot. They are spitting out ideas.

BTW - go and learn those conduits so they dont stay in your bag lol